• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just got back could not stand 90's. When is it in the 70's?

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello: We just got back from wdw, it was in the low to mid 90's, supposed to be in the low 80's. Anyways because of my bloodpressure I cannot seem to tolerate the parks in the 90's, can someone tell me when it would be in the low to high 70's in florida? I do alright if I am at a pool and just doing a resort day, but we did not do as many park days cause of the extreme heat. I turn red in about 4 minutes, my hubby says it looks like my head is going to explode, lol, it is not a sunburn either. Is anybody else like this? Thank you.

Deb.

February has been pretty comfortable for me! Nights get cooler; like fall nights in New England.

I go in December and it's 70's, compfortable. Sometimes you need a sweatshirt at night, but not always.

We were there this past December (7-14) and it was in the upper 80s every day. Next year we're going in January to try to beat the heat . You just never know -- been at WDW in the beginning of Feb. and it was in the 80s all week and the following week it went down to 50.

You never know! We went in January four years ago and LOVED it. It became our new favorite time to go, in the low 70s each day. This year we were there Jan 25-30 and it was 90 degrees every day! We were miserable.

Thanks everyone, I will write these months down in my disney book.

My hubby likes to swim still, I am sure he could find an afternoon in the 70's to swim. It is getting to that time in life where it will only be hubby and I as the children are grown, so a winter vacation would be nice.

Deb.

Oh, Deb, I'm almost relieved to discover there is someone else like me out there. Misery loves company and all that. :(
Besides the crowds at WDW in the summertime, I have let my intolerence to heat dictate when we visit FL. We visited WDW the last week of Sept once and while there were no crowds, it was still too dang hot for me. I'm a cold weather person from the midwest and I actually enjoy cold weather, but love DW, so what's a girl to do? My kids call our car and hotel rooms we stay in "the Arctic Zone" because I blast the AC even when it's 70 degrees. This year I am booking our DW trip in December. I thought that would be safe until I read this thread. Now I am wondering if it will be too hot. One thing is for sure, it cannot be as bad as our former trips in August so that's one good thing. :)
TT (who is looking forward to some hopefully mild weather in December)

Hi Tina:

Yes my children and I get migraines from being too hot, but now that I am in my 40's with high blood pressure, and probably peri menopause, lol the heat just does me in, my hubby says it looks like my head is going to burst as my face just turns red and it is not a sunburn. This can happen in about 3 minutes in 90's weather.

But I think december would be a good choice, we were there once in december and it was never in the 90's, not even the 80's just mid 70's. So go for it. Have fun.

Deb.

Our best trip to Disney weather-wise was the Last week of October/First week of November. The weather was great - mid 70s during the day and sunny, and then low 70s or hi 60s at night. We would definately go at that time of year again. Another thing we like about that time of year is the Food and Wine festival is going on at Epcot, and MNSSHP at Magic Kingdom.

We were there for a week in April and it was in the 90's every single day. That really hurt my Ohio feelings! My 5 y/o also gets blood red in the heat. I am always afraid he is going to pass out or something.

Next years trip is for the first week of March. I hope it is a little-bit cooler.

Does anyone know when Easter is in 2003?

We have found so far that November is the best for us. We usually go from the 5th to around the 11th. The days are nice 70's and the evenings just require a light jacket or sweatshirt. Good luck with your future plans.

You can't plan on cool weather even in January sometimes. When I went this year 1/22-1/30, it was hot. Records were being broken. It was in the upper 80's and that's too hot for me.

We really like early Nov too. The weather is terrific, high 70's-low 80's daytime. Nightime was in the low 60's,sometimes even low 50's-high 40's!! But now with my dd going into 3rd grade we will be going in the, aarrgghhhhh, late summer :eek: Mabe she'll suddenly start doing great in school and we can plan for Nov again. By the way, the pools are terrific in Nov. We spent a day at BB, and most evenings used the pool at PO-R. Even if it gets chilly temp. wise, the pools are nicely heated. Have a ball:Pinkbounc

I loved the weather when we went in Oct, of course this is the rainy season though. But, we were in Orlando for 7 days and it didn't rain one drop. The weather was in the low to mid 80's. It's the kind of weather where you wear T-shirts and shorts in the day. But you need a jacket for the early morning hours and when the sun comes down. DH wore jeans most of the time and he wasn't hot.

We also went a few times in January, we had temperature ranges from 50's-70's. Too cold for me. When I go to Orlando, I want to be able to use the pool.

For early Feb or late Oct. 70's during day maybe 60's at night and pools are heated (if you need to take the chill off)

We were there the 3rd of May for 3 nights and I cancelled our last night and went home early! The heat was unbearable to me! I also turned red (not sunburn) and felt really dizzy ad sick one day. I thought I was going to have to go the emergency room or something. We went in the Sci-Fi diner and I had to put my head down on the table. After two glasses of ice water I started to feel better. I told my husband we would try to go back in November and I will never again go in the hotter months. I have a 18 month old and I was very concerned that she would become overheated also. We also went in early January and it was freezing! Maybe I'll get lucky next time.

Hi Gagebre: I am glad that I am not the only one, I am surprised as I see that you live in florida, I don't feel so bad. I have high blood pressure, and felt the same way as you a bit dizzy and sick.

I actually had the end of august booked last summer and the same thing happened to me here in canada when our temps were in the 90's with humidity, so hubby made me change, I checked april on a historical weather page on teh internet and it said low 80's with no humidity. But I think I will have to stick to nov,dec,jan, feb, mar. Thanks for your post. I wish I knew what that turning red thing is about, hubby says I look like I am going to explode. lol.

Deb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter