January 2024 W.I.S.H. Thread - Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

Summer2018

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the January 2024 W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) Thread!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:
MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY

Host schedule:
January 1-7: Summer

January 8-14: PAFab5
January 15-21: PollyannaMom
January 22-28: Oneanne

January 29-February 4: ShannyMcB

Last edited:
🎉🍾🥂HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!🥂🍾🎉

Yesterday we started taking down the trees and decorations. It used to be a one day process, but it has morphed into a two day deal. For background entertainment, I finally explored Disney+...

(We had DISH up until July when we yet again had issues with our receiver. It was a several months long and arduous journey trying to cancel and finally break free from DISH which only offered Prime and Netflix but not Disney+ which was very frustrating. We are finally disconnected free and clear, and now enjoy HULU and Disney+ along with Prime and Netflix!!!)

Anyway, I found a program on Disney+ that is truly interesting called, "Behind the Attraction." It's such a cool show. So yesterday and today, we worked and watched the show taking lots of breaks when the attraction was something that was really engrossing. If you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend it.

Anyway, I found a program on Disney+ that is truly interesting called, "Behind the Attraction." It's such a cool show. So yesterday and today, we worked and watched the show taking lots of breaks when the attraction was something that was really engrossing. If you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend it.
One of our with dinner shows! Even though the kids are on the younger side they are interested in ride mechanics and the design process.

🎉🍾🥂HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!🥂🍾🎉

Yesterday we started taking down the trees and decorations. It used to be a one day process, but it has morphed into a two day deal. For background entertainment, I finally explored Disney+...

(We had DISH up until July when we yet again had issues with our receiver. It was a several months long and arduous journey trying to cancel and finally break free from DISH which only offered Prime and Netflix but not Disney+ which was very frustrating. We are finally disconnected free and clear, and now enjoy HULU and Disney+ along with Prime and Netflix!!!)

Yes, I've watched it and also enjoyed it. The documentary on making Frozen 2 is also excellent.

1704135519841.png

And here we are... on the threshold of January and 2024!

My healthy living goals for January are:
* Lose 5 pounds
* Get outside with intention everyday... meaning walking from the car to the grocery store doesn't count, but walking around the block does.
* Read at least one book

Christmas is down and packed, the totes will go out to the shed a little later today and then it will officially be done-done. Once again it came and went so quickly and even tho I did better with doing festive things, not just shopping, I'm left with a sense of dissatisfaction. And once again this is because of the lack of people in my life.

So... my word for 2024 is

1704136047856.png

Friendship love, romantic love, self love... all of it!

Anyway, I found a program on Disney+ that is truly interesting called, "Behind the Attraction." It's such a cool show.
I love that show too!

Goals for January
keep exercising
up my decluttering efforts
learn two vegetarian recipes this month

Progress Today
keep exercising ☑️ - went on a 2-mile hike (this one)
do better about decluttering ☑️ - bag of books to donate to library sale

4 really hits me...they all do but that one mostly. Kindness to others and myself.

And friendly reminder with it being new years and how advertising is...join a gym if you WANT to...not because every commercial break for the last 3 days has made you feel like you HAVE to.

What a nice assortment! I'll claim number three as my top choice as my journey is all about becoming myself.

I think it is human nature to use the (completely arbitrary) dates on the calendar - beginning of the week, first day of the month, first day of the new year - as inflection points to clean the slate and start over/start anew. But I've become hyper sensitive to what ShannyMcB has called out... the commercialization of it all. The intentional onslaught meant to tear us down so we'll buy a solution to fix ourselves. This morning I saw a meme with a warning that the season of the "planner/organizer that will change your life" has begun, and thought, yep it's that time of year. So grateful to have gained the perspective to not get sucked in this time.

I'm a day behind, but the quotes that put forth what I've been feeling are #2 and #5.

#2 - I do believe that what we put in is what we get back. I used to tell my kids garbage in, garbage out. I was mostly talking to them about what they watch on tv, how they talk, etc - but I think it goes with about every aspect of our lives - especially with what we eat and our mobility.

#5 - I also love that starting today, we are writing the rest of our lives - you can't forgot where you've been, but it doesn't have to define where you're going. Just last night I was thinking about how I so wish I wouldn't have been so heavy while my kids were growing up and wish I would have done this sooner. I can't change that, but going forward, I can improve where I'm headed!

Woohoo... I get my Juvederm filler touched up today! It should have been done about four months ago, so it is going to make a noticeable difference.

Woohoo... one of the gals in the 'Wheel of the Year' class has put together a couple gatherings. One is to meet up this evening at one of the local vineries for music/dancing. I don't dance so that part has me a bit freaked out, but depending on when I get back from my filler appt and how I feel, I may go. The other is a dinner get-together next Monday and that one I will for sure go to. So maybe my posse of friends is forming?

Woohoo... the retreat organizer sent out an email yesterday about getting ready for Morocco... is it really just six weeks away already?

WooHoo Wednesday! WooHoo that we have the house all cleaned from Christmas. I love the decorations, but the house feels so good when they are put away for the year. It's a big job and I'm glad that it's done!
I'm not done yet, but I've made a lot of progress, and I totally agree with you! That sense of space in January is awesome.

Hi Friends! If anyone wants to take the last week of January/February for hosting I can take your week! I am on vacation with my kids that week so I can’t host but I am good any other week!!

I hosted 20 folks New Year’s Day and after just hosting Christmas I was pretty wiped, so have not gotten much done besides cleaning, cooking and Christmas decoration take down! It’s all done now and I am so happy to have all the Holiday memories and ready for 2024!

Whooohoooo Wednesday I have been eating well, getting water in and walking for the past 2 days, so that’s a start! I am at my appointment now to get my stiches out so hopefully I am cleared to get back to exercising!

Happy 2024!

I can switch with you @PAsFab5.
Woowhoo my awesome dreams agent got us a discount (not the one listed on the site) and we now have a better room at a cheaper price for vacation.
Woowhoo the dentist was willing to do DS11's next tooth extraction on a holiday so I don't have to take him out of school for it.
Woowhoo I managed a wee workout today. Gotta get vacation ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter