Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Will the buses be running from Jambo to get us to Animal Kingdom for our 8am Tusker House reservation? Thank you
Yes indeed. Buses will start running approximately one hour before the park opens for Early Entry for resort guests (which is about 1 1/2 hours before posted opening time), and the ride is only about 10 minutes from Jambo to AK. I’d be out at the bus stop early, because a lot of other guests will be trying to get to the park along with you.

Where can I find a list of what savanna view rooms have walk- in showers verses tubs at Jambo. Thanks!
Not sure if it was just busy, but in August 2018 we had to take a king plus daybed to get a roll in shower, room 3234 (partial savanna). Daybed was absolutely not comfortable.

Can anyone confirm if eggs are being sold/available at Zawadi Marketplace?
I know in the past it has been an option but didn’t know with the shortage is they were still being offered. TIA

Last week, our first day there were no eggs, they had sold out. The next day, a shipment had come in and there were plenty. I guess it just depends!
Thank you.
I’m trying to figure out if it makes sense for me to place a grocery order or just take my chances to see what available.

Thank you.
I’m trying to figure out if it makes sense for me to place a grocery order or just take my chances to see what available.
I know I'm a pessimist, but if I were doing grocery delivery I would worry about the eggs making it to my hotel without breaking and making a mess of the other groceries in the bag. It seems like wherever I shop, they have people who appear to have a goal of seeing how many items they can cram into a grocery bag, with no thought about having the groceries arrive in one piece. I've had to stop people who were about to put something with frosting, like a package of cupcakes or a cake, on its side. I've had people put a loaf of bread on the bottom of the bag and a jar of peanut butter on top of it.

Just booked Jambo House for September 8-15 and I am so excited! It will be our first trip back to the magic since September 2019, and our first stay back at AKL since January 2019! We booked a standard view king room this time round - anyone know the odds of us receiving a partial savannah view with that room type?

I know I'm a pessimist, but if I were doing grocery delivery I would worry about the eggs making it to my hotel without breaking and making a mess of the other groceries in the bag. It seems like wherever I shop, they have people who appear to have a goal of seeing how many items they can cram into a grocery bag, with no thought about having the groceries arrive in one piece. I've had to stop people who were about to put something with frosting, like a package of cupcakes or a cake, on its side. I've had people put a loaf of bread on the bottom of the bag and a jar of peanut butter on top of it.
In the last 5 years we have gone to WDW some 15 times, 10 of those times we ordered food-always had eggs included. There has NEVER been an issue with broken eggs. Lately, with the price of food in the parks, we save big bucks by always taking lunch with us to the parks.

In the last 5 years we have gone to WDW some 15 times, 10 of those times we ordered food-always had eggs included. There has NEVER been an issue with broken eggs. Lately, with the price of food in the parks, we save big bucks by always taking lunch with us to the parks.
I haven't had eggs delivered, but I have had groceries delivered otherwise and they have been very decent about things.
The price of ordering drinks alone has saved us $$$$.

Hello,
Can any recent guests comment on bus transportation from AKL to parks, especially to arrive before park opening?
I am considering renting DVC studio and deciding between AKL and being on the Skyliner. Price between the two seems to be similar. We have two small children (2 & 5) and a double stroller. We plan to visit all 4 parks and might need mid-day breaks some days, so twice as much time in transit. I'm concerned about how much time we'll spend waiting for busses.
Thanks!!

Hello,
Can any recent guests comment on bus transportation from AKL to parks, especially to arrive before park opening?
I am considering renting DVC studio and deciding between AKL and being on the Skyliner. Price between the two seems to be similar. We have two small children (2 & 5) and a double stroller. We plan to visit all 4 parks and might need mid-day breaks some days, so twice as much time in transit. I'm concerned about how much time we'll spend waiting for busses.
Thanks!!
No input on busses, but thought I would let you know we are in a similar situation staying at Jambo. We decided to rent a car to give us flexibility for groceries and timing, since parking is free and we would have to pay for transportation to/from the airport.

Buses from Disney resorts start running approximately 1 hour before Early Theme Park Opening time. If you want to be on the first bus, it’s recommended that you be at the bus stop 90 minutes before ETPE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter