Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

I’m guessing it goes on sale late next month, perhaps June 25th, and we see the point chart less than a week prior.
So it's safe to say that if points don't go on sale until after bookings start, it's 100% part of the OG Poly. I have been waiting for the words that it IS for months since I got my $112 per point right before they started buying back lol.
If point charts aren't out prior to June 4th how will the DVC early reservation work?

So it's safe to say that if points don't go on sale until after bookings start, it's 100% part of the OG Poly. I have been waiting for the words that it IS for months since I got my $112 per point right before they started buying back lol.
If point charts aren't out prior to June 4th how will the DVC early reservation work?
June 4 will be cash bookings for DVC members. Yes, confusing. 🤣 Point bookings will be available at some later date, and we will have to have point charts available for those.

And wow, $112 was definitely a score

Last edited:
We should at least get something soon regarding rooms prior to the cash booking opening, mainly will need to know deluxe studio and one bedroom capacity, I’m guessing a 4/5 split.

I’m kind of hoping that since there so much media dislike for the tower it’ll be less busy then I’m imagining it’ll be. Clearly, there’s still a lot of us that like it and are looking forward to checking it out so that will take some pressure off of the existing facilities, but if it doesn’t attract too much more attention, it’s not adding much pressure of its own? Could be a win-win

June 4 will be cash bookings for DVC members. Yes, confusing. 🤣 Point bookings will be available at some later date, and we will have to have point charts available for those.

And wow, $112 was definitely a score
Disney: "Thanks for spending thousands on your DVC contract. As a thank you, we will allow you to spend a few thousand more to book early.. but those points you have.... they are no good for now."

The inventory that they will allow people to book for cash in the beginning of June will be from inventory that they don't expect to declare prior to those bookings.

Points bookings will come from the number of units in the initial declaration to the condo association. At this point, they probably have an idea of wherer they intend to start in terms of # of actual rooms that will be open for points based bookings.

Declarations normally follow the pace of sales so as sales increase, so do more declarations, which allows more points to be used to book and fewer rooms to be booked via cash.

We should at least get something soon regarding rooms prior to the cash booking opening, mainly will need to know deluxe studio and one bedroom capacity, I’m guessing a 4/5 split.
Thats a good point...how would people know what to call and book if we don't know rooms details! Maybe we will see sales start sooner than I was imagining....next round of incentives??

Thats a good point...how would people know what to call and book if we don't know rooms details! Maybe we will see sales start sooner than I was imagining....next round of incentives??
Yup that was the basis for my question a couple pages ago

Disney: "Thanks for spending thousands on your DVC contract. As a thank you, we will allow you to spend a few thousand more to book early.. but those points you have.... they are no good for now."
The date on which they begin accepting cash reservations doesn't change points availability one bit. Before they accept a single reservation, they'll have made the decision about how many rooms will be bookable on points and how many for cash. Points availability is always tied to sales projections. Nearly 5 years after it opened, 25% of Disney's Riviera Resort is still available only to cash guests.

In a way I agree that Disney has kinda sterilized its offerings as of late but certainly don’t agree that it’s an eyesore. At the end of the day, Disney is going to cater to the masses so those of us that like what poly was and not what poly is to be is an after thought. I agree I wish it were better themed (by my perspective) but the same can be true for my beloved Boardwalk refresh. It is what it is and maybe in 20 years it will be the new what Poly was conversation. I enjoy his show as well as others that may be a little overly critical of the timeshare I have come to love but it doesn’t change how I feel about the product or the resort. Just life in 2024 I suppose so I just roll with it 😎.
I’ll still be buying even though it isn’t remotely as close to appealing to me as Wilderness Lodge, Aulani, or Animal Kingdom but it’s still the best monorail resort for us 🥳

I guarantee you 1000%, if that lobby was in ANY hotel in Tokyo, Tom would be weeping with joy like a schoolgirl who just met Taylor Swift.
Just hating on WDW is so 2021. What the cool kids do now is go on about how much more wonderful-er all the other parks are.

To be fair they are doing some cool stuff, the BATB ride and new frozen ride are pretty mind blowing. Most of that imagineering will "trickle down" to the flag ship US parks which is backwards. At least Tiana is getting the new generation animitronics 5 or so years later

Have been checking the Orange County Comptroller site for whether the required documents have been filed yet, either (a) an amendment to the existing Poly declarations if the new Poly is part of the old Poly DVC, which now appears likely; or (b) new Declarations if the new Poly is its own DVC Resort.

So far, I have seen no such filings. Until that is done, there can be no sales. In the past for a new resort or new building add-on to a resort, sales have usually started about 30 days after such filing.

Last edited:
Just hating on WDW is so 2021. What the cool kids do now is go on about how much more wonderful-er all the other parks are.

To be fair they are doing some cool stuff, the BATB ride and new frozen ride are pretty mind blowing. Most of that imagineering will "trickle down" to the flag ship US parks which is backwards. At least Tiana is getting the new generation animitronics 5 or so years later
Plus, OLC told all those mean Imagineers to leave their beloved Splash Mountain alone. Domo arigato!

It's funny how all the Disney vlogger lemmings have shifted their focus to how awesome Tokyo is, with literally every one of them (except Woo and Pallo who won't travel that far) making the pilgrimage in the last 2 months. Definitely some cool stuff going on there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter