Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

I feel like if the penthouse had another selling feature (2 floors, game/additional room) they would have mentioned it as a selling point? So I do wonder if it is just the second bedroom on the other side of that doorway, and they just used a stock photo from the 2 bedroom. The weird thing is though, that photo isn't even included in the 2 bedroom photos...

Is it honestly too much to expect some clear information about this new resort?

Probably? The tower rooms have cool extended kitchen features and are (almost certainly) in a building with a restaurant inside of it, which would be REALLY appealing to me if I wanted a studio (I don’t).

But they don’t have the 1.25 baths or the 3rd sleeping surface (which is great not just for families of 5, but also for kids who are different genders, or who hate sleeping in a bed together).

They have this nice balance today of mostly standard view longhouses but just enough lake view that they’re both about equally as easy to get at 7 months. If the tower adds a ton of lake/TPV studios
I think the major outcome will be none of the 7 month inventory being standard view.
This last part is even ok with me at the 7 month mark. Because PVB was full for the trip we did in May. I mean GF BLT were available, so we did not suffer. lol

*Pure speculation* maybe that living/dining area rendering is the second floor / “above.” If you look out the window in the rendering it appears to be recessed from the “wood” feature on the outside of the building, and the balcony not quite as deep as the lower floor patio we see in the drawing and construction shots.

Lower level leading to the patio could be a “rec room.” Games tables. Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki bar area. Hot tub. Dole whip soft-serve machine. Let your imagination go!
I hope someone gets fired if it's not named that.

Here it is... the new & improved Island Tower 2.0 with monorail and skyliner service to theme parks. Because these had to go through the portals, direct zipline access has been relocated to the roof. Also, the Fort Wilderness cabins that were considered to go in those portals will now be over-the-water cabinalows.

View attachment 866855
My 13 year old can not stop talking about how perfect the longhouse roofs on the trees are for completing this- do you have any issue with me putting this on a t-shirt for him? (he makes good use of a cricut, nothing commercial, just personal use)

My 13 year old can not stop talking about how perfect the longhouse roofs on the trees are for completing this- do you have any issue with me putting this on a t-shirt for him? (he makes good use of a cricut, nothing commercial, just personal use)
Maybe you could even add a slogan like “I survived 100 pages of Poly Tower speculation”

Work continues all over the building. From the top floors, portals, ground floor, pool area, etc. Concrete for Fiji building toward was building power washed.

We were at PVB when DVC Moorea and Pago Pago were open, but Tokelau was still being worked on inside. The number of workers back then was tiny compared to what is happening withy the tower right now.

Today, it’s hot and to no surprise both pools are very busy. I wonder how many people come to the Poly for long weekends, because Thursday-Sunday appear to be much different than Monday-Wednesday for the entire resort.

A few CMs at Poly expect significantly more details will be released before August.

Maybe you could even add a slogan like “I survived 100 pages of Poly Tower speculation”

Love the idea! "I Survived The Great Debate" with the poly tower pictured in the background
We were actually considering trying to snip out a Grumby by birth quote. Something like "direct zipline access has been relocated to the roof" or the part about cabinalows.

Did anyone see the new room videos linked to the member insider email? Love the rooms. Love the dishwasher, real dishes and small eating area in the studios. Now I so want to buy Poly.

Work continues all over the building. From the top floors, portals, ground floor, pool area, etc. Concrete for Fiji building toward was building power washed.

We were at PVB when DVC Moorea and Pago Pago were open, but Tokelau was still being worked on inside. The number of workers back then was tiny compared to what is happening withy the tower right now.

Today, it’s hot and to no surprise both pools are very busy. I wonder how many people come to the Poly for long weekends, because Thursday-Sunday appear to be much different than Monday-Wednesday for the entire resort.

A few CMs at Poly expect significantly more details will be released before August.
Thanks for the update! Super happy I locked in a delayed close with my Riviera contract so we can switch escrow over if the details are enticing enough.
Did anyone see the new room videos linked to the member insider email? Love the rooms. Love the dishwasher, real dishes and small eating area in the studios. Now I so want to buy Poly.
I don't receive those emails, not sure why. Are there URLs you can share to the videos?

Thanks for the update! Super happy I locked in a delayed close with my Riviera contract so we can switch escrow over if the details are enticing enough.

I don't receive those emails, not sure why. Are there URLs you can share to the videos?
The DVC newsletter took me to You Tube. The name of the video is Full Room Tour: Island Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Can you get to it with that?

The DVC newsletter took me to You Tube. The name of the video is Full Room Tour: Island Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Can you get to it with that?
Oh yes, I've seen that video already. 🤣 I got excited for a moment, thinking there was another video out.

Regarding the Penthouse 2BR, someone earlier in this thread mentioned the Villas at the Grand Californian…their grand villa has a 2 story windows/balcony. I think DVC altered the idea a bit for the Poly Tower to give the upstairs bedrooms in the Penthouse 2BR their own “mini balcony” that overlooks the 2 story main balcony below from the living area.
That’s also why I think the other Penthouse 2BRs are where the open squares are which seem to have the upper and lower balconies. Look at the walk thru on the VDH Grand Villa to see what I mean.

My opinion - those doors are the ones to the master bedroom you see in the rendering online. When that picture was taken the temporary wood wall was built inward a bit - the actual windows were installed further out flush with the concrete header above it, making that an inside door. Cropped photo courtesy of blogmickey.com
Good call! So it looks like 2 rooms coming off the main areas...I'm still not convinced they're both bedrooms based on the drawings. It looks like there are blinds on the door to the one room on the living area side. If it was a bedroom, they would be on the other side. Of course these are just drawings that are being analyzed in way more detail than they were intended so could just be laziness by whoever put them together.

Attachments

• penthouse2.jpg
    penthouse2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 15
Island Tower photos

Hoping this link to some shared photos of the island tower works. Included photos from the train at Main Street station. Some photos were from the boat going from GF to Poly. Some photos from the Poly boat pier.
I just wanted to thank you so much for these photos! They actually are really informative for a few current points of speculation:

1. TPV rooms
If there’s a clear sightline from Main St station to floors 6 & up, with some of 5, I think it would be very similar for view of castle & Astro Orbiter / Space Mountain. I’m going to bank that floors 6+ on that side of the building are TPV. Some 5th floor rooms closer to Grand Flo might get lucky.

2. Portals
You’ve shown us for the first time (that I’ve seen) that there are recessed windows and door at the portals, and railings in front. This means they very well could be outdoor observation areas!! The lower one might even have decent fireworks view due to how high in the sky they go, even if it’s not castle-view like the higher one. IMO Disney is doing this right recognizing the sort of thing (like Top of the World) that their customers want!

facebook twitter