Just got back

Spunky946

DIS Veteran
So we just got back from a Disney/universal split stay. We did 7 nights at Disney with a 8 park hopper plus ticket and a 1 night stay with a 2 day park to park ticket at universal.

We stayed at royal pacific to get the express pass and loved being so close to the parks.

Kids are 14 and 10. The 14 year old hated universal because he doesn’t like fast rides and wouldn’t even try ones that were slower. My daughter who is 10 and I loved the Harry Potter areas. We rode forbidden journey and the gringotts twice each. They were both awesome, but I loved gringotts better, as it’s not quite as rough.

Can’t wait to go back someday. We didn’t see all of islands of adventure, so that will be for another trip. Pretty sure it will be just me and dd for a weekend trip.

The express pass was awesome and staying close was great. I wish we had had one more night so we could use the pool more.

Just wanted to share some thoughts

Hi so glad that you enjoyed HP lands so much! Gringott's is our favorite also. I could just stay in the HP worlds for hours. Sorry your son didn't like the parks. It is understandable if he doesn't like fast rides. We love staying on-site for the ep and really the resorts in general are so great! We always make sure to add resort time to our stay. I think a weekend trip with DD will be a great idea:thumbsup2 .... We love Universal and glad when someone else enjoys it as well.
Thanks for sharing:D

So glad you had a good time! We actually prefer Universal to Disney :). My oldest DD and I would like to do a girls weekend trip once she gets a bit older.

So glad you had a good time! We actually prefer Universal to Disney :). My oldest DD and I would like to do a girls weekend trip once she gets a bit older.

My DD and I have done this a few times. It's really fun. We're doing a trip this coming weekend.

Great to hear that you had a nice trip! Very nice to combine Disney with Universal. The EP feature while staying at one of the 3 hotels is AWESOME! RPR and is very nice; we have stayed at both RPR and HRH and love the convenience. Our sons are now adults and the proximity to Citiwalk is great! Good eats and drinks!::yes:::thumbsup2

So glad you had a nice trip! Staying at a deluxe with unlimited EP is so nice and makes for a relaxing vacation! Hope you can return soon! Thanks for sharing about your trip!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter