Justin Timberlake : DWI arrest

Driving drunk is not cool. Why on earth didn’t he get a ride?

He was following behind a car that friends were in. It's likely everyone thought if he just follows along behind, how much trouble could he get into? :rolleyes:

TMZ showed the street surveillance footage. The cars weren't driving fast. But, he wasn't close enough behind that, likely he didn't see them stop at the stop sign. He blew through it in an effort to keep up with them. :headache: When he was stopped by the cop, his friend's car stopped their car too. (They also tried to get the cop to let Justin go. :sad2: )

He was following behind a car that friends were in. It's likely everyone thought if he just follows along behind, how much trouble could he get into? :rolleyes:

TMZ showed the street surveillance footage. The cars weren't driving fast. But, he wasn't close enough behind that, likely he didn't see them stop at the stop sign. He blew through it in an effort to keep up with them. :headache: When he was stopped by the cop, his friend's car stopped their car too. (They also tried to get the cop to let Justin go. :sad2: )
I wonder if his friends could be charged with something. Sounds like maybe they knew he had too much to drink if they wanted JT to follow them and they were driving slowly.

I really could care less about any celebturd, and since my aunt was killed by a drunk and I've been hit by two I have some pretty extreme ideas for proper punishment. That said what I found funny as hell is the cop is so young he had no idea who he'd pulled over. I can hear it, "Don't you know who I am"" and the calm officer, "Nope, no clue, don't care grandpa. Now put your hands behind your back."

--->
He was following behind a car that friends were in. It's likely everyone thought if he just follows along behind, how much trouble could he get into?
They should’ve all left in one car then, theoretically with a sober designated driver. Haven’t you heard “friends don’t let friends drive drunk”?

Why is this a front page news story? Did he do something wrong? Absolutely! Should he have been arrested & tossed in jail overnight like he was? Yes. Is he lucky he didn't kill someone? Yes. 🙏

Where is the list of the other drunk drunk drivers arrested that night so people can vilify them too? Why aren't their arrests on the front page of national news too?
Because he’s a popular entertainer and people are interested in his life? I’m sure he welcomes positive publicity, but as a celebrity, you take the good with the bad. The price of fame, as they say.

It’s quite possible he was the only one arrested that night. This is not NYC. It’s Sag Harbor, a small village on the east end of Long Island, that probably has only a dozen or so officers in its police dept. As mentioned, he was not recognized as a celebrity, but even if he had been, why should he get special treatment? He’s probably embarrassed, but hopefully this is a wake-up call for him and it doesn’t become a habit.

Enough already. I am tired of hearing he was arrested for DWI. I live on LI. People are arrested every day for this. And no, they do not print a list of them in the paper unless they have been doing a sting operation. It appears he was under the influence. Let him pay his dues and perhaps learn a lesson.

Enough already. I am tired of hearing he was arrested for DWI. I live on LI. People are arrested every day for this. And no, they do not print a list of them in the paper unless they have been doing a sting operation. It appears he was under the influence. Let him pay his dues and perhaps learn a lesson.
So why even click on this thread? :confused3

This is newsworthy for the next few days. It will be old news by next week. It’s not going to affect JT’s his career. His lawyer will handle everything. It’s just a blip on the radar for him.

The names of the regular folk who are arrested for DWI may not be published in the paper, but they have much more to lose.

Was it released what he BAC was at the time of his arrest?

Just looked it up and he refused testing. Here in California that would be an enhancement to his DUI charge. If he only had ONE martini like he is claiming why refuse testing?
You refuse testing if you don't want to incriminate yourself. If you are not 100% sure you will pass, legally it is best for your defense to refuse.

In any interaction with the police you should never incriminate yourself. Make them do the work. Keep your mouth shut as is your right.

But there are also consequences for NOT testing. As was noted he has had his license suspended.
Incriminating yourself generally has very severe impacts on your attorney's ability to defend yourself.

Here is some Georgia specific reasons behind refusing.

https://www.dui.info/refusal-of-breath-and-blood-testing#:~:text=Basically, even before you have,your license for 1 year.

Our lawyers are experienced in the process and consequences of refusing to submit to a breath test. You do not have to suffer a 12 month suspension of your drivers license. You don't have to face the prospect of losing your license and going to jail. Once the 30 day letter is filed, your Georgia DUI Lawyer will have time to investigate your case to see if the arresting officer followed all the correct procedures when you were arrested. If those procedures were not followed, then the refusal itself can be thrown out of court, thereby saving you from the 12 month license suspension. In addition, the arresting officer may have violated the Georgia Implied Consent Law. There are defenses at your Georgia ALS Hearing. It is not hopeless.

As a defendant you should always use the law to help you, especially if you have the money to hire a talented attorney.

Why is this a front page news story? Did he do something wrong? Absolutely! Should he have been arrested & tossed in jail overnight like he was? Yes. Is he lucky he didn't kill someone? Yes. 🙏

Where is the list of the other drunk drunk drivers arrested that night so people can vilify them too? Why aren't their arrests on the front page of national news too?
Aren’t you the poster who, every year, starts another Oscars thread to celebrate and talk about the clothes that famous people wear? Do you also start threads about the clothes that other, non-famous people wear? Or do you only discuss the famous ones?

Last edited:
Incriminating yourself generally has very severe impacts on your attorney's ability to defend yourself.

Here is some Georgia specific reasons behind refusing.

https://www.dui.info/refusal-of-breath-and-blood-testing#:~:text=Basically, even before you have,your license for 1 year.

As a defendant you should always use the law to help you, especially if you have the money to hire a talented attorney.

::yes:: Justin's lawyer, a high powered, successful lawyer in Sag Harbor, has already announced he's fighting this case, Probably using a tactic like above. He's publicly told the public to wait for all the evidence to be disclosed. He's waiting for more info from the DA's office.

TMZ, (lawyers themselves,) speculate Justin's lawyer is waiting for the police body cam footage, etc., so that he can get Justin's case pleaded down from a "wet reckless driving offense," "wet" meaning "intoxicated" to just a reckless driving offense, which is less of a conviction, especially in case of any future driving charges Justin may have in the future for other things.

I'm wondering how Justin already knew to refuse the breathalyzer so a lawyer can fight for him? :scratchin

I'm wondering how Justin already knew to refuse the breathalyzer so a lawyer can fight for him? :scratchin
I assume because he is educated.

I have a neighbor who is an attorney. She says so many times her clients destroy her ability to defend them by opening their mouths.

People need to know that the police, FBI, etc, are not your friends.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest