July 4th Fireworks Viewing

tink2007

DIS Veteran
First time seeing July 4th fireworks at MK. Not really interested in seeing the projections on the castle but more of the fireworks from inside MK.

The 4th of July fireworks are launched from all around the Seven Seas Lagoon, not just beside and behind MK. So I’d consider watching from the ferry dock at the TTC, which is pretty much a straight on view of the castle. They pipe in the music, and you’d have an amazing view of the spectacular 360° display.

That location also gives you a head start on the hordes leaving afterwards, if you’re parked at TTC or taking rideshare. To be honest, it’s not so good if taking the bus back to a Disney resort, because you’d have to ferry or monorail back to MK and be behind the crowds exiting MK. You could walk to Poly from there but would need to take the Resort monorail if traveling to GF or CR, and I’m not sure how that would be.

Is there an extravagant projection show on the castle for the 4th of July fireworks? I saw them last year so you'd think I'd remember...but seems to me they are the more "old school" type with some color projections on the castle but not the cartoon style projections of pictures (like HEA for example).

I was on the upper part of Main Street for them - showed up about an hour early - and it was fine there. You can't see the 360 from there though. Can you see the 360 from the Hub or where inside the park is it visible?

--->
Im considering fantasyland for the 3rd fireworks as I dunno if I can face the scrum on Main Street but not sure if I’ll miss much from there

Is there an extravagant projection show on the castle for the 4th of July fireworks? I saw them last year so you'd think I'd remember...but seems to me they are the more "old school" type with some color projections on the castle but not the cartoon style projections of pictures (like HEA for example).

I was on the upper part of Main Street for them - showed up about an hour early - and it was fine there. You can't see the 360 from there though. Can you see the 360 from the Hub or where inside the park is it visible?
The fireworks are shot off from the islands in the lagoon, so AFAIAA you can see the full 360° effect only from places like TTC and Poly beach, maybe sorta from GF.

We’ve watched from adventure land just before the you get to the AL sign and found a bench to sit and watch with our dole whips. I’d avoid MAin Street too!

I did not particularly enjoy this because apparently they do it in layers so there was fireworks in front of and behind me. So in order to see all of it I was on a constant swivel lol.
Yes, that is quite true but for a guest who does not want to be in front of the castle, the fireworks will be all around them from many locations or, blocked by trees. We once stood on a bridge in frontierland as we had been advised by others but so much was blocked by trees.

I did not particularly enjoy this because apparently they do it in layers so there was fireworks in front of and behind me. So in order to see all of it I was on a constant swivel lol.
Yeh I watched a video of it and I felt like I was getting dizzy the way they were going back and forth with the camera 🤣

When we were last @ Disney (was NOT 7/4), we were staying at the Contemporary and decided to watch the fireworks from that outdoor balcony on the opposite end of the floor where Chef Mickey's is located (think that is considered the 4th floor). Great viewing area and avoid all the crowds leaving after the show. Could not see any of the projections others talk about, but we mostly wanted to see the fireworks so that didn't matter to us. Thought I read somewhere on here that beach access at Poly is restricted to guests around the 4th due to large crowds. No idea if Contemporary has any similar restrictions.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest