Just Back from DVC's!!!

Paul in CT

DIS Veteran
We just returned from 8 nights at DVC's. 2 nights at VB, 3 at BWV and 3 at VWL (8/8/01-8/16/01). We were lucky that the whole family was able to go, my wife, son (22) and daughter (19). We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and my son's graduation from college. Our son joined us at WDW so we had an Inn room at VB and a 1 BR at BWV and VWL.

At VB we got the ocean view requested and a view of the pool. We were right over it on the 4th floor. We also got a requested BW view. Our room was 2001, right over the DVC reception center. I made no special request at VWL except for non-smoking and we got a room on the top floor (5th) with a view of the walkway to the bus stop.

My "kids" made full use of the Health Clubs at each of the facilities and found them a nice perk of the DVC. Also, we did not get charged for valet parking at BWV. We didn't find it necessary at VWL. A minor point but local calls are no longer free for members. They are now $.35 for members. I assume they are $.70 for non-members.

BWV was nice from the standpoint of being able to walk to both EPCOT and MGM. At VWL we liked the Lodge and the convenient Roaring Forks snack bar with its refillable mug. The quiet pools at both are excellent. The bus transportation at VWL suffers from sharing with several other resorts. There's a boat to the MK, but the busses to the MGM stop at the Polynesian, GF and BB on the way. VWL was the first stop on the return.

There were many highlights, but the best was our anniversary dinner at Artist Point. I mentioned when I made the PS that it was our 25th Anniversary and they gave us one of the best tables in the house, in the corner by a window overlooking the waterfall. Later, after dessert our server brought over a small chocolate cake with "Happy 25th" and two "crossed" candles. It was delicious!! Nature was also obliging. While we enjoying dinner, a Florida downpour hit while the sun was out resulting in a complete rainbow. If only I had brought the camera! :(

We also managed a table by the lagoon at R&C for Illuminations on our last night. The food was great and the view of Illuminations even better, the best we have ever had.

The only negative was the hot and humid weather. The heat index was over 100 during the middle days of the vacation, but we "did" the parks in the AM and in the evening while taking it easy in the afternoons. We have been several times in August, but this one was the HOTTEST or maybe we're just getting older. :)

All in all it was an excellent vacation thanks to DVC. We had such a great time that my wife and I are thinking of using some more points for a few nights in December when it's cooler. :D

So glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation with the entire family! Congratulations on your 25th.... we also celebrated our 25th at OKW, spending the day in EPCOT with our bride/groom ears! Didn't we talk about your trip earlier in the year? ! December is fabulous - definitely try to get down then!:earsgirl: :wave:

Happy Anniversary! Glad to hear you had a great trip.

Gail,

You are correct. You gave me that great suggestion about the bride/groom ears, but I didn't think that my DW would wear them. (To be honest, I probably could not have pulled it off either.) I was correct (or so she said). I got her a silver bracelet instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter