Just back with a few thoughts

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
Long time frequent visitor to the parks. I took my 16-year-old twins to DLR for their birthday March 19-21. We stayed at DLH; the girls had parkhoppers with MP. I have an annual pass without MP so I added it for the 3 days we were there. We stayed in a deluxe room under the AP spring rate which was $366 and included fp's and a $20 dining certificate.

Good: We had a very nice room in the Adventure Tower overlooking the pool (no construction to impair the view). Enjoyed being on the edge of DTD with a Starbucks right there and easy entry through security. We used the monorail a lot and it was great for us. It was fairly crowded but parks were manageable thanks to MP and single rider! Wow! With single rider we walked on Matterhorn twice (once when the standby was 120 minutes), had super short waits for Space and Incredicoaster, fairly short (20 min) for RSR. Loved Rancho del Zocalo for dining--reasonably priced, filling, and tasty, so we ate there twice. Loved the pineapple burger at Trader Sam's and the fries at Red Tavern (maybe the same as the pommes frites at Cafe Orleans?). Having MP for all of us was AWESOME.

OK: Most of the food we had was just ok. Not bad, but nothing I'd crave for next time. Used the magic morning thing but didn't really get much out of it this trip for some reason.

Not so good: No one at the front desk when I checked in told me about the $20 dining certificate or the fp's that were included in our AP booking so I completely forgot about them. Don't really care about the passes but I sure wish I'd remembered the $20 dining thing. I had wanted to use the hot tub/jacuzzi at the hotel but never got to it because the girls wanted to commando through the parks and I just rolled into bed when we got back. Trying to keep up with 2 determined teens with long legs is very draining to a short old gal like me. I've always loved having the ability to park hop but I usually go with my friends or my sister; I discovered that I could easily have saved $100 by getting the 1-park/day tickets instead of hoppers. I don't usually spend too much time in CA but my girls LOVED it this trip.

Is the dining certificate something you could sell to someone else? We'll be there in a week or so, and might be interested.

Thanks for the report! Your trip sounds dreamy and makes me excited for our stay at the DLH in a couple weeks. So the construction in the pool area/water slides didn’t bother your view? We usually request to stay in the Fantasy tower and just didn’t know if the pool view side would be less than desirable.

Bummer about the dining vouchers and the fast passes. I would email about it. Not necessarily expecting any compensation, but just to relay the experience.

The dining certificate is only good for the duration of your stay, so it expired on the 21st. I got a survey from Disney and mentioned that we weren't reminded about the dining or the fp's. DLR started loading the fp's onto your ticket rather than giving you paper reminders but I never saw them and am pretty sure that never happened. Usually they give you a paper certificate for the dining credit but again, it may be something they add to your ticket now but if so, there was no reminder from the desk CM and I didn't see it anywhere in our paperwork.

The dining certificate is only good for the duration of your stay, so it expired on the 21st. I got a survey from Disney and mentioned that we weren't reminded about the dining or the fp's. DLR started loading the fp's onto your ticket rather than giving you paper reminders but I never saw them and am pretty sure that never happened. Usually they give you a paper certificate for the dining credit but again, it may be something they add to your ticket now but if so, there was no reminder from the desk CM and I didn't see it anywhere in our paperwork.
Might be worth a call to Disneyland billing to see if they’ll credit $20 to your hotel bill.

Thanks for the report! Your trip sounds dreamy and makes me excited for our stay at the DLH in a couple weeks. So the construction in the pool area/water slides didn’t bother your view? We usually request to stay in the Fantasy tower and just didn’t know if the pool view side would be less than desirable.

Bummer about the dining vouchers and the fast passes. I would email about it. Not necessarily expecting any compensation, but just to relay the experience.
Forgot to answer your question about the room. We couldn't see or hear any construction at all. Here is the view from our room. We were on the 3rd floor of the Adventure Tower.20190319_151251_resized.jpg 20190319_233122.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!