Just back from 9 days at HIFS - LOVED IT! Any questions?

lmmmdtmlem

Mouseketeer
Just back Tuesday from nine wonderful days at Hifs. The ho tel was wonderful! We had a kidsuite and I was a little concerned that we would be extremely cramped from some posts I had read. We had seven people and were just fine! We really only slept there. Sure, it was a little cramped, but I'd rather spend our money at the parks. We spent $89 per night for five of the days and took advantage of the BOGO for four nights and ended up spending about $65 per night those four nights. We just made sure that we staggered baths and showers. The bathroom is large enough that someone can be in the shower while someone else is doing makeup, hair, etc. at the sink. Also, the master bedroom has a mirror and vanity with hair dryer. We will be returning there next time we go! The staff was also very friendly and housekeeping always made sure we had plenty of towels and washcloths. If anyone has any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

glad to here you enjoyed your stay...we arrive this tuesday...my spirits are soaring from this positive feedback on hifs. what section were you staying in? near the zero depth pool? what area do you recommend? was is crowded ?can't wait to get there. also how were the shuttles? we have a car too! thanks

We stayed in Building 9. The pool was just around the corner. Probably, the closest to the pool is building 8 but we were not far at all. We were on the first floor which was great because we didn't have to take the elevator with all of our luggage. We just parked right in front of our door all of the time. My father was with us and he has trouble walking and bldg. 9 was nice and close to the lobby and the restaurant where the breakfast is. By the way, the free breakfast was great! Not a whole lot of variety, but plenty of food! Eggs everyday, somedays pancakes and somedays French toast. Always some sort of potato like hash browns and one meat, either sausage, bacon, or ham. Lots of muffins, rolls, toast, and donuts too. Also a nice variety of fresh fruit to chose from. Tons of different things to drink too from soda and water to milk, white and chocolate, coffee, tea, juices, etc. We usually tried to fill up pretty m uch on breakfast then just snacked for lunch and had a nice dinner at a nice restaurant.

As far as crowds, it wasn't bad at all. It's best to go to breakfast before 9 a.m. to avoid the crowds but they always had three different buffet lines open so there was very little wait even if there was a line. As far as the parks, the longest we probably waited was 15 minutes or so to get onto any of the rides in all four parks. Some of them you could get off of and get right back on again with no wait! It was great! Just remember your rain ponchos even if it is bright and sunny in the morning when you leave. We learned this the hard way our first day there. The forecast was for sunny all day but around noon it started to pour and continued to shower until we finally had to leave the parks because we were absolutely drenched!

We never used the shuttles. We rented a van. We didn't like the rigidity of the shuttles - having to be ready to come and go on their schedule. They looked pretty full too - lots of people standing. You'll be glad you have a car.

Hope this helps. Any more questions, just ask.

We are arriving at HIFS this Tuesday as well...could you answer a few questions? Did you take pool towels for the kids or do they have some there? Is there a laundry room...I'm trying to convince my family that they don't have to pack everything they own LOL. We are renting a car from the airport, how did you find it for finding HIFS and parking there? Appreciate any help, we've never been to Florida before and will have 14 days there. DD, DM, 15 yr old DD & 12 yr old DD. Thanks. Liz

As far as the beach towels go, they have a huge cart there with plenty of towels by the pool. It was always very well stocked. We even borrowed some from there if we needed an extra one for the room or to take along to the park if we got wet there.

They do have a laundry room - in fact, I think there are three different ones, one on the 5th floor, one on the 6th and one on the first floor. The one I used on the fifth floor had about six washers and maybe ten dryers. I think it was $1.50 per load of wash and $1.00 per dryer load. They are pretty good sized machines. They also have detergent, etc. there for sale but I took my own - just premeasured some powder and put it into ziploc bags.

HIFS is about 12 miles from the airport. If you have one of their brochures, it give you directions on how to get there. If not, let me know, and I'll email you our directions. Parking is very easy at the hotel. You can park right outside the lobby to check in and then drive to your building and park right in front of it.

Oh, and if you or anyone in your family is a big coffee, tea, soda, or juice drinker, be sure to buy one of the refillable mugs. You get them in the store in the lobby. I think they cost $6.99 and you can refill them for free during your entire stay any time of the day or night - until about 11 p.m. They can be refilled in the restaurant or in the store. If you buy a cup of coffee or soda, each one costs $1.99 - so it is a substantial savings!

Be sure to check out the karaoke in the evenings - usually starts around 8 p.m. Our 12 year old dd just loved it! The DJ is great and lots of kids participated in it as well as a few adults. Our 7 year old ds even tried it the last night there and loved it! They have free popcorn too during the karaoke. There is also bingo some evenings and a clown was there a few times - great for our 4 year old dd.

Hope this info. can help you. Any more questions, let me know.

Julie

Julie,

Thanks for answering my questions. We do have a brochure from the hotel so we should be able to find it. Glad to hear about the towels, one less thing to pack. I have been up since 5 this morning going over everything...we drive to Spokane, Wash. tomorrow and fly out early Tues. morning. Our 12 year old hasn't been able to sleep for a week. This is only our 2nd holiday in 16 years (we took the girls to Disneyland 4 years ago) so everyone is really looking forward to it. One more question for you if you don't mind...did you wear shorts most of the time or did you need warm clothes at all? There is snow on the ground here so its hard to pack for warm weather. My husband thinks he might need his fleece jacket and winter gloves! We were each going to take a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt just in case and I have the cheap rain poncho's from Wal-Mart. Thanks for the tip about the refillable mugs...I drink a lot of coffee. Did you go to other places than WDW? We have 7-day Park-hopper, Universal, Islands of Adventure & Busch Gardens passes. The kids also want to go to Ripley's and the Science Centre. I think the time will fly by.

Thanks again for your help!

Liz

We wore shorts most days but in the evening usually changed to long pants. Temps. during the day were usually in the mid seventies and it dropped to about sixty during the night. I've heard that temperatures really fluctuate a lot there at this time of the year. I would definitely have everyone pack some kind of a jacket though - we did wear them quite a bit in the evening - especially the kids.

Other than the four Disney parks, we also went to Blizzard Beach with the two older kids and they absolutely loved it! In fact, they liked it as much as they liked the Magic Kingdom. We also did Universal for one day and wished we would have planned for two days there. We didn't try Islands of Adventure - my kids go more for the tamer rides.

Time did fly so quickly. We were there for nine days and could certainly have used at least five more! I'm sure you'll have a great time! If I can help you with anything else, just let me know! Have fun!

Julie

I am glad i found this post .. I am leaving in 5 days for an 8 night stay at HIFS... !! You have given great information... You had 7 in your room?? we should have no problems with 5 the
( me , my mom, my sister and my 2 kids ) did you find the pool area to be crowded at all.. ?
and did you use the Kids eat Free ? just wondering how that worked for you if you did..
thanks again for the great post.. Michelle

With seven of us, the only time we were crowded was when the pull-out sofa was out. Because w hen it's pulled out, you can't get through the living room or to the front door. The bottom bunk bed is actually quite comfortable for an adult too. I spent several nights on it because my youngest dd fell out of the kids pullout onto the floor one evening and ended up sleeping with dh on the pullout couch several times. The pullout in the kids room is definitely for a child though - preferably a small child at that.

When we used the pool it wasn't at all crowded. We used it one time in the middle of the afternoon and one other time late in the evening - about 9:00 p.m. It was usually most crowded in the late evening - probably because most people were at the parks during the day. But it certainly wasn't overcrowded. Lots of space to move around and play. If it is cool, the whirlpools are great too. The pool water is also heated.

We did use the kids eat free a couple of times. Of course, we all ate the free breakfast every morning. Our first day there, we had the lunch buffet in the dining room and the kids ate free for it. It was a pretty good deal - I think the adult meals were $7.95 and the kids ate free. We also had the kids pizzas a couple of times. As long as someone ordered a combo, the kids could all have free personal pan pizzas, hamburgers, cheeseburgers, or grilled cheese. This is only until 5pm though. The dining room is open in the evening but we heard that the buffet is a little overpriced for the adults - I think it was $13.95 for the adults. We never did that one. I think the lunch deal with the pizzas is the best deal, but most people aren't there during lunch hours. Maybe that's why they do it then!

Glad to be of help. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Julie

Thanks for the response... I am glad you loved it.. I have seen far more positive post about HIFS then negitative ones so i think we will be fine.. My 8 yr old daughter can't wait to do karaoke !! and my 5 yr old son will love the zero depth entry to the pool ( he fell in an above ground is wont go into anything where he can't touch now.. but he isn't afraid of the water just not touching.. go figure.. LOL kids ) Thanks again... Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter