Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I spoke with a castmember and because I have a standard view at AKL booked currently switching to beach club would be an additional $400 total! (because only special view rooms are available during our stay) I dont know if it would be worth an additional 400 to switch resorts. I like the idea of walking to epcot, especially during food and wine. should I switch???
Oh, I thought you said $43?? Wait that was another poster.

I spoke with a castmember and because I have a standard view at AKL booked currently switching to beach club would be an additional $400 total! (because only special view rooms are available during our stay) I dont know if it would be worth an additional 400 to switch resorts. I like the idea of walking to epcot, especially during food and wine. should I switch???
What about the Yacht Club?

Oh, I thought you said $43?? Wait that was another poster.
LOL Yeah that was me We had expensive view booked at akl already so it wasn't much more for pool view at BC. The price for a resort with no convenient pool access wasn't worth it to me.

What about the Yacht Club?

LOL Yeah that was me We had expensive view booked at akl already so it wasn't much more for pool view at BC. The price for a resort with no convenient pool access wasn't worth it to me.

Yacht Club is Not available during our stay, which is super frustrating because it was when I booked but I went with AKL because of price and I loved it. The huge price difference is because I had a Standard at 258 a night VS 325 for beach club garden view. They have no other cheaper views available. But I am in agreement with G719, Staying at an expensive resort with no convenient pool access is not worth it. I want to be able to relax and go to the pool between parks and the thought of taking the shuttle (Its short and not terrible) over to Kidani each time I want to swim isnt selling me right now.

I was going to book beach club or yacht club to begin with because its food and wine during our stay. Just $400.... :(

Came on here to report the email I received. We will be staying Nov. 6-10. Called to make sure all our requests were on our reservations. We never book a room near a pool so I hope they fulfill our requests.

Dumela!

We are excited you have selected the Walt Disney World® Resort and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas as your vacation destination. We hope you enjoy our signature blend of African art and culture with our world-class Disney hospitality.

To ensure we are continuing to deliver the best vacation experience possible, it is necessary for us to refresh our offerings from time to time. In preparation for your upcoming visit, we would like to inform you of refurbishment work that will be taking place.

Uzima Springs Pool and Uzima Springs Pool Bar are scheduled to be closed for refurbishment during your stay. During this time, we invite you to have a wild time at nearby Samawati Springs Pool and Maji Pool Bar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village. Maji Pool Bar features refreshing beverages, sandwiches and more. For your convenience, brief rides via shuttle transportation will be provided to and from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House.

Great adventures await at Simba’s Clubhouse and Victoria Falls Lounge, located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House. Previously open exclusively to Guests aged 4-12, Simba’s Clubhouse will be available during your visit with activities for Guests of all ages, such as crafts, facilitated activities, board and video games, movies and more! Embark on a South African-inspired adventure at Victoria Falls Lounge.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment.

If you have questions or need assistance prior to your arrival, please call the Disney Reservation Center at 407-939-2871 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

General Manager Kent Mitchell and the team at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

Came on here to report the email I received. We will be staying Nv. 6-10. Called to make sure all our requests were on our reservations. We never book a room near a pool so I hope they fulfill our requests.

I feel bad for those who booked a pool view.... hopefully its not too horrible for them

Yacht Club is Not available during our stay, which is super frustrating because it was when I booked but I went with AKL because of price and I loved it. The huge price difference is because I had a Standard at 258 a night VS 325 for beach club garden view. They have no other cheaper views available. But I am in agreement with G719, Staying at an expensive resort with no convenient pool access is not worth it. I want to be able to relax and go to the pool between parks and the thought of taking the shuttle (Its short and not terrible) over to Kidani each time I want to swim isnt selling me right now.

I was going to book beach club or yacht club to begin with because its food and wine during our stay. Just $400.... :(

Is there anything at Wilderness Lodge available for your trip? It is usually the deluxe resort with pricing the most similar to AKL. We just got back from our first stay at WL and it was incredible, plus you can take the boat to MK.

Is there anything at Wilderness Lodge available for your trip? It is usually the deluxe resort with pricing the most similar to AKL. We just got back from our first stay at WL and it was incredible, plus you can take the boat to MK.

its around the same price range as Beach club because no standard Rooms are available. I think, I might go with my gut, and switch to beach club once I do a little more research. Im willing to pay a little more especially having the ability to walk to epcot (Our favorite park) during Food and wine.

its around the same price range as Beach club because no standard Rooms are available. I think, I might go with my gut, and switch to beach club once I do a little more research. Im willing to pay a little more especially having the ability to walk to epcot (Our favorite park) during Food and wine.

That's annoying, I am sorry your trip isn't working out the way you planned. I obviously love both BC and AKL, but as much as we adore AKL we always choose BC or YC for our food and wine stays, walking to Epcot is worth it for us.

I feel really frustrated about the pool refurbishment. We booked our room nearly a year ago to get a standard view reservation. We've been planning this trip for over a year, and were really looking forward to staying at AKL. I just worry that the pool at Kidani will be super crowded since everyone from Jambo and Kidani will be using that smaller pool. I called and spoke with a cast member and for our dates, any other deluxe resort would be at least $500 more. I would consider rescheduling our trip for the beginning of 2019, but we've already bought our Halloween party tickets, so I feel like our only choice is to pay a lot more for a different resort or stay at a moderate. Does anyone who's stayed at AKL have any recommendations for which moderate resorts to look into?

I feel really frustrated about the pool refurbishment. We booked our room nearly a year ago to get a standard view reservation. We've been planning this trip for over a year, and were really looking forward to staying at AKL. I just worry that the pool at Kidani will be super crowded since everyone from Jambo and Kidani will be using that smaller pool. I called and spoke with a cast member and for our dates, any other deluxe resort would be at least $500 more. I would consider rescheduling our trip for the beginning of 2019, but we've already bought our Halloween party tickets, so I feel like our only choice is to pay a lot more for a different resort or stay at a moderate. Does anyone who's stayed at AKL have any recommendations for which moderate resorts to look into?

Right now, I would only consider POR or POFQ, there is just too much construction going on at CBR and CSR (also undergoing a pool closure this fall).

We're in the same pickle. Booked a two week stay with OH, his first trip ever, first time since 2013 for me. Had this fairytale trip at AKL built up in my head but will likely downgrade to one of the PO resorts now.

That's annoying, I am sorry your trip isn't working out the way you planned. I obviously love both BC and AKL, but as much as we adore AKL we always choose BC or YC for our food and wine stays, walking to Epcot is worth it for us.

Its ok, Sometimes things happen and are a blessing in disguise. I was going to book Beach Club but went with AKL for the price and now find myself back at Beach Club anyway. LOL. The Universe wants me to go to Beach club and I will just go with the flow. I think The ability to walk to Epcot will sooth my heart that I won't be at AKL. (it actually makes dining and reservations a lot more easy and flexible.)

Same, I loved the pool at Jambo house but besides the pool closing I'm concerned about noise.

As far as recommendations I've stayed at Coronado Springs (Pre Construction) and Loved it, The Casitas are newly referbished (1-3 I believe) but there is HEAVY construction to both the pepper market and the resort as a whole. I would watch Tim Trackers Video on his recent walk through of both CSR and CBR to see if the construction is too much for you. When I was looking at moderates I was going to stay at POR. It looks like a large beautiful resort and some views are very pretty. The royal guest rooms are my favorite (More expensive but the theme is so cute!)

EDIT: And as Gillep Mentioned, The CSR pool will also be down 9/4 - 12/12

Last edited:
Same, I loved the pool at Jambo house but besides the pool closing I'm concerned about noise.

As far as recommendations I've stayed at Coronado Springs (Pre Construction) and Loved it, The Casitas are newly referbished (1-3 I believe) but there is HEAVY construction to both the pepper market and the resort as a whole. I would watch Tim Trackers Video on his recent walk through of both CSR and CBR to see if the construction is too much for you. When I was looking at moderates I was going to stay at POR. It looks like a large beautiful resort and some views are very pretty. The royal guest rooms are my favorite (More expensive but the theme is so cute!)

I know that you said you were going to the BC (great choice) but for anyone else who is looking to switch to a moderate resort I highly suggest visiting the dedicated threads for those resorts here on the DIS, recent reports show that the CSR pool is going to be closed from 9-4 through 12-12, and that there is also going to be some work being done on The Pepper Market, although I don't know those details. I LOVE CSR but I would not be staying there now, and certainly wouldn't stay there this fall when the pool is closed as that's one of my favorite parts of CSR. POR is lovely, and my husband's favorite moderate (mine is CSR when it isn't a construction zone). We really hated our stay at CBR so I have a tough time recommending that resort, especially with how torn up it currently is.

I just booked a standard mermaid room at Art of Animation for the first five nights of our stay, and I’m going to book Beach Club for the last two nights. Doing it this way, I was able to add an extra night’s stay at AoA at the beginning of our trip, and we’ll be able to play at the Beach Club pool the day of our Halloween party. All together, it ended up being about $200 less than staying at AKL.

I’ve never stayed at a value resort before. Would we be better off staying the entire time at a moderate, or splitting it this way? This refurbishment is really throwing me for a loop.

I just booked a standard mermaid room at Art of Animation for the first five nights of our stay, and I’m going to book Beach Club for the last two nights. Doing it this way, I was able to add an extra night’s stay at AoA at the beginning of our trip, and we’ll be able to play at the Beach Club pool the day of our Halloween party. All together, it ended up being about $200 less than staying at AKL.

I’ve never stayed at a value resort before. Would we be better off staying the entire time at a moderate, or splitting it this way? This refurbishment is really throwing me for a loop.

That's a very personal decision based on your travel habits and preferences. Personally, I have stayed at two different value resorts and they are not my preference. I do not like the roped off uncovered bus queues, and although I don't always use the TS restaurant at my resort I like having the option of an onsite TS restaurant, or at least an indoor bar or lounge area just in case we need it (my husband has gotten sick on two previous vacations and I was very thankful for a nice meal at my resort). We like to use the resort pools as well, and there is nothing about the pools at the value resorts that appeal to me. I also find the rooms very tight, it was just DH and myself in the room and it felt like we were tripping over one another. That said, many people are just looking for a place to sleep and the value resorts are perfect for them.

I just received an email that the Uzima pool will be closed during our stay November 13-17. of course there's the pool at kidani but that seems like a pain to travel over there. I wonder if they would offer a discount for the pool being closed or not since there's still a pool nearby.
I got the same email about our Nov. 26 to December 3 stay. Pretty bummed about it. I’m hoping the Kidani pool doesn’t end up extremely crowded.

I also received the email, for September. Does anyone know what exactly they are doing and the extent of the construction? We have a savanna view room booked and besides being disappointed about the pool, we are also worried about the noise disturbing the animals so they might not be as visible on the Savannas. Now not sure what to do...sigh.

Hmm. We are booked in the middle of everyone else’s stay, in October, and have not received the email

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter