Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We just got out waitlist for AKL Club Lv approved! Will be there Dec 2-4 :)
Nice! We had a waitlist come through a while back for a value Dec 4-10 and had another waitlist value come through just the other day for Dec 3 so we could tack on an extra day. We have our sons and their gf's in std studios so really looking forward to the trip! Keep the faith waitlisters!

I was really surprised! I had it waitlisted sort of a dream so I wasn't going to be devastated if we didn't get it. It is going to make getting to Chef Mickey's a little more difficult now though!

We just got out waitlist for AKL Club Lv approved! Will be there Dec 2-4 :)
Awesome! It's one of our favorite resort experiences - we'll be there a few days after you! As for getting to Chef Mickey's - if you don't drive yourself, it's pretty simple just to take the Disney bus to MK and then walk to Contemporary- it's maybe 1/3rd of a mile and a simple walk. Enjoy!

Disney Eats Unveils New Foodie Guide to Can’t Miss Gingerbread Displays 2022

Let’s take an adventure over to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, which on November 23 will be home to a wild display – a Life-sized Baby Gingerbread Giraffe and Baby Zebra. This year continues the new tradition begun last year with a life-sized baby giraffe, or should we say gingeraffe! In addition to this gingerbread guest, there’s a new animal grazing into the lobby. You’ll soon be able to see an adorable life-sized baby zebra – made of gingerbread, of course. Starting December 6, you can even purchase a Gingeraffe Cookie to enjoy!

gfg382597957483248.jpg

gfg3724897922343.jpg

In addition, several spots across Resorts will feature a new Gingerbread Martini with Absolut Elyx Vodka, Rumchata Cream Liqueur, and gingerbread spice featuring a rim of gingerbread, freshly baked in the Resort Bakery. It’s the perfect blend of sugar, spice, and everything nice! You can find this delicious holiday beverage at Grand Floridian Café, Cítricos, and Enchanted Rose at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Boma: Flavors of Africa and Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Chef Mickey’s and Outer Rim at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and dinner at Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.

We are staying at AKL November 19-23rd. I just read the policy on balloons. I never even considered it as the last time I stayed here I was a carefree adult without children lol. My daughter will be crushed if she cannot get a balloon at the park.

Side note- I completely understand the reason why, but trying to find alternative options.

Anyone have recent balloon experience? Were you able to check them at bell services? Thanks!

Disney Eats Unveils New Foodie Guide to Can’t Miss Gingerbread Displays 2022
gfg3724897922343.jpg

In addition, several spots across Resorts will feature a new Gingerbread Martini with Absolut Elyx Vodka, Rumchata Cream Liqueur, and gingerbread spice featuring a rim of gingerbread, freshly baked in the Resort Bakery. It’s the perfect blend of sugar, spice, and everything nice! You can find this delicious holiday beverage at Grand Floridian Café, Cítricos, and Enchanted Rose at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Boma: Flavors of Africa and Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Chef Mickey’s and Outer Rim at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and dinner at Cape May Café at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
Gingerbread Martini??? Yes please.

We are staying at AKL November 19-23rd. I just read the policy on balloons. I never even considered it as the last time I stayed here I was a carefree adult without children lol. My daughter will be crushed if she cannot get a balloon at the park.

Side note- I completely understand the reason why, but trying to find alternative options.

Anyone have recent balloon experience? Were you able to check them at bell services? Thanks!

I don't even think they'll let you take them on the bus, though I could be wrong. They will absolutely take it from you to pop if they see it in the lobby.

People try and do sneak them by. Our last time at AKL we saw a mylar balloon stuck in a tree and called the front desk who sent someone out. The lady sounded so tired like this is why we have rules. So don't be that person! Explain to your daughter that she needs to protect the animals and that means no balloons.

Or buy a balloon then have her give it to another kid on your way out of the parks.

I don't even think they'll let you take them on the bus, though I could be wrong. They will absolutely take it from you to pop if they see it in the lobby.

People try and do sneak them by. Our last time at AKL we saw a mylar balloon stuck in a tree and called the front desk who sent someone out. The lady sounded so tired like this is why we have rules. So don't be that person! Explain to your daughter that she needs to protect the animals and that means no balloons.

Or buy a balloon then have her give it to another kid on your way out of the parks.

Thanks. I would never try to hide a balloon. Just was wondering if they check them at bell services. She is three and I would like for her to be able to have one as it is her favorite. I will explain that to her when she is older.

So, it might just be that we get one at the park each day and gift it to another child on the way out.

I could have sworn the policy on balloons at AKL changed a while back. We absolutely had a Mickey balloon in our room when staying there in 2018, 2020, and 2021. We didn't sneak it in or anything, but we did drive to/from the parks so there was no bus driver to tell us no.

Though when i go to the rules page at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/ it says they aren't allowed.

I found my source that they were no longer prohibited in this very thread from 2017: https://www.disboards.com/threads/jambo-the-newest-akl-information-thread.3567178/post-57978360. So who knows. I will have to ask at the front desk before we buy one this trip.

I could have sworn the policy on balloons at AKL changed a while back. We absolutely had a Mickey balloon in our room when staying there in 2018, 2020, and 2021. We didn't sneak it in or anything, but we did drive to/from the parks so there was no bus driver to tell us no.

Though when i go to the rules page at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/ it says they aren't allowed.

I found my source that they were no longer prohibited in this very thread from 2017: https://www.disboards.com/threads/jambo-the-newest-akl-information-thread.3567178/post-57978360. So who knows. I will have to ask at the front desk before we buy one this trip.

Thank you. I plan to do that upon arrival as well.

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2022 & 2023
If you have any updates please let me know…
November
11/13 - 11/19 2nd childhood - AKL
11/27 - 12/3 MemphisVanessa - AKL
December
11/27 - 12/3 MemphisVanessa - AKL
12/17 - 12/24 jennf - Kidani
January
1/8 - 1/13 Goofy4 - Kidani
1/15 - 1/21 djshockley - Jambo
February
2/25 - 3/4 jackieleanne - Jambo
March
2/25 - 3/4 jackieleanne - Jambo
3/22 - 3/26 Goldilocks07 - AKL Jambo
April
4/1-4/8 Doingitagain - Jambo
May
5/14 - 5/18 kanerf - Jambo House
5/26 - 5/29 meliscan Jambo House
June
July
August
September
October

November
11/12 - 11/18 Mtraynom - AKL
December
12/4 - 12/7 Vatink - AKL

Thanks for sharing all of the great pics! Looking forward to our first CL stay here 🥰

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter