Just got back from 10 day, 9 night OKW...

pklein09

Winner DVC Trivia Contest April 2006
We had a fantastic stay (if you don't count the cracked tooth and bad trip to a Disney-recommended dentist)!!! There were 11 of us in a GV. DH and I toured this unit in 1992, but I forgot how big it was! It's actually smaller than my house, but it's laid out more efficiently and has a better kitchen!

The weather was warm (it's August in Florida!) but we didn't see a drop of rain. We had some great breezes thanks to Hurricane Dean.

Mousekeeping was spotty at best. Our GV was ready when we checked in at 4:15 and it was clean. Instead of trash and towel service on day 4, we got a full cleaning. Unfortunately, one our kids lost their beloved stuffed animal because it was a white bear and it was left in bed while we went touring. When we got back, no bear and one very upset kid. They also only gave us 10 towels. :confused3 On day 7 when we should have gotten the full cleaning, nothing. :confused3 On day 8, we only got trash and towel, and they still only gave us 10 towels. They only emptied the trash cans though and did not take recycling. All the plastic bottles we put on the counter were still there. We did tip them on day 4 and day 8.

We did Pirates and Princess (which was great!) and did the parks for a little bit every day.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer.

I'm glad you had a fantastic vacation, but I'm sorry to hear about the bear and the spotty mousekeeping.

Bobbi

We just got back tonight from SSR and BWV. We had some housekeeping issues at SSR including a missing swim suit, stuffed animal and blanket. I will post more about that tomorrow. Sounds like you had a good trip despite the mishaps. We want to try OKW soon. WE liked SSR better than BWV and I think we would love OKW too. :goodvibes

Mousekeeping was spotty at best. Our GV was ready when we checked in at 4:15 and it was clean. Instead of trash and towel service on day 4, we got a full cleaning. Unfortunately, one our kids lost their beloved stuffed animal because it was a white bear and it was left in bed while we went touring. When we got back, no bear and one very upset kid. They also only gave us 10 towels. :confused3 On day 7 when we should have gotten the full cleaning, nothing. :confused3 On day 8, we only got trash and towel, and they still only gave us 10 towels. They only emptied the trash cans though and did not take recycling. All the plastic bottles we put on the counter were still there. We did tip them on day 4 and day 8.
Sorry to hear about the loss of the stuffed animal! Did you let anyone know about it in case it turns up at some point?

The mousekeeping schedule sounds right according to the official info on the members' website:

For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

We did report the loss of the bear. They told us that all the laundry is sent to a central facility and that the do collect anything that is not sheets and towels and send them back to lost and found. That could take anywhere from 2-3 weeks, so we have our fingers crossed.

This was our first over 7 day trip and I never thought the cleaning schedule would be different. It wasn't terrible, we were just expecting something different.

I loved staying for the longer time. We didn't feel rushed to cram in everything. We normally go in November for Jersey Week when the parks close at 7:00. It was nice to have the extra time in the evening. We did take a break in the middle of one day and swam, but mostly just park hopped and enjoyed the ride on the air conditioned busses. We also left the parks before the fireworks to avoid the crowds and then did a night swim with the kids. They thought this was the coolest thing!

About your check-in...

I know you said you were gone for ten days, but I'm too brain dead to figure out what day of the week you checked in on. So, what day was your check in?

About your check-in...

I know you said you were gone for ten days, but I'm too brain dead to figure out what day of the week you checked in on. So, what day was your check in?

We checked in on a Tuesday afternoon about 4:15 or so. There was no one in line, so it went fairly quickly. We had waitlisted our last 2 days for the GV and hadn't heard anything so we thought we had to move. Nope - we got our wait list:thumbsup2 and had the GV for all 9 nights. That was a great way to start the vacation. What did take some time was breaking out the meal plan. We were with another family and we wanted to pay separately. It took some time to figure out the numbers, but the CM was great and it wasn't a problem.

Thanks for reporting, glad you had a great vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter