Just back -- HIFS is AWESOME!!

Lorene3

Earning My Ears
Just back from 8 days at WDW, staying at the Holiday Inn Family Suites. I cannot say enough about this hotel! They thought of everything when planning these suites! My 6 year old daughter had her own room with bunk beds, TV, Nintendo, VCR and a table with chairs. She also had her own phone in there, and could call each night and hear a different recorded bedtime story. When she was lying bed watching TV, there was a little speaker in the wall that she could turn on so that she could hear the TV without having to turn the set up loud.
My husband and I loved having our own room. The room was so clean and looked like it was a brand new hotel. They have a free in-room safe for your valuables, a hairdryer in the bathroom, and they even supply daily bottles of shampoo and soap.

We were so impressed with this hotel that we will never stay anywhere else when we go to WDW.

Welcome back, Lorene3. I, too, loved this hotel. Glad you had a great time!

I'm also glad you posted this because we are staying there in April. I just had my DD9 read your post and she's so excited, although she'll be sharing the room with her brother 4yrs old. Do you think they'll be cramped or will it be just right? I'm so excited...if you don't mind me asking:

What did you're daughter think of the pools? What did you think of the breakfast they offer?

How was the drive from/to the airport if you flew into Orlando?

sorry for asking so many questions, I just haven't seen a recent post about HIFS lately...

thank you in advance!:)

Lori

Hi Lorene3!
So glad to see that you were happy w/ HIFS! We're staying there 12/20 to 12/27 and I've gotten really apprehensive lately; there have been alot of negative posts about this resort!
But it looks as though there have been some good experiences there in the last few weeks.
We have 2 yo twins and an 11yo and the HIFS seemed to be the best setup for us. We were originally booked at the PO Riverside in 2 Rooms - there are 3 adults & 3 kids total so we needed 2 rooms. I was able to get all of us in HIFS plus rent a minivan for the week, the total for both was less than the price of 1 room at PO!!!!! Believe it or not, my S-I-L wants to sleep on a sofa bed! Why, I don't know...
Anyhow, welcome back. And thanks - your post made me feel better!

Can you please tell me which HIFS this was? I know there is Sunspree,Niki Bird and others. Is this the only one called Holiday Inn Family Suites. From my research I think the negative responses are on certain Holiday Inns. Thanks for your help!

dutton: I believe we are all talking about the Holiday Inn Family Suites resort (HIFS)...I think the others would have been mentioned by those names (Sunspree, Nicki Bird). HIFS seems to be the most popular and newest I believe. We'll be at HIFS in April - 2 close friends and their families had a wonderful time there just recently.

go to www.hifamilysuites.com for more info on this place....I just replied to your post about location of this resort also. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter