Jan 26 Magic Part 2 embarktion day (long)

funetics

Earning My Ears
We woke up bright and early and headed out into the airport to find a place to eat. (We had done air through disney, so spent the night at the Hyatt) As we walked out of the Hyatt, found a DCL cast member and found out to be in the lobby for 9:00am to get our bus assignment. I hurried us all through breakfast and got back to the lobby and we were on the Captain Mickey bus. Yeah the first bus to leave. Now from these boards I knew we wanted to sit at the front of the bus, so then I was on a mission. At 9:45 (about 15 minutes before the first bus was scheduled to leave) we headed over towards the check out counters. This put us in a prime location to get behind the cast member to go to the busses. This also put us on the bus first and we got front seats YEAH!!!! We met a great family (Hi Emily & Eric and boys:cool: ) who had been reading the boards and getting lots of useful info too. It was a very quick ride out to port and then there she was. The Magic was absolutely beautiful and my daughter was so excited to see Goofy hanging off of the ship. What an awesome site is all I can say!!! We got off the bus and headed for the check in counter.

At the checkin counter there was only 1 agent for non US citizens open and she definitely was chatting it up with the family in front of us. I then realized I was definitely anxious about getting on board the Magic. Finally (after it seemed like an hour)., about 2 minutes later another counter opened up and we got checked in (took about 2 minutes as all our paper work was in order) and turned over our passport, with the receipt in return. We quickly got in line to board and were about 20 families back from the mickey ears. We passed the time in line with a great family from the New York area who had 4 children. Finally it was time to board (about 12:15)and we all yelled how much we loved Tom.

We boarded the ship and went right to palo's. A cast member tried to convince me to wait until 1pm when they opened. They actually opened at approx 12:40 and we got all the reservations we wanted. YEAH again for mom and her planning. By this time DH was thanking me for the time I took to plan.

We went and had lunch at Topsiders--no line and the food was great.

Next off to explore the ship and find our room. We found our room and Clinton our room steward introduced himself, made sure we found the child size life jacket for our DD and to make sure to call if we needed anything. The baskets from theperfectgift.cc were waiting on the bed and our DD was very excited about hers. My DH was sheepish and was very thoroughly surprised Shirley. THANKS!!!! Next mission was the club and DD was sure to remind us about it.

We signed DD up for the club and got our pager. They were very insistent about asking DD when she wore pullups and she let them know in no uncertain terms she was "A big girl and I only wear them when I go to bed at night. I go pee-pee and poo in the potty." Well said and the counsellor got quite a charge out of her.

Off we went to the room to find a suitcase outside. I started organizing and within minutes all of the other luggage arrived too. Everything organized, we realized how much time had passed, got DD into her bathing suit, the camera and video recorder and bubbles and headed off to the DIS meet.

We met Timon (Rob & Cass) first and then mom to grace, jasonandgroup, ktharris, LisaTxUSA and SpaceCowboy. I hope I didn't miss anyone. Some of us stuck around and we set sail together. It was absolutely fabulous and we got to wave to all those on shore.

We headed to dinner and met our tablemates Don, Patty and Karen (14) . We ended up with LAP rotation and felt awkward with our 3 yr old, but Don and Patty quickly put us at ease. Our Servers were Marianna (head) and Gabriel (assistant) They were fantastic and did everything they could all week to make our meals fabulous.
By 6:45pm my daughter asked for the zillionth time if she could go to the club and finally when it opened at 7pm I took her right up. After we were done supper I wanted to check in on her and found her with a diaper on. I then found out that we hadn't heard our pager and DD had an accident. Great I thought! Gidgett the club manager was fantastic and I found out the rules and she was willling to work with us. No need however as DD never had another accident all week. I think DD was not far enough back on the toilet and got herself instead of the toilet as apparently there was some everywhere according to the counsellors.

Well off we went to get cleaned up and explore. Didn't do anything too exciting the rest of the night except figure out what we wanted to do the next day.

Next: The first two days at sea

Nicole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter