IT'S OFFICIAL!!!****OCTOBER 2014****...ROLL CALL!! Join the party!

I hope everyone that's going this last portion of October has a great trip.

I came back yesterday so I'm having the Disney withdrawal blues today!:sad:

The weather was great last week, highs in the lower 80's and lows around 60. I was able to wear shorts every day. It seemed very crowded to me at Epcot even on the weekdays for Food & Wine Fest.

I had a trio of issues coming back yesterday. I missed my connecting flight as my flight out of MCO was delayed, my checked bag did not make it home, and I walked into my house and had a leak from my upstairs bathroom which damaged to the ceiling. So a great ending to a Disney vacation!!!

I hope everyone that's going this last portion of October has a great trip. I came back yesterday so I'm having the Disney withdrawal blues today!:sad: The weather was great last week, highs in the lower 80's and lows around 60. I was able to wear shorts every day. It seemed very crowded to me at Epcot even on the weekdays for Food & Wine Fest. I had a trio of issues coming back yesterday. I missed my connecting flight as my flight out of MCO was delayed, my checked bag did not make it home, and I walked into my house and had a leak from my upstairs bathroom which damaged to the ceiling. So a great ending to a Disney vacation!!!

Sorry about the bad trip back, and leaky surprise. Thanks for the heads up about epcot though, I'll have to make sure hubby is prepared that they'll be a crowd, he can get annoyed quick unless forewarned.

Our trip is off to a bumpy start. There was a computer issue and we had to return to the gate so a mechanical crew could check things out. It was a 7 am flight. It's now 7:52 and they said it will be another 15-20 minutes before we leave the gate again. At least it seems to have been a quick fix. We had only returned to the gate a few minutes before they said it was fixed. Most of the delay was waiting to return to the gate after we initially departed.

9:02. Update. After 50 min we finally taxied away from the gate only to have the same issues again. Back to the gate we go.

Update 2. Landed three hours late. The wait for the ME bus was like 35 min or more for the first bus to CSR to arrive. 1:48 and finally on my way to the resort!!

Sorry about the bad trip back, and leaky surprise. Thanks for the heads up about epcot though, I'll have to make sure hubby is prepared that they'll be a crowd, he can get annoyed quick unless forewarned.
We found the same thing in Epcot the week prior. Could not get out of there fast enough!!

I hope everyone that's going this last portion of October has a great trip.

I came back yesterday so I'm having the Disney withdrawal blues today!:sad:

The weather was great last week, highs in the lower 80's and lows around 60. I was able to wear shorts every day. It seemed very crowded to me at Epcot even on the weekdays for Food & Wine Fest.

I had a trio of issues coming back yesterday. I missed my connecting flight as my flight out of MCO was delayed, my checked bag did not make it home, and I walked into my house and had a leak from my upstairs bathroom which damaged to the ceiling. So a great ending to a Disney vacation!!!

Oooooh sorry about the issues!! Can't believe how crowded its been...MK yesterday was insane by the afternoon/evening :O

Our trip is off to a bumpy start. There was a computer issue and we had to return to the gate so a mechanical crew could check things out. It was a 7 am flight. It's now 7:52 and they said it will be another 15-20 minutes before we leave the gate again. At least it seems to have been a quick fix. We had only returned to the gate a few minutes before they said it was fixed. Most of the delay was waiting to return to the gate after we initially departed.

9:02. Update. After 50 min we finally taxied away from the gate only to have the same issues again. Back to the gate we go.

Update 2. Landed three hours late. The wait for the ME bus was like 35 min or more for the first bus to CSR to arrive. 1:48 and finally on my way to the resort!!

Sorry your trip started off bumpy but I am sure by now ya'll are having a blast!!!! Enjoy

Back at home but had a blast!!!! Kids loved MNSSHP, DSis got to meet Jack and Sally, DH got his scoth flight and I got my lamb chop! Overall a very successful trip :thumbsup2

Hmm guess we have different notions of crowded...what times were you there? We tapped out around 8:00.

We were there from about 11 am to 4:30 and then again from around 7:30 pm to 10:30. DH didn't think The crowd level was that bad either. We had GREAT views of the 3:00 and 9:00 parades. No lines in the restrooms either!

We were there from about 11 am to 4:30 and then again from around 7:30 pm to 10:30. DH didn't think The crowd level was that bad either. We had GREAT views of the 3:00 and 9:00 parades. No lines in the restrooms either!

Hehe, well you got a point...we had great views of the 3:00 too...over in front of a hitching post in Frontierland. We'd been there since an hour before rope-drop with no break from the park so probably misjudging with tired-brains. ;)

Our flight to Orlando was overbooked and AA was giving out $500 vouchers for those who wanted to go on an afternoon flight. I would have been on that so quickly if we didn't need to be there to try and get our marriage license before 4pm. That would have covered our flights for our September trip.

We had such an amazing time and I would definitely go during that week again! The lines during evening EMH hours at MK were non-existent except for 7DMT and the lines weren't too bad during the day either! The day before our wedding we hit up AK for a few hours and we got to ride EE with Buddy from Cake Boss and his family! How cool is that!? DH liked Disney enough that he is totes on board for going back again! So happy that his first trip there left a good enough impression to make him want to go back again!

Congratulations on your wedding! What a magical place to get married!
We also just came back after a two week visit.
Ist week, Columbus Day week, was extremely crowded and weather was hot! Second week, less crowded and weather was beautiful!
Fast pass + for the most part worked well, we got to do Toy Story probably 6 times in the two weeks.
We go every year in Oct to hit the Food and Wine.
I need to comment on something disturbing I saw at one of one of the booths at the Food and Wine. We saw a emplyee working at that booth actually "petting " ( for lack of a better word) her, (I assume), girlfriends, hair, for at least 5 minutes! The girfiend and the employee were standing outside the booth and the employee was very affectionly petting and petting the girls hair and twirling it around her fingers and running her fingers through it. Now I'm not a prude, I don't care what your sexual preferences are, but this was not the place to show put the "make" on someone especially while you are working and in full view of people standing there watching!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter