• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just a small tip

Joyfulsnuff

<font color=purple>Asks a lot of silly questions h
I've been coming up with things I can do now before our September trip. A day or two before leaving I always make my trip to the store for all of our snacks, drinks and all the other odds and ends of things we all the sudden need just to go on vacation (isnt it funny how these things always creep up on us the day before leaving) well needless to say, I can spend a small fortune just when I dont need to, so I am buying Wal-Mart gift cards ($10.00 or $20.00) when I can to use on that last minute shopping trip. I figure when that time comes I'm really going thank myself!

We do that as well. Only, we have a seperate change jar marked "last minute expenses." Whenever we had a free $1, $5 or any change, we'd put it in that jar, and all of our change went in to our vacation fund. That extra money comes in handy when you're buying snacks, sunscreen, film and other last minute expenses.

What a great idea :)
I learned this the hard way too, after all my trips to Vegas and my first trip last year to WDW. This time, for about the past four months or so, I've been buying the "last minute items" little by little, and stashing them in my trip bag. Every time we go to Target, the mall, once a quarter or so shopping trips with my mom, I buy a few things and put them away. All I've got left is the rest of the food items-- I think I might have to start doing that with Kroger cards.
Another thing I did this year was tell people to buy me Disney Dollars for gifts. Got $50 in DD for watching my Aunt's dogs a few months ago :D :D :D into the change jar it went!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter