Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

Definitely true. I was one of the conspiracy theorists early on who wasn’t accepting the same association based on the ambiguity in the statements, etc. I really do think at this point it’s going to be the same association but as you say, until we see the POS and related documents, there’s room for it to go in the other direction.

Part of why I think it’s same association is the lack of amenities for it to stand on its own. I personally would have preferred for it to be a new association with all full range of dedicated amenities.
I think what they meant is that yes, it’s been confirmed now it’s part of PVB, there is still the slightest chance DVd pulls a fast one and could end up doing something that makes both statements true.

While I think it’s unlikely at this point, the way DVD has handled everything, leaves me only at 99.9% resale points, not just PVB ones, will have access to those rooms. I have lost trust in anything they say and do when it comes to this and future projects.

I think most people’s problem with RIV isn’t the restrictions (though they don’t help), it’s the inflated point charts. PVB suffers from this as well.
Maybe I’m weird, but I don’t view RIV as having inflated points charts. Sure, they’re more points than boardwalk, beach club, and copper creek…but have you seen the inside of the Riv’s rooms? They’re drop dead gorgeous with the in room finishes - marble bathrooms, gold accents, wood trim headboards and bed frames, and properly laid out kitchen/dining area. I put the rooms themselves on par with grand Floridian.

Maybe I’m weird, but I don’t view RIV as having inflated points charts. Sure, they’re more points than boardwalk, beach club, and copper creek…but have you seen the inside of the Riv’s rooms? They’re drop dead gorgeous with the in room finishes - marble bathrooms, gold accents, wood trim headboards and bed frames, and properly laid out kitchen/dining area. I put the rooms themselves on par with grand Floridian.
I don’t necessarily disagree, although I don’t love the kitchen layout or some of the other details.

More to the point, not that many people choose to spend the money on the four seasons or the ritz, another because they don’t think it’s nice, but because it’s too expensive.

That’s how I think of Riviera. If DVC didn't exist, I’d probably be typically staying in the ASMu Family Suites. Moving from that to an SSR point chart makes sense, moving from that to a Riviera one doesn’t.

So, maybe I am the weird one, but I don’t necessarily think that the rooms are any better than the renovated rooms at Saratoga Springs (which I continue to say is very underrated), especially for my five night grand Villa stay later this summer that would’ve been 240 more points at RIV. Now, don’t get me wrong by thinking that I am saying that the RIV rooms aren’t nice, they are! However, I think the renovated SSR rooms are just as nice.

Also not a fan of the galley style kitchen (goes for CCV as well). But that is just me.

Everybody has their likes and dislikes and what they perceive as a value. In this way, the system is actually working as it is intended, as there are people that have preferences for different resorts, which keeps the demand up at all of them.

I think what they meant is that yes, it’s been confirmed now it’s part of PVB, there is still the slightest chance DVd pulls a fast one and could end up doing something that makes both statements true.
This is basically where I’m at— and I would hate for the folks who haven’t been with us for all several thousand posts to buy resale PVB (especially at $200/pt, woof) and be surprised to learn they don’t have the same access as tower points.

I actually agree - but I wonder…would I have purchased CCV if the lobby was not drop dead spectacular?
Can’t answer that for you but we loved the rooms when we toured them. A little smaller than other resorts but I like the coziness. Don’t get me wrong, my interest was peaked by the lobby during Christmas, to put it lightly lol, but the rooms were so pretty, it made us love the resort even more. Also the look of the GV is perfectly styled to my taste I’m obsessed with them.

We didn’t buy PVB or BCV for their lobbies though. I think they’re fine enough, nothing particularly special, but we bought for the resort vibes, amenities and location.

RIV for the vibes, rooms, location and food. Oh and the skyliner, we love it.

VGF, honestly, because it just felt so luxe and unattainable from a cash booking standpoint. But strangely, it’s kind of at the bottom of the pack of our home resorts right now. Idk it’s felt a bit…cold?…the few times we’ve stayed but I’m hoping that’ll change the more we stay. Still happy that we hold most of our direct points there but we tend to use them as SAP for now. Our favorite changes like seasons though so I’m sure we’ll love it again.

This is basically where I’m at— and I would hate for the folks who haven’t been with us for all several thousand posts to buy resale PVB (especially at $200/pt, woof) and be surprised to learn they don’t have the same access as tower points.
The fact that we are growing old together waiting for this paperwork, is what’s feeding my .01% suspicion that something is amiss.

This is a full service sit down with a bar. They have already been issued the provisional license from the DBPR for this. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I don’t see a license for a quick serve but it might not be in yet. They may have done this first because of the liquor license
Does the license include both outdoor and indoors? Is it possible the license is only for the bar and an outdoor seating area?

Could they have a shared kitchen? Serves food for outside and bar, but also serves food for a QS inside?

In the meantime, you could have purchased PVB resale for around ~$130 per point earlier this year, post condo association meeting announcement, while the topic was irrationally debated.

Now, we are at $160 and rising. Quite a bit of opportunity lost there for someone that was in the market.

Does the license include both outdoor and indoors? Is it possible the license is only for the bar and an outdoor seating area?

Could they have a shared kitchen? Serves food for outside and bar, but also serves food for a QS inside?
it’s entirely possible. When looking at the water plan blueprints, it’s pretty hard to decipher what the heck is going on. There’s very clearly a bar and kitchen, but it seems as though maybe not a ton of traditional sit down seating like you’d find at a standard Disney resort sit down restaurant.

I’ll post here and let the masses debate.

Attachments

• IMG_1960.jpeg
    IMG_1960.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1963.jpeg
    IMG_1963.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 41

That seems like a reasonable possibility. I hadn’t considered that configuration. The only thing that I really doubt it is, would be exclusively a pool bar, because historically those are marked “pool bar” on the license.

They will absolutely share a kitchen.

it’s entirely possible. When looking at the water plan blueprints, it’s pretty hard to decipher what the heck is going on. There’s very clearly a bar and kitchen, but it seems as though maybe not a ton of traditional sit down seating like you’d find at a standard Disney resort sit down restaurant.

I’ll post here and let the masses debate.

Sounds like Bar Riva at the Riviera. I hope it's a full quick service though. That's a big first floor lobby not to have a proper quick service.

Some of this had already been known from other permits, but a more complete picture of pending main Poly entrance and parking lot changes from new permits:

Thanks for sharing this, btw. The separation of bus from car entrance I think makes sense. Should be good for traffic on Seven Seas Drive too.

Earlier on though I was wondering if there was an off-chance that Island Tower would get its own bus stops at least (it's a 5-10 minute walk to the existing HS/AK buses depending on who's walking it). I'd say that now looks less likely. I was also wondering if there'd be some kind of connection between the GCH and Island Tower approaches. I guess they could still have IT traffic come in the new main entrance, and turn left for IT port-cochere and parking?

That seems like a reasonable possibility. I hadn’t considered that configuration. The only thing that I really doubt it is, would be exclusively a pool bar, because historically those are marked “pool bar” on the license.
Seeing the latest artist rendering, the outside doesn’t seem like a pool bar at all. People in the image were not in swimsuits, more dressed up like a table service.

A bar/table service next to the pool area could have a staff only access between the pool/bar to prevent swimsuits. This setup would allow waitstaff at the pool for food and drink by the pool.

Maybe I missed this discussion somewhere but what do people think the upper floor two-story tall open areas in the main tower will be? At least one should be another restaurant right? What else could it possibly be? A lounge? DVC doesn't have club level usually right? Obviously the best case scenario would be for both to be restaurants but what else could they be used for?

Maybe I missed this discussion somewhere but what do people think the upper floor two-story tall open areas in the main tower will be? At least one should be another restaurant right? What else could it possibly be? A lounge? DVC doesn't have club level usually right? Obviously the best case scenario would be for both to be restaurants but what else could they be used for?
Fireworks viewing area of some sort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter