Is there anyone super excited about their upcoming trip?

Always super excited for a Disney trip. We have a vlogger scavenger hunt scheduled for the opening of the Flower Show at Epcot on March 2.

And, Fort Wilderness is my favorite place to take my camper! :stitch:

Re: Your edit, don't worry about any conflicts. They realize this is a possibility and if you have an ADR the same time as your ride window you just do your ADR and they'll let you do your ride when you are done. We had several conflicts and it was ok

I’ve read reports of people not being allowed to ride outside of their window.

I’ve read reports of people not being allowed to ride outside of their window.
If you have an ADR I do not believe a single report. I'm not saying just walking up late for no reason. But with a receipt from an ADR, no, not true. I don't care what someone says happened. If they said it, they left out half the story, as in they didn't show they were at an ADR or the ADR was not at the same time as the Genie+ time, etc.

We were there in November and have trips in May and August this year - I’m excited about both. We used Genie+ and learned a lot. I was really comfortable with the Disney guidelines and the cast members were lovely. Yes, there are a few changes but nothing that took away the magic for us. I will miss ME but we booked Mears from the airport in May and will take Lyft back to the airport - I’m curious as to which will be easier.

I wish I could get excited about disney parks again. Last time was just different. I didn’t enjoy the two new fireworks shows. CMs didn’t seem as friendly as I remember (eg, got questioned very intensely/unpleasantly when renewing my autistic 6 year old’s DAS). Everything was very crowded with long waits, dirty bathrooms, and I felt very claustrophobic post-Covid in shoulder to shoulder crowds at fireworks time and indoor places like MMRR pre-show where they are back to filling all available space. Food quality felt like a major downgrade everywhere, and very expensive. We can normally have a super magical day no matter what but I look back on photos and don’t see the same big smiles from our prior trips. And this was before Genie+ and the morning I had to do a 7am virtual queue was just plain miserable—the thought of doing that every day…

Our Disney Cruise in 2021 hit home runs on service, food and overall experience so that is what we have booked for 2022. Hoping after a little distance we’ll be able to be excited for the parks again in 2023.

I wish I could get excited about disney parks again. Last time was just different. I didn’t enjoy the two new fireworks shows. CMs didn’t seem as friendly as I remember (eg, got questioned very intensely/unpleasantly when renewing my autistic 6 year old’s DAS). Everything was very crowded with long waits, dirty bathrooms, and I felt very claustrophobic post-Covid in shoulder to shoulder crowds at fireworks time and indoor places like MMRR pre-show where they are back to filling all available space. Food quality felt like a major downgrade everywhere, and very expensive. We can normally have a super magical day no matter what but I look back on photos and don’t see the same big smiles from our prior trips. And this was before Genie+ and the morning I had to do a 7am virtual queue was just plain miserable—the thought of doing that every day…

Our Disney Cruise in 2021 hit home runs on service, food and overall experience so that is what we have booked for 2022. Hoping after a little distance we’ll be able to be excited for the parks again in 2023.
I did not have a similar experience when getting DAS for my DD. My DD's Guest Services CM at MK's City Hall was absolutely wonderful. Although DD is not developmentally disabled, I have an autistic nephew and your story burns me to the core. I should turn the other cheek but its really hard when I hear stories like yours.

I am excited for my May trip, even though I have been 4 times since covid. It's for a friends wedding at Animal Kingdom. Sunrise in front of the Tree of Life. Also a Harmonius dessert party. We are staying at AKL, which we haven't stayed at in while. Hoping to do Boma for breakfast and maybe Jiko for dinner. I think it will be a fairly relaxing trip. We are hoping to get pictures on Expedition Everest after the wedding/reception in our fancy clothes :rotfl: My only concern is flights. DH and DS will be coming the night before the wedding due to school. I just hope their flights aren't canceled like our 3 previous trips:sad2:

Yes! But not to Disney, going to spend 10 days in Hawaii 3 on Ohau and 7 on Kauai in August. Omicron will be has been news in a couple of weeks, but I'm ready for Decepticon!
I was hoping for a Lambda that we could call the Loki variant, but I think we have passed that Greek letter now. Kauai is amazing! Have a great trip!

We have a trip coming up in June 19-29.

Right now the world is crazy. Omicron is everywhere and the news is bad wherever you look. The stress most days feels overwhelming
But one daughter will be celebrating finishing her first year of college. The other daughter will be celebrating finishing her freshman year of high school. We are going to be together and enjoying our happy place. Life is too short and the world is an unpleasant place right now. I just can’t let all this other stuff wear me down. G+, LL, Mears transportation, It does not matter. We are counting down the days to be home. And can’t wait.

Anyone else actually looking forward to a trip?

I agree it's a "Mixed feelings" situation. We had the PERFECT trip booked in March 2020. We had all the latest attractions all booked on FP+, we had all the restaurants we wanted booked for ADRs, AND being a DVC family, our stay was *perfectly* placed that we were going to be able to attend TWO DVC parties... Then we had to cancel...

Last year, we tentatively booked our upcoming trip in March... things were looking up in November, so we actually extended it a bit! ... NOW ... we're super nervous... not only is Omicron running rampant, but we're coming down from Canada too... so that's another layer of worry. But at the same time, we're booked on DVC points, many of which will expire and be "lost" if we have to cancel... So ... I'm "excited" ... but more ... anxious... I'm still doing ADRs and planning as if we're going... but I don't know what will happen in the next month and a half...

I’m super excited for our upcoming trip! Now that we’ve used Genie before and it’s been around a lot longer, I feel better about how to use it. I also am going into the trip just expecting the crowds. It’s been busy there lately, and the crowds that were there unexpectedly in November really threw us off. So this time I’m going in mentally prepared. They will be there! Times are different and so are my expectations. So it will be fun and magical and I’m ready!! :smickey:

I'm the group planner too and I will say that with the changes with ADR's and FP+/Genie+ the planning feels way less fun than it used to be. I'm a little worried about trouble getting ADR's when our time comes too.

That said, I'm dedicated to going in with an open mind. Hubby and I said that even if we don't get the ADR's we're hoping for, there will be a silver lining to that too. We'll get the chance to check out more of the QS spots we usually pass by bc we're too full from a sit down meal, or we'll gorge ourselves on tons of snacks! Hoop Dee Doo is our big WDW family tradition and I'm starting to accept the very real possibility (probability?) that it will not be open for our trip. But the flip side is that if we don't do HDD maybe we'll do O'Hana instead - something I've always wanted to do but haven't gotten around to yet.

I'm not trying to say your feelings aren't legitimate bc they absolutely ARE. I just feel like you're still going to have a really great time and might even discover some new favorites along the way. Have you tried Baseline Tap Room in HS? Or maybe take a walk over to the Boardwalk area for lunch that day?
I certainly hope that we're going to have a good time since we're celebrating my DW. I keep stalking the ADR site and all that's left on our HS day is Mama Melrose (been there/pass on a return trip). All I wanted was SciFi. We haven't tried Baseline because we haven't been there since it opened. Our last family trip was Jan 2018.
Even today, DW talked to GS to see about fulfilling their gift to us for this trip (3 FP/person, preferred seating for one fireworks show not MK) and they were less than helpful. Certainly, others have different experiences and different perspectives, but for us the magic is just gone.

Our next trip will be fun. we are spending 3 days at universal, then 4 days at WDW.
Looking forward to some of the restaurants and shows that are now open that were no open last year when we were there.
Not a fan of Genie +, but vowing to do better with it this time rather than the awkward 1st week it opened. that was part of the problem, we were there day 1 when it started and nobody understood it or how to use it.
We're spending 3 days at Universal as well (Royal Pacific) at the end of our WDW trip. We are really excited about it. Something different for us.
Genie+, well it was useful the one day we used it but my wife has DAS and for our speed, it works just as well. We've done most all the rides we want and now are just hitting the best of ones again at a slower pace.

I’m not quite the excited level, but I’m really looking forward to it. I’d be excited if we didn’t still have a pandemic and FL wasn’t out of control w it. When I booked our March trip over a year ago, I thought we’d be back to normal since vaccines were rolling out. 😒 But, we last left WDW 7 days before it closed in 2020. Were not letting that stop us anymore. Have N95 masks ready. Antibacterial gel, Lysol wipes, at the ready. All vaxxed and boosted. We’re going dammit!

But, we’ll be there 2 weeks and our priorities have changed over the years. Attractions are less appealing than shopping and finding fun foods now. It’s been fun to start a list of items to look for. We’re relaxed visitors now. It will be fun. We’ll make sure it is. Can’t say that corporate has made it one shred better though. It’s just getting harder to enjoy at the rapturous level we used to. 😔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter