January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Just got off the phone and was told that the Visa discount and the Fun-filled Escape are the same discount. The Visa let you gets rooms that may not be available with the other offer.

Do you have to ask for the visa discount?
I don't see it on the website.

Whoa, come back tand so many not getting the deal. I was one of the first to get thru this morning and I saved $800, so seeing all these no go is upsetting. A few tricks that I see here, but it could be my week the only other person I see going my week also saved.

My original resort was poly garden view, I booked a week or so ago. It was a handicap room. I had lots and lots of trouble booking it, when finally realized at every hotel I could not get availability for the room I wanted for all 8 days, so I broke it down and did 4 days and 4 days, every hotel opened up to me.

This morning I was the first one to say I got in and rebooked. At first I tried to rebook the whole vacation all in one, it showed no rooms. But again when. Broke it up to 4 days and 4 days, I got the same room with the same category. I did have to change from Poly to GF not happy but $800 will take care of my happiness. It was the room only offer. I got a $135 savings on the room gv at gf, or a $100 saving from the room I had at poly. I could not get handicap, but I am learning to live without that, I need hand rails only in tub and since Florida went to a new system of Florida Ada rooms I can nhardly ever get hand rails, because he whole room has changed and being blind, I can not deal with lower beds or toilets, I fell like I am falling if I have them. I I fall in a Disney shower, hopefully won't get hurt.

When I go in every 30 to 45 minutes in my week there is still lots of availability even in standard rooms. BC is the best deal $300 a night, WL is $374, AKL $369, GF is $437 and YC is $434, all available, but only when I do 4 days and 4 days, when I try for all 8 days, I get very higher prices and nothing in standard or garden views. So heads up, you may need to put two deposits down, and you may need to change rooms but probably not, I marked on reservations, I have two and I will tell them when I get there that I am staying 8 days and don't want to be moved, since they don't assign rooms till 3 days out, I should be okay, I will ask management to mark it and I have never had to move before when I ask, but that could be the big black labs puppy dog face steering at the cm and nothing to do with me, my guide dog has that adorable sad face and no cm would make her move! HaaHa.

Please keep us posted. I would like to take advantage of the PSD offer but have refreshed well over 50 times in the past few hours and zero availability at Pop. :( (I am locked into certain dates though so it could be my dates are just not available.)

After 50 minutes on hold the CM couldn't modify my reservation to add any of the promotions. It was showing no availability.

But why would it let me book the Fun Filled Escape if I am not Canadian?!?
Good question. So far you are the only person outside of Canada that I have heard speak of the 'Fun-Filled Escape' offer. When you go to the offer, does it have 'en_CA' anywhere in the address? If not, possibly this is not just for Canadians and others just have not mentioned it.

What is the address/link (URL) where you booked the 'Fun-Filled Escape' offer?

I don't understand the Disney Visa discount. I see that people are saving an additional 10% - is that off PSD or RO? I can't find any info on it on the Disney World promotions page or on the Disney Rewards page.

I believe Visa deal is room only. After adding the dining package and tickets, it was still cheaper than SPD for me.

Room only
I had room only WL originally booked, but could only get 10% gift of magic not Visa disc.
I switched to room only AKL pool view/bunk beds & got both discounts.

I’ve called asked specifically for visa discount.. called back asked for spd visa discount.. I have reservations but they say they cannot modify.. so crazy wish I was one of the lucky ones getting a deal today especially after two sleepless nights waiting for the discounts.. maybe in a week I’ll get lucky lol

That's cool. I got a big fat nothing for my stay at Pop. I'm not willing to pay more to stay at a moderate but get a discount (that still costs more than my full Pop package).

I modified (online) my CSR reservation this morning and got the Gift of Magic rate. I called a little while ago (waited 45 minutes on hold) to see if the Disney Visa discount could be applied to my reservation. The CM said it wasn't available for my standard room, but she could offer me a King room. Had to decline because I am traveling wth my adult son. So, I just kept the Gift of Magic discount. I might call back and try another CM.

New here and apologies if this has been stated already. But I am booked for 7 nights with QSD and I have 2 adults 3 kids in my party. When I go online it appears that the PSD is for 2 adults and 2 kids and 5 nights? So I am assuming this deal would not apply to me and I should save 60 mins of my life and get off the phone?

I haven't even been able to get ahold of them. Every time I try calling "All circuits are busy, please try your call again."

New here and apologies if this has been stated already. But I am booked for 7 nights with QSD and I have 2 adults 3 kids in my party. When I go online it appears that the PSD is for 2 adults and 2 kids and 5 nights? So I am assuming this deal would not apply to me and I should save 60 mins of my life and get off the phone?

No, it would apply to you too.

There are no rooms under any of the discounts for me for my dates and resort. Would I still be eligible for the Visa Discount or must there be availability under other discounts in order for it to apply?

That is just a 'sample family'. If there is availability you can apply this offer to your current reservation or book a new one. Finding availability seems to be the biggest challenge today.

So someone please tell me if this is worthwhile because I think it would be a headache to do, but if it will work I'll do it.

I want to stay at Pop Jan 28-Feb 3, dates are set, can't change them.
If I can get PSD for a shorter stay, say Jan 28-Feb 1 I would get 4 days worth of dining plan discounted, correct? It's not 6 days, but it's still some savings. Then I could book another 2 nights room only so long as I buy 6 days worth of park admission with the SPD plan? Would this all work? Dining is based on nights on site in the package vs number of days on the ticket? Is a split stay at the same resort a pain in the butt?

No dicount for me. Had Poly Garden View Club Level. I would have had to upgrade to a Cl Lagoon or Tp for discount.

From the posts here it sounds like Disney found a good way to upsell their rooms instead of just offering discounts.

We have reservations for the Poly Garden View club level as well and our Travel Agent wasn't able to find us a discount either. It's disappointing. She was able to find a considerable discount for GF Club level standard room, but we didn't want to switch from the Poly.

Please keep us posted. I would like to take advantage of the PSD offer but have refreshed well over 50 times in the past few hours and zero availability at Pop. :( (I am locked into certain dates though so it could be my dates are just not available.)

Same problem here... My travel dates are from 1/29 to 2/4 at Pop and there's no availability (neither room discount or PSD). Thinking on upgrading to a moderate resort...

I'm seeing the rack rate and the room only discount rate at POR are the same price for my dates! POR is supposed to be eligible, so I don't understand why?? Anyone else?

For the first time ever, I had two CM's who didn't understand all of the combos of discounts and couldn't tell me anything other than I had to book a royal room to get a discount and that I got a whopping large one at GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter