• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just returned-rules now enforced: no upgrades or welcome gifts with special rates

mark & sandra

DIS Veteran
Just returned today and we tried for an upgrade and welcome gift (loews gold member) and we were told that as of Jan. 1st the rules that had been inplace but were not followed will now be followed. If you get a reduced rate, AP, Fan Club, Entertainment, etc., then you are no longer entitled to the welcome gift or the upgrade(free or for 35.00). Some good news though, you still get the free morning paper!

Originally posted by mark & sandra
Just returned today and we tried for an upgrade and welcome gift (loews gold member) and we were told that as of Jan. 1st the rules that had been inplace but were not followed will now be followed. If you get a reduced rate, AP, Fan Club, Entertainment, etc., then you are no longer entitled to the welcome gift or the upgrade(free or for 35.00). Some good news though, you still get the free morning paper!

The AAA rate we are getting in April is hardly enough to justify not getting the welcome gift. Loews may find that people are not staying at their resorts if they remove these perks. As it is we've cut our April vacation down to 2 nights because of the lack of discount rates.

I love Universal, but this year am getting WDW APs. The cost of the APs are high, but there are rooms in a much wider price range.

T&B

We stayed at RPR January 16-18 with a APH rate of $129 per night. We did receive our welcome gifts. I also asked about upgrades and was offered one for one night of our stay. The second night was unavailable due to the hotel being full that night. Sounds like it might depend on who checks you in.

We stayed at the HRH Jan 16-19 and also received our welcome gifts, I was told no upgrades were available because the hotel was sold out. Did get our papers too.

(I had 2 rooms and both got welcome gifts, milk and cookies for the kids room and beer and peanuts for our room).

Originally posted by Tigger&Belle
The AAA rate we are getting in April is hardly enough to justify not getting the welcome gift. Loews may find that people are not staying at their resorts if they remove these perks. As it is we've cut our April vacation down to 2 nights because of the lack of discount rates.

I love Universal, but this year am getting WDW APs. The cost of the APs are high, but there are rooms in a much wider price range.

T&B

AAA is a published Loews rate. You still should get your ammenities.

Just curious-what about welcome gift for for loew's member who booked thru hotel kingdom?

We booked through hotelkingdom and got our welcome gift on 1/3. Hotelkingdom even put our Loew's number in the system.

We received our Welcome Gift (we got Entertainment Rate) and We upgraded for $50/night (wished we didn't however--it was a waste of money in our opinion, and our room was substandard...)

Flo

How do you go about upgrading? I have a res for May at the HRH w/ the Ent. discount and a Loews blue card. Do you ask when you get there?

Mad4Dizne - Tell us more about your experience please. Which resort were you at and what was not worth the $50. Thanks.

We stayed at the RPR with an APH rate this past January and received our welcome gift twice! Plus a complimentary upgrade to pool view without even asking! Sounds like they are not enforcing the rule at all............

Our stay was at the PBH, since all of these other posts are for the other 2 resorts I'm wondering if anyone staying at the PBH has been denied the welcome gift or upgrade.

I got two welcome amenities at PBH earlier this month. I booked with the Florida resident discount of $209 for a deluxe room. I was also upgraded to a villa suite but that was due to problems I had during two previous stays. They gave me white wine and nuts in the parlor and milk and cookies in the actual room. It really does all depend on who checks you in. I was talking to the girl who checked me in and she was saying they can do pretty much anything they want at check-in. They decide what gets sent up to your room for birthdays or special occasions. They can send anything from a card to a cake and stuffed animals. For that reason, I am always on my best behavior at check-in. I have also always gotten my welcome amenity without any question.

Just back from HRH with an APH rate for a deluxe room of $139. They tried to send the gift up but we were at the park and had the do not disturb sign up. They left us a message and when we returned they immediately brought it up. I had not asked for it but we are Loews gold members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter