Just off fantasy 3/26 western

Joel0917

DIS Veteran
Just off fantasy. Found out all COVID restrictions are going away today so we it’s missed it. Pools were tough for kids with only 13 at a time! And going back to self service at cabanas.

For this cruise pirate night was day 3. Seemed to have caught lost off guard. It talking to folks on board they said it changes every cruise lately.
Did two fireworks 830 and 1030.
We missed Falmouth due to rough seas and in turn missed picking up our two variety acts: a magician for one night and ventriloquist for another.
So they ran Believe and extra night and then showed turning red another night.
Outside of violen player in La Piazza not much evening entertainment besides trivia.

Count was about 2400-2600 depending on who u asked.
But they said next week April 9 it was going to 4000!!!
Our waiters are freaking out cause they only had three tables ans steuggled. They said they will get five or six.

Our cleaning host said they keep one stateroom out of four empty on each floor and he’s been storing everything in there and starting today they have to get those rooms ready for next week.

Overall good cruise. Meals were ok to really good. Palo was great but I had to ask the next day for my paltinim discount. It was not automatic.

Any questions?
Kids did vibe and edge. WiFi did not work on castaway. They said been a problem for weeks so you can’t communicate with others you may be trying to meet.

Do you happen to remember how late the Aqua Duck and pools were open in the evenings?
Closed every evening but last two. Night six closes at about 830. Abut 930/10 on night seven. Was not open late the other nights mostly due to wind

Thanks for posting. While that number is incredibly scary I truly hope it’s wrong. With Easter coming up, I’m sure the ship will be busy. That’s too bad about missing a port and picking up the entertainers. I’ve seen this happen a few times myself.

Our waiters are freaking out cause they only had three tables ans steuggled. They said they will get five or six.
Oh wonderful we will be on this one.

Did it feel crowded? Are people crowding in elevators? I hope the evening entertainment gets
better. How was the seating for the shows? Is it back to normal or are they skipping seats?

thanks

Last edited:

Did it feel crowded? Are people crowding in elevators? I hope the evening entertainment gets
better. How was the seating for the shows? Is it back to normal or are they skipping seats?

thanks
I was on as well. The elevators were crowded like normal at times. The shows for Frozen and Aladdin were pretty full. They are not skipping seats.

Not certain about the pool capacities.

Seats were skipped for movie viewing in Buena Vista theater, no masks needed. No seats skipped in Walt Disney theater, but masks were still required there.

Did you stop at all of the ports? I know they had not been stopping at Grand Cayman...

Just off fantasy. Found out all COVID restrictions are going away today so we it’s missed it. Pools were tough for kids with only 13 at a time! And going back to self service at cabanas.

For this cruise pirate night was day 3. Seemed to have caught lost off guard. It talking to folks on board they said it changes every cruise lately.
Did two fireworks 830 and 1030.
We missed Falmouth due to rough seas and in turn missed picking up our two variety acts: a magician for one night and ventriloquist for another.
So they ran Believe and extra night and then showed turning red another night.
Outside of violen player in La Piazza not much evening entertainment besides trivia.

Our cleaning host said they keep one stateroom out of four empty on each floor and he’s been storing everything in there and starting today they have to get those rooms ready for next week.

Overall good cruise. Meals were ok to really good. Palo was great but I had to ask the next day for my paltinim discount. It was not automatic.

Any questions?
Kids did vibe and edge. WiFi did not work on castaway. They said been a problem for weeks so you can’t communicate with others you may be trying to meet.
I was also in this sailing and 💯 you trip report was on point!!

I believe if I heard correctly it’s back to normal starting today which will be good because this sailing were 💯 booked and we had 2,500 onboard and it sounds like within the next week or 2 they will be a precovid capacity

Did Grand Cayman seem generally open? As far as the normal excursions?
Maybe someone else who tendered out will chime in, as admittedly, we did not go ashore in Grand Cayman.
DCL excursions were available, though, dolphin swimming ones, scuba diving, a boat outing.

Not certain about the pool capacities.

Seats were skipped for movie viewing in Buena Vista theater, no masks needed. No seats skipped in Walt Disney theater, but masks were still required there.

How does this make sense…?

thanks
Elevators full. No masks. Encountered a few folks that got off because too many people.

Seating was full all seats all rows

I did wonder in December that felt empty

This felt crowded although you could get. A chair most of the day at the pool and adult pool always had room but no chairs open. They did make front of ship adult only which is where my kids like to go and look over the bow and they policed it. Waste to make ya adult only for some reason. It’s just the bow overlook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter