July 4th at BLT

Meech Loves Mickey

DIS Veteran
Hello!
Much to my surprise, our waitlist for BLT for July 4th week came thru!!! I know the parks/resorts will be uber crowded that week, but we did not have a choice for our vacay week this year.

Is the Top of the World a blackout date on July 4th for everybody?? Or are those staying at BLT allowed up that night?

(Or is there some kind of ultra super exclusive dessert party or something up there on July 4??)

Thanks!

Hello!
Much to my surprise, our waitlist for BLT for July 4th week came thru!!! I know the parks/resorts will be uber crowded that week, but we did not have a choice for our vacay week this year.

Is the Top of the World a blackout date on July 4th for everybody?? Or are those staying at BLT allowed up that night?

(Or is there some kind of ultra super exclusive dessert party or something up there on July 4??)

Thanks!
No super exclusive party, just happy viewing for the DVC BLT people staying there on Membership points!

If DVC sponsors a party, for the past 2 years it has been on the third by the Contemporary Conference center, if my memory is correct.

Great! We are staying at BLT on membership points!!!

My next questions are:

Does anyone have experience being up there on July 4th?

What time should we plan on arriving?

Since it is only BLT guests, will it reach capacity?

Thanks!

Great! We are staying at BLT on membership points!!!

My next questions are:

Does anyone have experience being up there on July 4th?

What time should we plan on arriving?

Since it is only BLT guests, will it reach capacity?

Thanks!

Our experience is more often on December 30, and 31 and July 3. Blanket statement, we usually plan to get up 2 hours before on those restricted dates. It gets busier on the 4th and NYE than the others, and we actually did not have that good a view of fireworks one NYE.

Our experience is more often on December 30, and 31 and July 3. Blanket statement, we usually plan to get up 2 hours before on those restricted dates. It gets busier on the 4th and NYE than the others, and we actually did not have that good a view of fireworks one NYE.

Thanks for the info. Good to know about the 2 hours. I don't think that will work for us. I don't know how I would keep my kids entertained for that long. I think we will aim to see them on the 3rd. If we can find a spot on the 4th, great, but if not, we can always watch from the BLT bridge or parking lot.

Depending on what room view you booked, you may luck out and have a great view from your room! Some lake view units have a pretty good MK view; we lucked out with one of them once and hope to again tomorrow! But Top of the World is a great option as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter