Just booked Davy Crockett Ranch

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Just got off the phone to shareholders club. :)

In another thread there has been a discussion about the possible demise of Silvershuttle and VEA's new arrangements with the Val d'Europe hotels.
As a result we have been considering possibility of hiring a car from CDG as an option.

Last night suddenly it occured to me :wizard: Davy Crockett Ranch you required your own transport - no shuttle buses - so if we were hiring a car that gave us it as an option of accomodation suitable for 2 adults and 3 children. :sunny:

Booked a two room cabin for 1 week in July :Pinkbounc

Can't wait to tell the troops this evening :grouphug:

Never been to Davy's before so what can you tell me?

Reid

Brilliant news, Reid! :sunny: What a lovely surprise for your family this evening! I think I have only read positive things about the ranch, the only negative being that you need a car! It certainly looks lovely in the brochures.

We are thinking of staying here August 2006, originally we were thinking of bringing our own car but Thompson have now started doing cheap flights out of Bournemouth so if they are still doing them next year we will probably fly and then hire a car.

I think Sue (Disney Owl) has stayed at the ranch a few times and always recommends it. ( My apologies if I have got this wrong.:blush: )

Wow, Reid a whole week! :cool1:
And in sunny July!
You'll have a brilliant time and won't have to cram everything into a couple od days!
Have fun planning! :banana:

That sounds like a great idea!! Can't wait to hear what it's like there.

You'll have to hurry with that FAQ now Karen!! ;)

Hi Reid,

that was a great decission, the Ranch is great even in July you can BBQ in front of your cabin....and the pool is great too. You have to pick up your breakfast and I guess your kids would like to do this. Here are pics from the cabin and the breakfast
http://www.dlrp.spantig.net/davy_crocket_ranch.htm

When are you going? We are there from 23.-25 July aswell.

Greets Renate :wizard:

Renate - yeah, I thought it was a good decision too :) I had already had a sneaky look at your photographs, which helped to sell it ;)

Diana - you can believe it :goodvibes My worry now is we took 270 photographs for 3 day trip. How may will I take for 7 days :banana:
Looks like I might need to think about more memory cards from 7dayshop :moped:

Reid

What fantastic news Reid! You must all be extremely excited :teeth:

I will be doing the Camp Davy Crockett thread this weekend I promise :)

Karen
thanks for update regarding Davy Crockett Ranch thread.
I'm not forgetting my promise on Cheyenne but have PTA (I'm secretary for my sins) summer fayre this weekend so should get there in a week or so.

Reid

As Elaine says We do like Davy Crockett & are going for our 3rd visit in June. Will be able to answer more specific questions when we get back.

The pool is great and if the weather is hot still near enough to come out the park, swim & then return to the park later.

The best in our opinion is that you don't have to share a bed-room with the kids. When we took our 3 in a 1 bedroomed cabin, we put all 3 in the bedroom. Bunk beds & a double bed, and we used the bed in the living room. This pulled down out of the wall but might have changed now. I do remember it was plenty big enough & comfy. This year we are only taking 2 of the kids so an on-site hotel was an option but when we mention that DD & DS would have to share a bed. Either with each other or us they weren't keen. Especially as we're going for 4 nights.

It's also handy having a kitchen. i didn't cook but we used it to eat breakfast & was handy for snacks. We didn't use the BBQ.

Getting from the ranch to the park is very easy & quick. having the car means you can access the shops at the nearby Val D'Europe.

Also have lovely memories of the kids much younger then, interacting with the characters on an evening outside the pool/ restaurant sorry can't remember any of the names.

that's all I can think of for now but if you can think of anything else just ask.

We stayed at the cabins. My family and my friends family in adjacent cabins. I forgot when I booked it there were no shuttles. I think there was when originally built. We both had cars but we like to drink (especially on holiday in the eveings). We had decided to get cabs but in the end spent our three nights drinking in our cabins and having picnic type meals!

This year we will be staying at the Hotel New York and will be able to walk back from the restaurants etc.

We did not like the restaurant at the cabins. I am sure in the summer the cabins will be really nice. We went in October half term and it was freezing waiting for breakfast at the kiosk each morning!!!

Hope you have a great time.

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter