Just cleared waitlist for Cat 1

thefreemans

Earning My Ears
We just received notification yesterday via a phone call that we are being upgraded to Cat 1 suite #8030 for the 5/10/03 western caribbean. I had originally booked 2 rooms because my wifes parents will be taking the cruise with us and our 2 young daughters (2yo and 2mo). I guess my question is, I know the suite is big, but is it enough for everyone to stay in, or should I still keep the other room ? The cost for cat 1 is not cheap and by dropping that second room I could save a lot.

Also, it pays to go on a wait list. I read here where the 7 day cruises were sold out for years in cat 1 and 2. I think it is a combination of getting really lucky and the bad economy. So if anyone is looking for upgrades I would put your request in. It worked for us.

thanks,
Hank and Nancy Freeman
4-time Disney Cruisers

Wow! Did you get upgraded to a Cat. 1 or did they tell you it's available for you to book (and pay for)? Either way, sounds like a stroke of luck. The brouchure says that the Category 1 suites sleep 7, so you should have plenty of room for your party of six.

Congrats!

Senor, I think he waitlisted and can pay for the cabin if he chooses to take it. :)

You DEFINITELY will have plenty of room in the Cat. 1 for your family, do NOT keep any other rooms.

ENJOY and tell us all about it when you get back! :sunny:

Hank & Nancy,

Congrats on the waitlist coming through. There are a lot of DIS'ers going on the 5/10 western. Can we party in your suite :)

PS - Welcome to the DIS!

We are always up for a good party. had 120+ people at our house for New Years '00 and '02 (the years my wife wasn't pregnant) So we have some prior experience.

That doesn't mean 120 of you can invade the suite though :D

-Hank

You got the reservation I had to cancel! I hope you have a great time!!! I think you will be very pleased with the amount of room you will have in the cat 1 We were fortunate enough to sail Cat 1 last year in April ,we also got it from being on a waitlist that cleared. We couldn't do our May 10 date this year because of a schedule change at our childrens school, glad to know you will be enjoying that suite,we will get to cruise in July,cat 1 was not available but we did get a cat 2,so we are thrilled. Happy cruising Freemans!!:wave:

Congratulations!!!

:Pinkbounc

I called a week ago and was able to get the same room for 6/20/04. I was psyched!!:bounce:

Please, please, please post all the juicy details of this room and your trip!!! Have you ever cruised before, we have not. From my research and these great forums it appears that you will have PLENTY of room. I heard from one exp. patron that the pictures don't do this gorgeous suite justice. HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

we were in 8030 exactly 1 year ago :( you will love all the room!

the cat 1 will sleep 7-8. the master br sleeps two, the second br sleeps 4 (two lower twins, 2 upper berths) and the pull-down bed in the library can sleep two unless the two are both very large. it is billed as a queen, but personally, i think it's somewhere between a full and a queen. i slept in it one night with my then 3yo cause he wasn't feeling well. we had plenty of room.

the only caution i have is that while the library has some storage, there aren't a lot of drawers. the only other comment i have it that the library is right off the master br with only a frosted glass door between the two rooms. my mil stayed in it on one of our cruises and she was not happy with the arrangement. she'd actually talked my dh into bumping my 3 boys out of the 2nd br so she could have her own bath, closet, and door to close us all out. needless to say, THAT didn't happen!

with your kids as young as they are, they would probably do fine in the library, leaving the 2nd br for your parents.

have fun...keep the room nice for us....we're back in 8030 for the 5/24 western.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter