Just Back from RPR -- King Suite

antmaril

DIS Veteran
We just got back a couple of hours ago from our four day trip to RPR.

We arrived on Monday at 12:30 p.m. It was me, my 17 year old son and his 16 year old girlfriend. My son's gf flew for the first time on Monday and did not enjoy it one bit. She was not feeling at all well by the time we arrived at RPR and I was really hoping our room would be ready. I am Loews Gold and hoped that would help. We had a king suite reserved and was told that it was not ready. I explained that the girl was ill and needed to lie down. She said she was sorry the hotel is booked solid. I left the desk and walked around a few minutes. I then went back to the desk and asked them to please look again - this girl needs to lie down. Roberto overheard our conversation and took over. In about five minutes he found a king suite for us and I was very relieved and grateful.

The king suite was nice. It had a sitting room with a sofabed, desk, chairs and tv with dvd player. The bedroom had a king sized bed and another tv. There was one bathroom. It was perfect for my needs, but it wasn't really worth $299 per night. If I could have received some kind of discount on the room, it would have been fine. Unfortunately, I had to pay rack rate.

Later that day, a nice bottle of red wine was delivered and they also brought cookies and milk. Also a card for Colleen from the desk clerk hoping she was feeling better.

We had a good time. Colleen was never up to par the entire trip, but we still managed to have a good time. The weather was cool, but sunny. I will take this any day over the heat of the summer!

If anyone has a questions, I will try to answer!

It's great to hear that you all got back safely and had a good time. That's such a bummer that Colleen didn't feel well. :( That's really nice that Roberto was able to hook you guys up with a room and the get well card for Colleen was a really nice touch. I surprisingly don't have any questions at the moment but just wanted to welcome you all back. :D

Welcome back how did un find the service at the hotel overall
:jester:

\Service was very good. Employees are very friendly and we were very pleased. I'm glad I pushed the front desk on checking in early. Sometimes you just have to keep at them. I know that a room had been assigned to me and that room wasn't ready. However, I knew there had to be one king suite in that hotel that was ready - it just wasn't my room. They had to move a few things around, but it can happen - I knew that. You have to deal with someone who has the power and/or knowledge to do it.

The room was in good shape. Housekeeping did a nice job - our room was cleaned early in the day - which I like.

It was nice to have the living room area to watch tv or read.

All in all it was a good trip. It would have been better if my son's girlfriend was feeling better, but we still had a good time. She had a sore throat and cough which resulted in an earache Thursday night (we had to fly yesterday). I went to Walgreen's on International Drive and got some advice from the pharmacist.

Now, I'm glad were home and her mother is in charge rather than me!!!

Was the pull-out couch in living area a double or a queen? Are four people allowed in that room?

I would say the pullout sofa was a double. It might have been a queen, but I'm not sure. I would think four people would be allowed in the room.

Yes, it would be a great upgrade. I never get upgraded because I'm always there at a popular time. I need to go when it's deserted!!!

The king suite sounds great! I had asked about one when I made the ressie for this July but couldn't be guaranteed that the room would still be on club level. We would have club access from a different floor. My kids say they'd rather go with the 2 qn. bed room as long as they were on the 7th floor. Oh well, I might ask at check-in just to see. July is one of the busy times too though.

Yes, even if your room is not ready you can check in and they have a luggage holding area. We had to retrieve something from our luggage after they checked it into the holding area....no problem at all. You are given a card w/ hotel number to call later to check on your room. That saves you from leaving the parks too early and finding your room not ready yet. You'll still get your fotl keys to use as soon as you check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter