Kids Shoes?

For those of you wearing Keens, how do you get them to stop smelling.... or do my kids just have extra smelly feet?

We usually have our kids wear Natives for long walking days. However, this last trip I grabbed a pair of Birkenstock-style sandals for my 4 year old (Cat and Jack imitation of Birkenstocks anyway at Target). They have that similar kind of double layer sole and a bottom that has ridges so they're not slippery, if that makes sense. I also brought Natives and a pair of New Balance sneaks to use on different days, as I knew she'd be walking a lot and figured a Cat and Jack sandal that was like $15 couldn't hold up. Turns out, the sandals were amazing and I didn't even take the other shoes out of the suitcase. The adults walked 10+ miles a day (closer to 13-14 some days I'd guess) and she probably walked 2/3 of the time and not a single blister or mark. I highly, highly recommend them!

My kids have canvas slip ons... it's the socks that are the main issue. So they go with out.... but you could just pack extra socks they dont take up room or heavy.

Not sure on sizes.. but my daughter lived in her Nike Sunray Adjust sandals for several trips! She has very finicky feet & most sandals hurt. We bought those sandals every summer for forever.. now her feet are too big.. bummer..

Also had her wear good sneakers, but she preferred the Nike sandals

For those of you wearing Keens, how do you get them to stop smelling.... or do my kids just have extra smelly feet?

I don’t think there’s a way. I even tried soaking mine in a baking soda solution last summer. It helped for a day or two but then they went right back to smelling. Maybe I’ll try and do it this summer before they start smelling. We just leave ours in the garage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter