**June 2024 Check-in**

I think that you were referring to my post. We arrive early Monday 6/17 and will be driving back home on Thursday morning. Staying for three nights at the Disneyland hotel. Decided to change it up and pass on the GCH for various reasons. Heading to Pride Nite on Tuesday the 18th. Had a blast there last year and it’s nice to not have a crazy crowded atmosphere.
Do you want me to include check-out day so 17th-20th? Or just your nights of 17th-19th?

We also arrive on the 17th. We aren't going to the event on the 18th but we will be in the park that day. If you see a chubby 43 year old woman wearing a blue "Free Moms Hugs" shirt...it just might be me! 😁

I'll be there this weekend and the weather on Saturday gets a little hot but Sunday and Monday are looking perfect

Heads up I just got back from the parks

Saturday was Fair on crowds and Sunday was I would say Light or low...but Monday yeah it was busy as heck

So just heads up Mondays do seem to be the worst day to go now, which I've heard from a while but saw for myself
Sunday was also Father's Day. We were there and it was unusually light.

We were there this weekend too, and yes, Father's Day was great. Single rider was especially amazing--we practically walked onto Space Mountain, Smugglers Run, Radiator Springs Racers, Grizzly River Rapids, and Incredicoaster from the single rider lines. (My daughter rode Incredicoaster 5 times!) Late Sunday night in Disneyland was especially quiet, as many people have commented on this forum before. I also recommend watching the fireworks from Galaxy's Edge if you're a Star Wars fan.

We are leaving now and I’m very sad but we made lots of great memories. We ended up going to Pride Nite last night and I’ve never been to anything but Oogie Boogie but it definitely felt busy but I think that’s just the nature of the park being smaller. We only did what was offered for the event, not rides but it was great. If you go to Pride Thursday, check out the show by small world. Some familiar faces from around the park and the singing is really good. ☺️

Some highlights:
-trying both the current daytime beignets and the pride nite beignets
-my friend finally getting to see Fantasmic for the first time since 2007
-making random friends while waiting for Fantasmic and flag retreat (everyone at Disneyland loves to talk to you whether it’s CM or guests and it’s SO nice, genuinely some of our favorite memories are with strangers and things that would probably never have happened in Florida)
-getting to see the Dr. Strange show a few more times
-getting to see lots of Dapper Dan sets, specifically their Pixar medley for PixarFest
-we caught Joe at Pixar Place and tried for Bing Bong but he only did two sets today. Between Joe saying poignant things about life and the piano player at Grand Cal playing one of my favorite songs from Wondrous Journeys, I was feeling all the feels on our way out.

We definitely noticed more crowds on Monday as we tried to move around but we’ve noticed Mondays to usually be the worst day over the course of our trips.

We start traveling to tomorrow for our trip with grandsons! Thanks for the latest crowd level reports from those who were just there. Unfortunately will be there on a Monday and Tuesday so I am bracing my self. Good news is that our tickets showed up today! Fantasmic and parade packages are booked. Bags are packed. Flights are looking good. Making strawberry jam today with a different set of grandsons so it is sweet times ahead on several accounts.

Any updates on the new security entrance into DTD from the Disneyland Hotel?

We arrived home today after arriving on Monday. Monday and Tuesday were very busy and it got busy very quickly. We always duck out at lunch and go back to the hotel to nap. Yesterday we went to DCA. Again very busy. The weather was perfect. Just busy.

We arrived home today after arriving on Monday. Monday and Tuesday were very busy and it got busy very quickly. We always duck out at lunch and go back to the hotel to nap. Yesterday we went to DCA. Again very busy. The weather was perfect. Just busy.
I hope you had fun anyway! Packing now and we leave Saturday and return Wednesday. The crowd reports are making me a bit nervous. It is my first trip to Disneyland so I won't know any different! :-)

We did enjoy our visit. We have been many times (Magic Key) and we don’t stress with long wait times. We simply skip and do something else. Enjoy your trip.

I hope you had fun anyway! Packing now and we leave Saturday and return Wednesday. The crowd reports are making me a bit nervous. It is my first trip to Disneyland so I won't know any different! :-)

We just got home today! Sad our Disney vacation is over but we had a GREAT 1st visit to DL! It was so fun to experience everything new and different after our many WDW visits! And we LOVED the GC!

Definitely agree that the parks were BUSY. I think I wasn't prepared for how crowded they actually were. We were in the parks Tue/Wed/Thurs of this week (T/TH were Pride nites). I felt like everything was slammed by 10am. Genie+ sold out for a few rides in the afternoon/early evening (or the return time was way too late for my crew) and that surprised me bc I was expecting not to have any rides sell out. Also RIse was down for a good chunk of the day yesterday. We had bought ILL for it and kept waiting for it to come back up. We finally had to park hop to CA and it was still down, but a very nice cast member gave us a refund.

We did the Rancho Fantasmic package and loved the food, FYI. I was super pleased with that.

Churros amazing!

My daughter did BBB for the 1st time and it was truly magical!

And Radiator Springs is just the most fun ride ever. For sure my favorite!

All in all, despite the crowds, we LOVED DL and had a great trip! We will be back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter