Isn't CRT impossible to get?

proud_canadian

DIS Veteran
I don't really want to spend the money to go to CRT, but I did a quick search out of curiosity on the disney website for Oct 1 (a day we will be there) and lunchtime reservations did come up.

Is that not how you book reservations? Why are so many showing up or is not as popular anymore?

I think because there are princesses at all three meals it's a bit easier to get into than it used to be.

I'd agree with the PP, seems likely that folks looking into eating here might have breakfast or dinner as their first choices, rather than lunch, now that the princesses are in attendance at all three meals.

If I was going to try and do something special for a meal - like CRT is to folks who enjoy it - I would probably try to do it for dinner.

If you are on the dining plan, Dinner would be the most bang for your credits. If not on the dining plan, breakfast would be the cheapest option so I could see lunch being the easiest meal to get. But over all it seems CRT just isn't as in demand as it once was.

As a mother of 2 boys, we won't be returning to the Castle for a meal. And isn't it 2 credits now on the DDP?????

No thanks.

I'm glad it's gotten easier for those who want an ADR.

K

We are going Oct 16th and I totally lost track that 180 days was 6months out... so I just booked the dinner at CRT for 8pm on 10/16 not a problem at all :)

I don't think that its as popular as it used to be. CRT and CM used to be the ressies that were impossible to get, now I think it's Ohana and LeCellier that are the impossible to get ressies.

I initially made a breakfast ADR, then decided late to change it to a lunch. There was absolutely no problem in getting the ADR - didn't seem to be much of a problem. Which, of course, now makes me paranoid because I keep on reading reports that the food really isn't that good .......

I've heard mixed reviews too. I wanted to try it for dinner and I had no problem finding available times. After studying the menu, I ended up deciding against it because of the choices on the childs menu for 2 TS credits. I can imagine how beautiful it must be to eat in there, maybe some day we'll splurge on it.

As a previous poster said, I think it is b/c the princesses are now at dinner (not just b'fast and lunch), too. If you are trying to get an Oct. 1 meal, I would book this week before free dining is offered (rumored to be offered in the fall - available to book some time soon). Free dining may not be offered. However, if it is, the castle may be harder to get during the "free dining" dates.

I initially made a breakfast ADR, then decided late to change it to a lunch. There was absolutely no problem in getting the ADR - didn't seem to be much of a problem. Which, of course, now makes me paranoid because I keep on reading reports that the food really isn't that good .......

The food isn't what they're selling at the castle. They are selling the experience. It was, to us, a case of all sizzle and no steak.

We had breakfast in the castle in Dec 2008. The food was fine, the service divine and the fun of eating in the castle was the main attraction. Now we're returning to the world in Nov 2010 and it wouldn't break my heart to miss it. We are going to dine there again though as we are taking two first timers and it really is the ultimate iconic experience, IMHO

The meal does include the tax and gratuity so that makes it a LITTLE easier to swallow if you want to spend 2TS since you don't have the cash outlay for the tip but if you do the math it comes out to around $24-28 per TS you're spending. To us that isn't a good TS use so we're paying OOP for breakfast there.

However, I found the food to be just fine. I am sure you will have fun too if you go in knowing what to expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter