• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just had a major panic...

Joanne UK

<font color=red>My favourite is Big Thunder Mounta
The last 3 times we have been to DLRP I phoned them direct to book and each time they took the deposit there and then and then they automatically took the remaining amount due so many days before the holiday.

DH came home from work tonight and said he would check our account out of interest to see if DLRP had taken the balance due for our holiday next month - and they hadn't. We got the paperwork out and there was no mention of them taking it this time we had to pay the amount in full by June 18th - TOMORROW!. luckily we phoned and paid off the remainder but I was having palpitations! Don't know why this time was differant - I blamed DH naturally because this was the one and only time he made the booking.

Joanne

Did you give them this information or did they take it from your credit/debit card?

We paid the deposit by credit card and previously they've always just taken the balance using the same details we gave them, but not this time.

Joanne

We were due to pay our balance yesterday too, and like you assumed that they would take it off the credit card on the given date ( at least that is what they told me ) They originally sent me a letter with a slip attached to say that they could take the money but when I queried it, I was told they had sent out the wrong letter and to ignore it becuase it would be done automatically. Having read your post I decided to check with DLP, they tell me that all the computers are down and they won't be able to tell me until Monday.

Now I'm worried also. :guilty:

Will have to phone on Monday to make sure they have taken balance, as requested.

Reid

Reid,
Can you check your account? If they have taken the balance then you can have a relaxing fathers day!

Joanne

Unfortunately no way of checking credit card on-line and last statement cut off before payment was due.

Reid

Reid,

you said further up that you requested that they take the balance when its due. I think this was our problem - DH made this booking and where I've always requested this he didn't. I didn't think to check this with him after he'd made the booking and luckily he thought of it yesterday evening.

As you'd requested this hopefully it's all gone through ok.

Reid

The lady I spoke to said that if I rang on Monday they "would be able to reassure me " that the money had been paid.
She said that this is usually done automatically and it would be rare for it not to have happened. Hope this helps to put your mind at rest. You can always try ringing tomorrow if you are still worried - you never know, computers may be up and running again by then

Joanne/Dee

thanks for the reassurances. It is nephews' bbq party tomorrow so that will provide ample distraction to wait till Monday.

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter