Josh from easyWDW has passed away

This is so shocking to me! I noticed EasyWDW wasn't being updated (it used to be my favorite for touring plans/maps), and I wondered if all the changes at Disney just became too much for him to keep up with. It never occurred to me that he might have passed away. Now I see the site is gone completely. :( I always think of him when at WDW and I try to "count the smiles."

Had our first trip since Josh passed this week. Got a picture in my "Ten Dragons" shirt in front of Nine Dragons, and my daughter and I toasted him today at Nomad Lounge. I miss him and continue to hope he knew how much he meant to so many.

The original post in this thread includes a link from earlier this year with my tribute to Josh article, but I also wrote about him in this weekend's In Memoriam if anyone is interested: https://touringplans.com/blog/s6_in_memoriam2022/
Your thoughts here on Josh are spot on, Derek. Beautiful! Thanks so much for your additional writings and sharing here.
And I will have to read all of your Memoriam 2022 when I have a little more time to read all of it and savor what we have all lost.

A Happy and Healthy New Year, Derek, for you and your family.

Oh my goodness I just learned about his passing because I am planning a trip and I couldn't find his website. I am terribly heartbroken for his family's loss, as well as the larger Disney community! I send my love and prayers to his lady love. How tragic and senseless that good people leave us too soon.

Oh my goodness I just learned about his passing because I am planning a trip and I couldn't find his website. I am terribly heartbroken for his family's loss, as well as the larger Disney community! I send my love and prayers to his lady love. How tragic and senseless that good people leave us too soon.
I miss him very often. His site was always fun to read. My family was just talking about him yesterday. We loved his food festival write ups.

Leaving for our trip in a few days and started thinking about Josh. Really miss that snarky guy:) I really hope he knew how very much so many of us appreciated his sense of humor and unmatched insight on WDW. Rest in peace.

Just saw this link in Dan's signature so I wanted to leave a quick comment. I think of Josh often. We weren't super close, by any means. But we'd chat from time to time. Then I had such a long gap between WDW trips (2012 and didn't return until 2024) that we sort of lost touch. After I learned of his passing, I felt deep regret for not doing better to keep in touch. He was such a good guy. He was sarcastic and funny but he was also just a very kind and caring individual. He is greatly missed.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest