Is this frowned on??

raykay23

Mouseketeer
Altering the number of people in your party when making online ADR's?
I was looking at Ohana, it told me that there was no availability for my chosen date and time for 2 people but then I added one adult there was availability.

Kinda sorta. Nothing will happen, except you might get a frowny face from the CMs when you check in. No one will be there to knee-cap you.;)

Do keep checking back to see if you can make your ADR for the real number of people in your group. Then you can open up that larger table for a family who needs the bigger space.

It doesn't surprise me because I don't ever remember seeing tables for two at 'Ohana but I do remember tables for 3. Technically it is wrong, but I say take the reservation. In fact people on these boards have had CMs on the phone reservation system tell them to do just that.

The table for 3 was pretty small so it is not like you are using up a big table.

you may get flamed for the question,:rolleyes1 but yes, people alter the # to get reservations. Sometimes, that is the only way to get a table, especially since the way the Disney reservation system works it seems it's very particular about exact numbers at tables. There may be 20 tables for 3 available but it will not put a party of 2 at one of those tables, no matter what. Even if the tables for 3 sit empty on the system.

And actually, back when all reservations had to be made on the phone with Disney Dining, there were often reports on this forum that CMs were suggesting that an ADR "might work if you had 3 instead of 2...or 5 instead of 4" They didn't outright suggest you lie...just that they would make suggestions that you "might want to find another person to go with you because the bigger table was available...and then it would sure be "too bad" when that extra person couldn't make it to the dinner with you." The CMs knew the system was too rigid.

you may get flamed for the question,:rolleyes1 but yes, people alter the # to get reservations. Sometimes, that is the only way to get a table, especially since the way the Disney reservation system works it seems it's very particular about exact numbers at tables. There may be 20 tables for 3 available but it will not put a party of 2 at one of those tables, no matter what. Even if the tables for 3 sit empty on the system.

And actually, back when all reservations had to be made on the phone with Disney Dining, there were often reports on this forum that CMs were suggesting that an ADR "might work if you had 3 instead of 2...or 5 instead of 4" They didn't outright suggest you lie...just that they would make suggestions that you "might want to find another person to go with you because the bigger table was available...and then it would sure be "too bad" when that extra person couldn't make it to the dinner with you." The CMs knew the system was too rigid.

I agree - I wouldn't put in 2 if there were 8 in your party ;)... But 2 vs. 3...I don't see it as a big deal at all.

I say go ahead and book it if its only 1 person above what you actually have. I dont think the CM is going to make any faces though, im sure it doesnt make or break their day.

It doesn't surprise me because I don't ever remember seeing tables for two at 'Ohana but I do remember tables for 3. Technically it is wrong, but I say take the reservation. In fact people on these boards have had CMs on the phone reservation system tell them to do just that.

The table for 3 was pretty small so it is not like you are using up a big table.

I'm pretty sure we were at a table for 2 last September. :confused3 We were over by the window. Or maybe the table was just that small that I couldn't imagine putting another person there? I don't even remember other chairs at the table.
Anyway, I would say it's not the right thing to do. I would agree to try to change it to 2 people if you can before your trip so another group who needs a table for 3 can enjoy themselves at 'Ohana as well. That being said, I don't see a huge deal with 1 extra person.

Altering the number of people in your party when making online ADR's?
I was looking at Ohana, it told me that there was no availability for my chosen date and time for 2 people but then I added one adult there was availability.

Well, I was always curious how it would work if you snatched the "wrong" party number ADR, but just called a couple weeks later and talked to somebody over the phone to adjust it down to the right number. Surely, they wouldn't tell you, "sorry, you don't have a spot anymore", right? Or has that happened to people? I sincerely haven't tried/won't try it-just wondering if the OP would be able to keep the ADR that way..:confused3.

I say go ahead and book it if its only 1 person above what you actually have. I dont think the CM is going to make any faces though, im sure it doesnt make or break their day.

We actually got strange looks from the CMs at Le Ceiller when we told them we were a party of 6 and they had us down as a party of 8. I don't have any idea how they got the number wrong, but they did look at us wierd and question us about it.

When I had to change my dining reservation numbers (mother-in-law making last minute changes to when she was arriving and leaving) I was told by the CM that if the number of people you have requires a different size table then you have to cancel and rebook. They couldn't just change our group of 7 to 6 so I doubt they can just change you from 3 to 2 without canceling, so I wouldn't call and change it if you want to keep that reservation (I personally wouldn't do it because I worry to much but people here do it all the time.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter