Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

I am really glad you answered this question because I was wondering the same thing. If I wanted to try the new rooms for Princess weekend Feb 2025, I would be able to try once the 7 month booking window opens and use points then (I am not an owner at Poly).
I doubt anything in the tower will be available for non-poly owners at 7 months for the first year. Poly owners will snatch up everything before you get a chance.

New theory/Hot take on the penthouse 2 bedrooms!

Ok - what if the reason that the balconies are so weird is because they are actually a lock off 4 bedroom! You could book them separately as 2bds just like in a lock off you can book the studio and 1bd separately, but you could also combine for a 4. That would be G.D. Brilliant. Not much of a chance probably but it would be AMAZING.

Edit: sorry I was so excited I posted to soon. 🤣This goes along with the theory that the 2bd penthouses will have 4 bays, so you would be able to combine them into 8 total bays - one above the other.

I guess it’s too redundant with the kitchens. But it’s a way cooler idea than what’s probably going to happen.

New theory/Hot take on the penthouse 2 bedrooms!

Ok - what if the reason that the balconies are so weird is because they are actually a lock off 4 bedroom! You could book them separately as 2bds just like in a lock off you can book the studio and 1bd separately, but you could also combine for a 4. That would be G.D. Brilliant. Not much of a chance probably but it would be AMAZING.

Edit: sorry I was so excited I posted to soon. 🤣This goes along with the theory that the 2bd penthouses will have 4 bays, so you would be able to combine them into 8 total bays - one above the other.

I guess it’s too redundant with the kitchens. But it’s a way cooler idea than what’s probably going to happen.
This is kind of a thing on the cash side! At the Poly even!

However, I think it's more likely to align with the '4-bay Penthouse bookended by Deluxe Studios' theory, as adding in one or two Studios could make it into a 3BR or 4BR. I think it's unlikely they'd offer a 4BR that is a combo of two Penthouses.

What's already at the Poly: the King Kamehameha Suite is a very premium 2BR suite on the cash side and it has three connecting doors to standard rooms, making a 3BR, 4BR, or 5BR.

However, I think it's more likely to align with the '4-bay Penthouse bookended by Deluxe Studios' theory, as adding in one or two Studios could make it into a 3BR or 4BR. I think it's unlikely they'd offer a 4BR that is a combo of two Penthouses.

What's already at the Poly: the King Kamehameha Suite is a very premium 2BR suite on the cash side and it has three connecting doors to standard rooms, making a 3BR, 4BR, or 5BR.
That’s very cool! I did not know that.

Are there other resorts that have a hidden 3-5 bedroom option like that?

I do wonder about this. While I’m not confident in it, I could see it happening because of the vagueness around these “2 bedroom penthouse villas” with the news release 2 weeks ago.

IMG_2266.jpegIMG_2267.jpeg
Take these 2 images of the penthouse 2 bedroom released by Disney. The common area shows a very clear door by the dining table, but the 2nd bedroom doesn’t show a door near the balcony on either side of the bedroom. Either Disney gave us a stock image of what the 2nd bedroom looks like in a normal 2 bedroom (not penthouse) or there is something big we are missing. Perhaps a pool table room or movie room behind the dining table?

IMG_2052.jpegAlso, I think we can confidently say the penthouses will be 2 floors given the balcony size differences, and there will only be 1 that is theme park view and 1 that is preferred view. Or Disney is going to really annoy half the people who book a penthouse view, only to get stuck with the small balcony.

They still haven’t declared either of the Aulani Standard View Grand Villas, so they literally are unbookable for points.

Which I would be fine if you said that doesn’t count but Aulani has been open for 12 years, so it does. 🤓
Wow. Do the Aulani grand villas show up on the point charts. How can DVC still be selling Aulani with grand villas listed as an option for accommodation when they are not actually available? Almost like false advertising.

Either way, those photos are eith not of the same unot, or if they ARE they were not take at the same time. Notice through that doorway, that you can see the window, without drape2. but in the bedroom, there are drapes on the left hand side. So, i wonder if there is a small additional room behind the table...of course, it even just be a laundry room, as the laundry room in the OKW GVs are just off the kitchen.

It will be interesting to see an actual tour video of the penthouses.

While I think it’s representative of the second bedroom in the penthouse, the computer generated graphic they chose has the wrong balcony railing type. The exterior renderings show glass balconies on those upper floors which are likely where the penthouse units are, not the metal railings for the rest of the tower. So, something isn’t 100% there, in my opinion. Typical Disney with potentially inaccurate renderings/photos on the website, or things will change in the final construction.

Last edited:
Wow. Do the Aulani grand villas show up on the point charts. How can DVC still be selling Aulani with grand villas listed as an option for accommodation when they are not actually available? Almost like false advertising.
Yes, Aulani GV's are on the points charts and are bookable by the members. I've personally stayed in one six times so far.

While I think it’s representative of the second bedroom in the penthouse, the computer generated graphic they chose has the wrong balcony railing type. The exterior renderings show glass balconies on those upper floors which are likely where the penthouse units are, not the metal railings for the rest of the tower. So, something isn’t 100% there, in my opinion. Typical Disney with potentially inaccurate renderings/photos on the website, or things will change in the final construction.
Good catch on the railings!

I do wonder about this. While I’m not confident in it, I could see it happening because of the vagueness around these “2 bedroom penthouse villas” with the news release 2 weeks ago.

View attachment 869565View attachment 869566
Take these 2 images of the penthouse 2 bedroom released by Disney. The common area shows a very clear door by the dining table, but the 2nd bedroom doesn’t show a door near the balcony on either side of the bedroom. Either Disney gave us a stock image of what the 2nd bedroom looks like in a normal 2 bedroom (not penthouse) or there is something big we are missing. Perhaps a pool table room or movie room behind the dining table?

View attachment 869570Also, I think we can confidently say the penthouses will be 2 floors given the balcony size differences, and there will only be 1 that is theme park view and 1 that is preferred view. Or Disney is going to really annoy half the people who book a penthouse view, only to get stuck with the small balcony.
Given the small depth of the bedroom balcony, I assumed the bedroom was on the second floor of the penthouse so it wouldn't have a door on the side of the room. Just the balcony on the outside wall. If this is the case, the pictures make sense but what's through the common area doorway???

Seems a bit strange that this part is not full length balcony on the lower level if
all one unit like at other resorts but there is a gap in the structure wall to see / communicate to adjacent balconies either side from waste height up

IMG_4715.jpeg

That would make sense but then what's on the second floor above the living/dining area?
*Pure speculation* maybe that living/dining area rendering is the second floor / “above.” If you look out the window in the rendering it appears to be recessed from the “wood” feature on the outside of the building, and the balcony not quite as deep as the lower floor patio we see in the drawing and construction shots.

Lower level leading to the patio could be a “rec room.” Games tables. Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki bar area. Hot tub. Dole whip soft-serve machine. Let your imagination go!

Also, what are these doors off the balconies for?

My opinion - those doors are the ones to the master bedroom you see in the rendering online. When that picture was taken the temporary wood wall was built inward a bit - the actual windows were installed further out flush with the concrete header above it, making that an inside door. Cropped photo courtesy of blogmickey.com

Attachments

• IMG_9677.jpeg
    IMG_9677.jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 32

facebook twitter