June 2010 Vacation with the In-Laws

DisneyHardin

DIS Veteran

This is my first pre-trip report that will hopefully be following by my first post trip report once we arrive home.

Background info:
My husband I got married 2 years ago in July and didn't go on a honeymoon because he had to go right back to work. Then last year we spent our 1 year anniversary on vacation with my parents, siblings, etc at the beach. We decided then we were going to do a really nice vacation this year to Disney. One night at dinner we were telling his parents what we were planning and they asked if they could go. So, we are spending our belated honeymoon at Disney with DH's parents.

Characters:
Me - Joy, 31 year old School Librarian
DH - Jake, 32 year old Sheriff's Deputy
MIL - Carmen, 50 something college professor
FIL - Doug, 50 something retired nurse

Trip Info:
June 21-26 in a Garden Wing room at the Contemporary. We have requested King rooms that are either adjoining or very near each other. We booked during the giftcard promotion, so we paid rack rate but got a $750 gift card per room. After I booked I got a 40% PIN, but after doing the math I decided the PIN was a little bit better savings, but the "free" $750 would allow us to have more of a "dream" vacation. If we were paying "real" money for all our purchases we would be much more frugal than using the "free" money.

We did the regular dining plan. For me, DH and FIL we will get our money's worth out of the plan. MIL eats like an anorexic bird, so she will not get her money's worth, but we decided it was worth it to just go ahead and do it so we could basically pre-pay for our entire vacation (with the gift card it is even like we are pre-paying for our spending money)

Faces to go with names:
DH and I at Christmas.
068_001.JPG

MIL testing our the new camera she got for Christmas
037_006.JPG

FIL opening a toy for our niece
038_005.JPG

Sorry the pictures are so big, a hint on how to make them smaller would be great.

Don't want this to get to long, so I'll stop here and add more tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter