Kids Riding Alone Rules

bebe88

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!

Our girls will be 8yrs & 9yrs and both over 48" on our next trip. Wondering if as long as they meet the height requirement will they be allowed to ride without me? Specifically thinking about Rockin Roller coaster. My hubby isn't into it and thinking about having them go together and me sit alone. Or if they want to do rides multiple times can they just go on without me? Thanks!!

At 8 & 9, they should be, not sure if there are height requirements to ride alone on Rockin Roller Coaster or not though.

Hi Everyone!

Our girls will be 8yrs & 9yrs and both over 48" on our next trip. Wondering if as long as they meet the height requirement will they be allowed to ride without me? Specifically thinking about Rockin Roller coaster. My hubby isn't into it and thinking about having them go together and me sit alone. Or if they want to do rides multiple times can they just go on without me? Thanks!!

Minimum age to ride anything alone is 7yo, so as long as they meet the attraction’s height requirement they are good to go.

At 8 & 9, they should be, not sure if there are height requirements to ride alone on Rockin Roller Coaster or not though.
Thank you. Rockin Rollercoaster has a restriction of 48" so then I assume we will be good to go. :)

Your kids are fine- rule is 14 to enter the park and 7 to ride alone. You could even wait in line with them, ask the CM for the "chicken exit" at boarding and then wait for them when they are done.

Can I ask how do you ensure you don't loose a kid on a ride? Say if they come off and don't see you or you don't see them? Both my kids are big enough to go alone as well, but this is my biggest fear of letting them ride alone, that we will somehow miss each other when they get off and all of a sudden my kids are lost. Is it possible?

Can I ask how do you ensure you don't loose a kid on a ride? Say if they come off and don't see you or you don't see them? Both my kids are big enough to go alone as well, but this is my biggest fear of letting them ride alone, that we will somehow miss each other when they get off and all of a sudden my kids are lost. Is it possible?
There's generally only one way out. Just stand as chose as you can to the unload area. You shouldn't miss each other.

Just keep in mind it may depend on the CM. When we were there last April, some rides the CM didn't care or wanted my two kids (8 and 10 at the time) to ride together with me behind them. Sometimes (I know this happened on Barnstormer both time and I feel like it happened on another ride, too) they wanted the older child alone and me behind them with the 8 year old. I guess I could have argued with them and maybe they would have let them ride together, but it really didn't matter that much to us. And the kids should know they will likely be asked at most rides how old they are. :)

I don't know about loosing a kid on a ride, but losing them would be very difficult because there's only one exit (through the gift shop) on every ride.

You'd have to try pretty hard to lose a kid, but I did tell mine that if we somehow didn't walk out together they were to wait for me at the exit before going back into the park. Many rides exit to a gift shop but certainly not all of them. It was never an issue, I was always just behind them and as we were getting off they'd look to make sure I was right there.

Just tell them to wait for you at the exit to the ride. We have never had an issue. Many rides end in a gift shop, so if for some reason you couldn't find each other you could ask someone working there to assist you (and instruct your kids to do the same if they can't find you).

Just keep in mind it may depend on the CM. When we were there last April, some rides the CM didn't care or wanted my two kids (8 and 10 at the time) to ride together with me behind them. Sometimes (I know this happened on Barnstormer both time and I feel like it happened on another ride, too) they wanted the older child alone and me behind them with the 8 year old. I guess I could have argued with them and maybe they would have let them ride together, but it really didn't matter that much to us. And the kids should know they will likely be asked at most rides how old they are. :)

I'm thinking the CMs may have assumed your 8 year old was younger. If they had know s/he was 8 this wouldn't have been an issue since they can ride without an adult at 7.

Before I knew the age restrictions my kids once rode Primeval Whirl over and over (oldest was 13, youngest was 6) while DH and I sat on a bench and watched. After a few times through they got a different CM who asked their ages and then told them they had to get one of their parents in order for my youngest to ride. When we went back through the line we ran into the other CM. She mentioned that she had just assumed DD was about 16 and DS was at least 8 (he was taller than my middle DD) so that's why they had let them on all the previous times without hesitation.

Just tell them to wait for you at the exit to the ride. We have never had an issue. Many rides end in a gift shop, so if for some reason you couldn't find each other you could ask someone working there to assist you (and instruct your kids to do the same if they can't find you).

I'm thinking the CMs may have assumed your 8 year old was younger. If they had know s/he was 8 this wouldn't have been an issue since they can ride without an adult at 7.

Before I knew the age restrictions my kids once rode Primeval Whirl over and over (oldest was 13, youngest was 6) while DH and I sat on a bench and watched. After a few times through they got a different CM who asked their ages and then told them they had to get one of their parents in order for my youngest to ride. When we went back through the line we ran into the other CM. She mentioned that she had just assumed DD was about 16 and DS was at least 8 (he was taller than my middle DD) so that's why they had let them on all the previous times without hesitation.

I don't think this was the case, most of the time they were asked their age, and I know they were asked their age both times on Barnstormer and they still wanted the 8 year old with me. It didn't really matter to us but may have to some families, I suppose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter