• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back...Le Cellier Was Awful!

marvel said:
Could I ask what the 'SMokey Bones' place is? I love to eat in all kids of places when visiting the US, yes even Dennys ! So wondering if this is a chain ? Cause it sounds good!! :)

Smokey Bones is a chain of BBQ and Grill restaurants. I really enjoy the food. I had never experienced this chain until I moved to Orlando. Whenever I have houseguests we will usually get an order to go an enjoy it outside by the pool! So much better and easier then cooking it all myself!

http://www.smokeybones.com/

We went to LC once, several years ago. We were not impressed--at all. Soup and bread were ok, steak mediocre, service inattentive. I must say that DH really enjoyed the maple creme brulee, but we weren't enduring another meal there just for that! We've never been back.

I've been happy to see DISers going crazy for it though, figuring all the folks clammoring for ADRs there might leave a little room at our favorites for us.

I keep hearing comparisons to local steakhouse chain places. My local chain steakhouse doesn't offer the amazing Canadian cheese selection that this place has, nor the wonderful wine selection. As far as the steak, I found the quality and cooking technique to be on par with what I can get at a high end steakhouse here in New Orleans. And that's saying something, as New Orleans is an excellent steak town.

Sorry you've all had bad experiences, but the chain places just can't measure up the Le Cellier.

LC is the only Epcot restaurant I have been to where i have left just as hungry as when I got there. The food tasted really good;it's just that the portions were miniscule. Thank God I was on the free dining plan. It would have cost 125 dollars for the 2 of us to eat there(mom & I) if we were paying OOP. The first thing we did when we got back to the resort(PC) was go in the food court and have something to eat,we were so hungry.

We ate there for lunch on our recent visit......we always do and it was fantastic!! Great service. We spent a long time talking with our server....very nice and friendly young lady.
The soup was wonderful as always and the best burgers we have ever had.
Sorry you had a bad experience. I am going again in Jan.

Just our experience - it was all that we expected it to be, and more - the servers, the staff were fun, entertaining, talkative... just friendly and then some!! DD started to pout, and the Hostess made her LOL - and it became a running gag throughout our meal - we of course also try to engage the staff into talking about Canada - and we just feel its very friendly -

never had a problem with the steaks we order. This year we went to Rose and Crown - never will we go back there - esp in comparison to LeCellier!!!

We ate at LeCellier this summer for the first time and it was good. I don't think we will go back just becuae there are so many other places we haven't tried yet, and it didn't make our "redo" list. We enjoyed the food. The chedder soup was unique to us, we have never had it before, and the ice wine was very good. The bread sticks were YUMYUM. Now we have been there done that.

If we just have to have steak, we will go the Kona their steak was great, and the variety for something different too to go with the meal is there.

We ate there last Sunday. My filet was definitely not the quality of what I had at Fulton's or Narcoossee's, more like the Outback (I do like Outback).

We had fantastic service. Our waiter Brad was all over the place helping out at half of the tables, but he never missed a beat.

We enjoy LC, but I also don't understand they hype.

Speaking of portions, my side dish of $3 creamed spinnach was larger than my main dish:

27.jpg

eeyore45 said:
Rose and Crown - never will we go back there - esp in comparison to LeCellier!!!

I won't go back either. I went there one time, the meal was SO bad I couldn't even eat it. Worst meal I ever had while eating in a restaurant.

Our meal there over Spring Break '06 was very disapointing, but the service was very good. Our waitress was very sweet, and the waitress we had in '04 was wonderful as well. The food in '04 was excellent, I think I heard a rumor about beef not being imported from the same place they were getting it from previously or something like that. That doesn't explain the bland, mushy mushrooms and warm salad though. EPCOT really does need to kick it up a notch if they want to keep their reputation intact. Once the reputation is GONE, it's GONE.

I have been to Le Cellier a couple of times and was not all that impressed with it. That being said, we have a reservation there at the end of December along with the Coral Reef, another restaurant that gets mixed reviews.

DH and I had dinner at LeCellier on Friday evening. We had a great experience and would definitely eat there again. I agree that the portions are not large, but it was an adequate amount of food for us. Dh ordered the mushroom filet and I ordered the 7 oz filet. We both enjoyed our meals very much. Our server, Nikki from Nova Scotia, was fantastic. DH decided to change his dessert selection at the last minute and Nikki was very accomodating. DH turned out to be very glad that he changed to the huckleberry dessert, he thought it was delicious. I loved the creme brulee.

my mother and I went a couple of years ago and we had a fabulous waitress and the food was awesome. We both had a steak and lobster special and it was delicious!!!!!! I do agree that I'm sure the price was slightly more expensive than I would have expected but I think it was worth it. I'm sorry that there were some bad experiences. But I definately would go again. :cool1: :thumbsup2 ;) :rotfl2: :cheer2:

My apologies to the OP...I would like to know if anyone who has been to LeCellier since all of the new kids menu changes, can verify if the kids steak is still on the kids menu?

Slapster said:
I keep hearing comparisons to local steakhouse chain places. My local chain steakhouse doesn't offer the amazing Canadian cheese selection that this place has, nor the wonderful wine selection. As far as the steak, I found the quality and cooking technique to be on par with what I can get at a high end steakhouse here in New Orleans. And that's saying something, as New Orleans is an excellent steak town.

Sorry you've all had bad experiences, but the chain places just can't measure up the Le Cellier.

Wow, now I think I'd love to go there for some cheese and wine, but I don't think that's worth knocking myself out to get an ADR.

Wish they'd put in a bar so I could go in and sit there.

We ate dinner at the LeCellier on November 2nd. It was the best meal out of the seven days at WDW. It was our first time eating there and we plan on eating there on our future trips!

Tinkerbellmomma:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience however it is not helpful to us to just say it was bad and leave it at that. Can you please provide specifics? Tell us exactly what you ordered and what was wrong with it. This will be more helpful to us in making future dining decisions. I am going there in April and would really like to know exactly why you were unhappy.

Thanks!

bicker said:
We've been to Le Cellier twice, once right after it opened, and once three years ago, at the height of its alleged supremacy. The steak quality sucked. And I do send steaks back when I ordered them medium-rare and they're delivered dry and gristly. And the replacement I received was no better. I think Le Cellier had a three or four year honeymoon, nothing more. AFAIC, it was never as good as Chefs de France, and perhaps still isn't.

Gotta second this. And I'll add that the best steak we had the whole trip was the filet at Jiko. It was so tender you could easily cut it with a butter knife.

I think that the cheddar cheese soup and the pretzel bread account for at least 90% of all the glowing Le Cellier reviews here on the DIS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter