Jollywood Nights vs MVMCP

We do MVMCP every year, and tried JN last year. I would not return to JN unless there were significant changes made, it was pretty boring and poor value. Sure the stage show was good, but it didn't feel like there was really much else to do there besides that. Not a whole lot of Christmas lights to look at, or smaller activities to do. Also having a fireworks show at the end just be a recycled show from over a decade ago was lazy and didn't even fit the theming.

Chip and Dale in their Indy and Magnum customs is a good enough reason. Also Santa Duffy.

I am doing MVMCP and JHN back to back December 1 and 2. Very excited.

Should add I am also excited that I won't be attending the first nights of either Christmas event like I have for MNSSHP the last 2 years.

JN was great on opening night. It was a lot of Youtubers and bloggers, so they were mostly interested in covering the events. Which left SWGE virtually empty. There were only a few families walking around. We got to see everything up close, and not through a huge crowd. We went in Ogas with maybe 3 or 4 other people in there. We did SDD with a 15 minute wait. Walked on a few other rides. Enjoyed the 'snow' and decorations. My wife got to meet her favorite Disney Youtubers. Getting our party lanyards was super disorganized, but we got through it. I don't know if people are still super focused on the front of the park, but it was great for us that night. It was probably one of the most enjoyable WDW expiriences since before COVID. BUT, I will say that it wasn't because of the event itself.

I'm curious to know if SWGE is still pretty empty during the parties. But, in reality, MK is the only park that we always wish we had more time in, so we usually do MVMCP.

I just purchased out JN tickets yesterday. The reason I selected it over MVMCP is I am hoping there will be fewer kids (I am not opposed to kids FYI but won’t have any with me). My only must do’s are the shows and the Tower of Terror lounge. How dressed up have you done? I am thinking a sparkly holiday colored top and jeans with a nice jacket. Good enough? DH wants to wear a “suit” shirt. I figured If he is at least going who am I to complain.

How are the crowds at MVMCP? I have my ticket already bc I read reviews that there are fewer people in the park, but recently read somewhere else that wasn’t true.. ahhhh

How are the crowds at MVMCP? I have my ticket already bc I read reviews that there are fewer people in the park, but recently read somewhere else that wasn’t true.. ahhhh
I've been to both MNSSHP and MVMCP plenty of times. In my experience it *feels* crowded when you're walking around, but most of the rides are walk-on aside from the most popular ones, or ones with overlays (Space Mountain might get up to 30 mins, but usually not more). For the firework show you can walk up to the front of the castle 10 mins before it starts and have plenty of space around you. For the parade, if you want to be right on the front line, those spots fill up pretty fast, but they do the parade twice per night. I recommend you enjoy low wait times on rides during the first parade and plan on seeing the second parade, you won't waste as much time getting a spot early. Have fun!

I've been to both MNSSHP and MVMCP plenty of times. In my experience it *feels* crowded when you're walking around, but most of the rides are walk-on aside from the most popular ones, or ones with overlays (Space Mountain might get up to 30 mins, but usually not more). For the firework show you can walk up to the front of the castle 10 mins before it starts and have plenty of space around you. For the parade, if you want to be right on the front line, those spots fill up pretty fast, but they do the parade twice per night. I recommend you enjoy low wait times on rides during the first parade and plan on seeing the second parade, you won't waste as much time getting a spot early. Have fun!
Perfect description of our experience at MNSSHP in Aug of this year. Great advice!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest