July 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread, Hello Sunshine!☀️

Summer2018

DIS Veteran
July 2023 W.I.S.H. - Hello Sunshine!☀️

Welcome to the July 2023 W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) Thread!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals!

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format: MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY

July Schedule

July 3-9: Summer
July 10-16: Oneanne
July 17-23: TheOneWithTheTriplets
July 24-30: PollyannaMom

July 31-August 6: ShannyMcB

Last edited:
Happy July!!!

I'm Christine, a mom of three crazy 9 year olds and I just (finally!!!) finished chemo for Hodgkins Lymphoma.

My follow up scan isn't until 7/31, so I get to spend this month in the limbo of not knowing if treatment is behind me or if this is just a reprieve before I start something even more intense. UGH!

There's nothing I can do about the wait, so I'm taking the month to do my very best to make healthy food and activity choices. Even if I don't get the news I want, doing the best for myself now is going to set me up to start round two (please, please don't let there be a round two!) in the best possible shape.

I'm looking to lose about 6lb gained during chemo but more to get back to my pre-cancer activity levels in terms of running and cross training. That would mean three 5ks, a long run (at least 10k), and two cross trains a week. I think getting there in July would be pretty aggressive, but we'll see. This past week, I was able to manage four 5ks and one cross train, which I guess isn't that far off: I need to drop a rest day and double the length of my 4th run. That said, I'm completely wiped by the end of my 5ks and really needed the extra rest day this week, so both of those things are going to be seriously challenging.

I got: Bouquet pattern
Untitled.jpg

Screenshot_20230701_103218_Chrome.jpg

Shannon, 40, mom of 3 very energetic kids between 4 and 10.
Goal is regain tone and muscle I have lost over the last year. Between returning to the office and stress with losing my parents my excersize routine went bye bye. I need to find a routine that works in the summer that won't completely disappear when the school year begins and that I can do between work and after school actives.
Next week we have mini-vaca #1 so at least I'll be active for 2 days with that. Eating will be iffy but the walking should offset a good hunk of it.

I'm Summer...58 years old, married 30 years July 24th to my DH, 64. We have one DD, 25. I'm a veteran early childhood teacher in an inner city public school currently teaching kindergarten. I use MyFitnessPal working hard on my goal to become healthier and in better physical condition. My ultimate goal is to lose 60 more pounds. I have discovered that my post menopausal body will not allow me to lose more than one pound a week, maybe two if I’m lucky. I am working on accepting that and trying hard to be consistent and treat this as a forever lifestyle rather than a temporary fix.

1688225715497.png

Nicole, 52, living in Massachusetts with DH, DS(22) and several pets.

My main goal this month is to be more mindful of what I'm eating.

I wore something the other night that...let's just say, used to fit well. :rotfl: But my weight has been slowly creeping up lately, and since I really want to feel good in my clothes, a few pounds need to go.

I also plan to keep up with my regular walking goal in the exercise thread.

Hello I'm Lizanne, a single lady living in a lovely small town on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State.

My goals for July are:
... to drop 5 pounds
... to start working with a personal trainer two days a week
... to do at least one extra special summertime thing each week

The sky is clear and blue already today and at 10am it is already 60 degrees, so woohoo for that. I've been putzing around doing household chores because somehow everything I did before I left for the cruise needed to be immediately redone when I got home. Not sure how that happened since I wasn't even here... these cats have got to start pulling their own weight around here.

Cruise weight is slowly disappearing. If I had had the energy for more exercise last week I think I would already be back where I was when I left. I want to drop 10 pounds before my WDW trip in early September which means -5 pounds July and -5 pounds August, so I do need to stay focused. I'm going to reach out to the personal trainer this weekend and see if I can get going with her next week because I feel the need for a well organized and guided program.

I also signed up for a new calorie counting app called 'Lose It' that looks like it will give me more details on the balance and quality of the foods I'm eating, which will be helpful as I'm still getting too many carbs.

1688229991664.png

Last edited:
4E1DF702-D9BD-44B5-9907-9CD50EA7E1B0.jpeg
I am Danielle, wife, mother of 3 great kids (2 young adults and one almost 15 year old) and mom to a variety of animals. Living in central PA, working in a branch of HR for 21 years and spending spare time with family and volunteering for all things dog rescue related.

Goals for this month are:
-Move more
-Track everything
-Find a new food tracker as “My Plate” is going away July 9th….

The moving part is going well, for the first day of the month lol. As I sit here I have 8 miles and 19K steps on the ol’ Apple Watch-75% of that is from the SPCA this morning.

I did grocery pickups this afternoon for our picnic on Monday…now I just have to live with this fresh apple pie and vanilla ice cream in my house until dessert time on Monday!!

Everyone enjoy your Saturday evening!!

The air quality has gone down to yellow which is tolerable for me! I'm so excited to leave the house! I don't even care that it is a rainy day...it's probably the main reason the air is cleaner. Anyway, self-care for me is to go to the movies with DD. We're seeing "No Hard Feelings." Then we have to go to Target to pick up prescriptions, so I will get some steps in. (I haven't been able to walk on the treadmill because I have had trouble breathing even after using albuterol. Unfortunately, I can't have the A/C on because the smoke gets in the house which is contributing to my breathing issues). I'm feeling so much better now that I can breathe properly and we can have the A/C on again.

Yesterday I went to the u-pick farm and got a bundle of lavender, so I've got buy yourself flowers covered. I'm going to head over to Fort Flagler for a morning walk on the beach in a bit, so that'll satisfy soak up some sun. I'll also do some meditation today and drink more water. I was thinking my ADR window opened today, which would be plan a getaway, but it is not unlocked yet.

I'm feeling better but not back to 100%, so I was pleased with myself that I got the back yard mowed and the patio weed whacked yesterday, along with running some errands. When driving to the dump makes you happy, you know you live in the right place. The forecast for the next 10 days is full on summer so I really want to get going and full on enjoy it.

It turned out to be a great day. The movie was funny. I highly recommend it. The rainy day turned into a beautiful sunny day, and the air quality was okay. I still needed my albuterol, but I was able to swim and soak up some sunshine!:sunny: Tonight, I will be able to sleep comfortably in air conditioning.

During my weight loss journey, I have tended to focus on the negatives, what I must eliminate, my sacrifices.

If I focus on creating healthy habits, it’s a much more positive mindset. I can think about what I’m adding to my life that will make it better and even more enjoyable. In other areas of my life, I tend to be more positive, so it might not be that difficult.

This is a new concept for me, so I know that I might still worry about what I am missing, but I am excited to be more open minded see what happens next.

I am oh so motivated to reset healthy habits! I find, when establishing routines, I have to be very structured about them (no breaks, no cheats) or I let myself go completely off the rails.Once I'm in a groove, it's easier to grant myself flexibility.

I started my week with Sunday runday, here's hoping I can keep my activity up!

My motivation this week is to get moving again and start burning calories... reactivating that good healthy habit.

I had a good food day yesterday and was expecting to see the other cruise pound gone this morning, but nope it was still there, so I have two pounds to drop this week. I have acupuncture today so I'll ask him for some supportive needles to knockout the last of the congestion from the cold and help boost my energy. This is going to be a beautiful weather week and I want to have the energy to get out there after work and do some big fun things.

Love the Monday Motivation!!!

While I have developed healthy habits over the past 3 years I still struggle-not seeing the changes I want despite consistent strength and cardio training, the scale not moving for months on end…I try and focus on being healthy as the goal but I still get stuck in a rut sometimes of negative thinking.

We hosted a picnic today for our family and it was great. We had great weather which was lucky considering the humid, stormy, smoky weather we have had all weekend. It did storm really bad the second our oldest son left, but he was the last person to leave so we had a rain free day.

Today is the last time we will see those members of our family (with the exception of our sons) until we meet up at the beach for our big family vacation on July 16th…it felt weird to say “see you at the beach!!” The trip has snuck up in all of us this year, but we are all excited.

I hope everyone’s having a good weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter