Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

$2646.02 for Jan 7 - Jan 13 marathon weekend for a duo studio. Smaller than my previous room at WL but cheaper too. WOOT!
Interesting. So comparing to Riviera, same dates, $3,290 rack rate after tax. Not clear to me what the DVC member discount is, but $2,646 is 20% less than $3,290.

I wonder if there will be a small period where people who buy “new” will get a little advantage over the rest of the existing association? Or will that cause a problem?

Also, there will be rooms available to book with points from the opening date right? They’re keeping some rooms to put in the association on opening?

I wonder if there will be a small period where people who buy “new” will get a little advantage over the rest of the existing association? Or will that cause a problem?

Also, there will be rooms available to book with points from the opening date right? They’re keeping some rooms to our in the association on opening?
Probably not, since they are the same association, owners at the original PVB will have the same rights as people who buy a contract deeded at the tower. But for new owners they can still book undeclared rooms for the Welcome Home booking, so they'll be able to get their first stay at the tower effortlessly.

Also, there will be rooms available to book with points from the opening date right? They’re keeping some rooms to put in the association on opening?
I don’t think the advantage period would be allowed for some owners and not others.

Any declared rooms will be available for booking with points on opening day. They’re filling up undeclared rooms right now with cash.

Probably not, since they are the same association, owners at the original PVB will have the same rights as people who buy a contract deeded at the tower. But for new owners they can still book undeclared rooms for the Welcome Home booking, so they'll be able to get their first stay at the tower effortlessly.
Including new members that don't own at that resort? Asking for a friend 😏

Ha - Negative... I'd have to start an OnlyDVCFans account. We've got three room types over the grand opening booked though: Duo Studio, Deluxe Studio, 1-Bedroom.
Is that like where we pay someone to show images and tours of their DVC rooms and see glimpses of the resorts while we aren't there? Because I feel like you may be on to something here.

They can’t do that…but, because they won’t declare all the rooms into the association to start…they certainly can use their own rooms for the “welcome home” stay for those who are new owners.

Love the design of these rooms! You can really tell how much thought went into every little detail of the room designs with their pops of Moana IP. This is a complete 180 from the full refurb they just did at the boardwalk!

I know the design is a far cry from the 60s and 70s tiki culture you see at the original Polynesian rooms, but this tower design is much more on brand with any high end Hawaiin/Polynesian hotels you’ll find on the islands today. While it may not be everyone’s cup of tea for those who long for a more caricature style tiki theme, it will be loved by most, and will be an easy sell for Disney. These rooms provide a modern, luxurious island vibe while being a 5 minute walk to 60s era tiki theming. The poly resort now has the best of both worlds

So, does that mean they have no rooms being classified as SV? If so, I can see the studios starting at the LV price of the long houses for PV, and then more for TPV.
I didn't not inquire about standard, but I think it does exist.

Reactions: ehh

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest