• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is this possible? Safari to Tusker house

thelegacy27

Mouseketeer
I have a FP at 910 for the safari and a 950 ADR at tusker house. Will I be done in time? Is it a far walk?

I hear that the safari is best in the morning but if I need to change it, what time would you go with?

Thanks

No problem as long as Safari is operating normally (and of course you go right at 9:10). Tusker House is very close to Safari.

You'll probably be fine as long as you show up at 9:05 - 9:10. On the odd chance that you get delayed on the ride, I'm sure you could explain that and still get seated for your ADR as long as you went there directly after. They generally try to be as accommodating as they can be in those situations.

I have not actually done this in awhile so I’m not speaking from current valid experience, but part of me would be tempted to just do Safari standby since you’ll pretty much be there at rope drop anyway and save the FP for something else (even another Safari) later on. Unless this is an 8am opening or something.

I have not actually done this in awhile so I’m not speaking from current valid experience, but part of me would be tempted to just do Safari standby since you’ll pretty much be there at rope drop anyway and save the FP for something else (even another Safari) later on. Unless this is an 8am opening or something.

Yup.

Also a good plan, since Safari is a "different experience" every time you ride, regardless of the time of day.

Totally agree with this. If you’re planning on heading to Safari immediately at Rope Drop, the standby line should be minimal, as 96% of the crowd will be running to FOP and another 3% will be running to Expedition Everest. Use that FP for something else....

I have a FP at 910 for the safari and a 950 ADR at tusker house. Will I be done in time? Is it a far walk?
you can check in for your FP at 9:05, so make sure you are there by then. With arriving that early you should get on the ride very quickly and with it being about a 20 minute excursion should be off around 9:30ish. Tusker is very close, a couple minute walk from the Safari. you could probably get away without using the FP but if it makes you feel better use it.

There is usually a grace period too for ADR so even if you were 5-10 minutes late they will still take you.

You will be fine, if you are a couple of minutes late for your reservation they will accommodate you. I would just rope drop and save my FP for something else after breakfast.

If your a few minutes late (which you should not be) you will still be fine. We normally do the opposite a PPO opening breakfast and Tusker House and then we walk the 3 minute walk to Kilimanjaro. We do standby and the longest the line ever was doing this was about 10 minutes. It saves using a fast pass.

On a side note, I hope you have so much fun! The safari and the Tusker House are a couple of my favorite things to do in AK.

I agree change the FP for something else, and rope drop KS. It's pretty much certain that if you get there first thing, stand by and FP lines will have an equal wait.

As others have said, they are very close. You will be fine. I concur you might want to change your FP to something else. You can RD KS and most likely have the same wait as using the FP. Very few people run to KS anymore.

We normally do the opposite a PPO opening breakfast and Tusker House and then we walk the 3 minute walk to Kilimanjaro.
I don't know, bouncing around in that vehicle after a big meal???:crazy2: Good strategy though if everyone is up for it.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter