It is finally happening... We are going to Tokyo Disney!

greenkai3000

DIS Veteran
So, after a few years of dreaming about it, planning carefully, and budgeting strategically, we are finally going to Tokyo Disney. Needless to say we are beyond EXCITED about it. We will be staying 2 nights (late Wednesday May 6, and Thursday May 7) at the Disneyland Hotel. Miracosta is already booked solid :badpc:. And the Embassador is the only Hotel with available rooms on the 8th, so we might be able to stay there on Friday.

I would love to hear from TDR veterans about all your suggestions regarding a game plan for us, as far as maximizing rope drop being hotel guests, getting the most popular fast passes, and being able to eat all the good food and snacks, when we visit Disney Sea on Thursday (the day after Golden Week is officially over), and Disneyland on Friday. We won't don't have little ones, so all the thrill rides are out top priorities, especially those unique to TDR, as well as being able to see the most popular shows.

What snacks do you recommend? Is there a great table or counter service restaurant at each park we should not miss, and do we need reservations for them? Are some shows really worth trying to get lottery tickets for?

All input is welcome, and greatly appreciated.:goodvibes

We are going to Disneyland Tokyo too in September 2015 if any TDL veterans have any hints and tips for going to TDL that would be good.And already subscribed to TDL explorer as suggested find it very good thanks :cool1:

Ok, so I logged in on the TDR website today to check on my bookings and found out that they are gone!! I still have the email with both confirmation numbers, but can't seed to add them on to My Bookings section on the website either. What is the deal with their website? It seems like they are always having technical issues?

In addition to TDR Explorer, you should check out these guides:

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/1-day-tokyo-disneyland-daily-trip-blueprint/

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/1-day-tokyo-disneysea-plan/

For Fast Passes, I think it would be: Monsters Inc and Pooh's Hunny Hunt for Disneyland and Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror and Journey to the Centre of the Earth for Disneysea. I think the re-vamped Jungle Cruise is also very popular at the moment.

You should make sure you check the official website for ride closures as that can narrow down the list of Fast Passes you need to aim for (e.g. we're planning on visiting in September 2015 and unfortunately both Journey to the Centre of the Earth AND the Jungle Cruise will be closed for maintenance).

I'm not sure about snacks. We just normally grab whatever is available at the nearest stand with the shortest line (to maximise time spent on rides). Popcorn is obviously one of the most popular snacks. These should provide you with some assistance:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/tag/tokyo-disneyland/

https://konnichiwamickey.wordpress.com/

http://www.honorablerat.com/

Our favourite buffet/counter service restaurants are: Grandma Sara's Kitchen, Queen of Hearts' Banquet Hall, Vulcania and the Arabian Coast buffet (which I think is now the Casbah Food Court). None of them require reservations, but they can all get busy around peak times, especially the Queen of Hearts' Banquet Hall.

I'm not sure about the lottery. It's a new requirement which we haven't experienced before.

Double and triple check the park opening times and make sure you arrive at the gates about an hour prior to park opening. Once they open the gates EVERYONE runs for Monster's Inc fast passes in DL and Toy Story Mania in DisneySea. Get those fast passes immediately if you are interested in riding those attractions then head over to Pooh's Hunny Hunt on your DL day. After getting your Toy Story fast pass go over to Tower of Terror or Journey...a lot of Japanese peeps will grab fastpasses and then get in the standby line for Monster's and Toy Story.

I second Agent 86's dining recommendations. Grandma Sara's Kitchen is not to be missed! For snacks, our favorites were the Gyoza dog in Mysterious Island and the Chicken leg and thigh in Lost River Delta, next to Raging Spirits. Oh, the Chandu tail in Arabian coast is yum! There are a lot of yummy snacks! As for shows, Big Band Beat is really fun at DisneySea...there wasn't a lottery for it in June 2014 when we went. To me that is the only MUST SEE show...

You are going to be at Disney during Japan's Golden Week - I'd expect those crowds to last through the weekend you are there. I'd suggest skipping Toy Story at DisneySea...we were just there on a VERY quiet day - it was the only attraction with any real line all day (and at best, it was 70 minutes!) The tropical fruit ice bars that you find everywhere are very yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter