Jan 26 Magic Part 1--The Trip Down

funetics

Earning My Ears
I'm going to do this trip report in installments because with a three year old I don't have time to do more than one day at a time.

First off the players:
Me (Nicole)
DH (Tim)
DD (Alyssa-3)

We left Calgary Alberta on Jan 25 at 7:45 am (or were supposed to ) Everything with check in and customs was smooth and easy, no problems at all. DH and I took turns going to get coffee while the other supervised DD playing in the waiting area. They finally opened the gate area where we were departing from and my DD met two very nice little ones to play with. We boarded the plane without any problems and got into our seats. My DD's newly acquired friends were sitting across from us. We were hopeful this meant a good flight. However, we had just pulled back from the gate and started to de-ice as we had got a good amount of snow overnight, and the children's mom ran to the front of the plane. The long and short of it was she had a panic attack and all three got off the plane. It ended up delaying us almost 1 hr which panicked me as we only had 66 minutes between flights in Denver. The pilot was able to make up time in the air and we made our flight, just as they were finishing up boarding. The flight was uneventful to Orlando and DD3 slept. YEAH!!!!

We arrived in Orlando, checked into the Hyatt and got our rental car. In store for DD was a character meal with Pooh and friends, which she knew nothing about. She was so surprised and the dinner was fabulous! We had a lovely evening and returned the car and took the shuttle back to the airport. As we were getting ready for bed DH realized we had the key for the rental car:eek: He immediately went to return it and then we all hit the sack.

An eventful day and very long as we had to be up at 4 am to get to the airport for checkin and customs, but were all tired at bed time.

Next: Embarktion Day
Nicole

Nicole,

What a horrible way to start the trip! Poor woman, wonder what freaked her out so much??? Glad the second leg of your journey was less eventful :)

Looking forward to the rest of your report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter