Kidani Village Pool

jonb

Earning My Ears
I will be staying in a 2 bedroom in Kidani Village in June does any one have any pictures of the area. I wanted to see the pool area but can't find any pictures or picture of construction,

You won't find any... For some reason no one can get in too that area to take pics.. Everyone is waiting for these pics.

I had heard that the pool is going to be one of the top pools on Disney property. Any truth to that

I had heard that the pool is going to be one of the top pools on Disney property. Any truth to that

The concept certainly looks that way. Disney is keeping it under wraps until it opens though. I'm sure part of the reason is that they will want to keep AKL folks who are NOT staying on points from WANTING to visit the DVC pool. You know....'best kept secret' stuff.

Latest rumor I heard was that our current management, always one looking for ways to "enhance" our membership experience, decided that in this tough economy they should modify the pool concept to something a bit smaller so future maintenance fees charged to members were not excessive. You can find a picture of the now modified pool concept here: http://www.aboveground-swimming-poo...undSwimmingPoolPackage52Tuscan15Round_117.jpg

You won't find any... For some reason no one can get in too that area to take pics.. Everyone is waiting for these pics.
The pool is on front side of the resort so when you are looking at Kidani from Jambo House, the Kidani building is between you and the pool, blocking the view of that area. You can't get into that area because it's a construction zone. Security would be on you in seconds if you attempted to enter. The building is curved so when you take photos from the areas you can enter, you can't see the pool area. At this point you would need to fly over the area in a helicopter!

The pool is on front side of the resort so when you are looking at Kidani from Jambo House, the Kidani building is between you and the pool, blocking the view of that area. You can't get into that area because it's a construction zone. Security would be on you in seconds if you attempted to enter. The building is curved so when you take photos from the areas you can enter, you can't see the pool area. At this point you would need to fly over the area in a helicopter!

Are you trying to tell me there are no DISers dedicated to rent a chopper and snap some photos ???? Starting to lose my faith in this forum....:lmao:

Chris

Are you trying to tell me there are no DISers dedicated to rent a chopper and snap some photos ???? Starting to lose my faith in this forum....:lmao:

Chris

AIG might offer to donate a corporate chopper to the cause, they seem to have alot of extra cash these days.

I actually walked back pretty close to what will be the pool area last December. I saw it from a distance. What I saw was nothing more than a hole where the pool will be and foundation/cement where community hall and maybe the pool bar will end up. The rest of the pool area was just fenced off with some construction fencing.

Here's a shot of what Kidani's port cochere looked like. If I would have panned to the left I could have got a shot of the pool area, but I didn't because there really wasn't much there yet. Let me also mention...This building is massive.

Picture040-1.jpg

The concept certainly looks that way. Disney is keeping it under wraps until it opens though. I'm sure part of the reason is that they will want to keep AKL folks who are NOT staying on points from WANTING to visit the DVC pool. You know....'best kept secret' stuff.
So folks who are staying at the lodge (not the DVC villas) will NOT have access to the new pool? Isn't that diferent than the way most of the other resorts are (BCV, Boardwalk for example?):confused3

So folks who are staying at the lodge (not the DVC villas) will NOT have access to the new pool? Isn't that diferent than the way most of the other resorts are (BCV, Boardwalk for example?):confused3

yes that is except the other DVC resorts were added onto the resorts with the Themed pool. At BLT and AKV they are making their own themed pool at these DVC villas. We were told that BLT will be the same kind of set up with DVC members being able to use the Contemporary pool, but Contemporary guests not being able to use the Villa pool. This is different.

Just popping by to say that we will be at Kidani for opening weekend. I'll be sure to take lots of pix and will post them asap when we return! :thumbsup2

I haven't read anything that mentions pool hopping at AKV or BLT. Will pool hopping be allowed to DVC members staying at other resorts on points? Or will these two be off limits like SAB?

Just popping by to say that we will be at Kidani for opening weekend.

When is opening weekend? We're staying there in June... just want to confirm we're not going to be sleeping on plywood and metal framing! :lmao:

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter