Is the Beast meeting at BoG still happening?

patty57

DIS Veteran
I read there was a trial in July where the Beast was meeting guests in his study. Has anyone been lately and know if this is still happening? Thanks.

I read there was a trial in July where the Beast was meeting guests in his study. Has anyone been lately and know if this is still happening? Thanks.
I read that the trial ended. No idea if it will come back.

I read that the trial ended. No idea if it will come back.
Thanks. I didn't see that. Not sure why they made this a trial. It's not a big deal for them to have the meet and greet.

Could it be that they just could not staff enough "friends of the Beast" to keep him there the full dining service time. The worse would be to book it expecting him, and him not be there. The costume is huge and heavy, his Friends are very specific in size.

I guess my question is ... is the restaurant full enough without offering him, so why spend the extra for it if not needed?

Thanks. I didn't see that. Not sure why they made this a trial. It's not a big deal for them to have the meet and greet.
It was SOP prior to the covid closures, actually. When you were seated they let you know that following the meal you were invited to the Beast’s study for an audience with him, and then you could wander around the rooms at leisure taking pics. It was really cool and a great way to cap off our dinner there (especially since we ate in the West Wing our first time).

This lame doing drive bys in the ballroom stuff is an artifact of the weird reopening period when characters couldn’t meet because of distancing protocols, but the fact that they’re still doing it years later after every other character situation is back to normal is frankly disgraceful. People still keep packing that place in though, so.

We ate there on August 19th and the Beast was doing his usual enter, walk around, wave, and leave thing. They even tell you to remain seated for the duration.
For the price you pay, there's no excuse for not being able to meet him. In fact, you should also be able to meet Belle with him!

It was SOP prior to the covid closures, actually. When you were seated they let you know that following the meal you were invited to the Beast’s study for an audience with him, and then you could wander around the rooms at leisure taking pics. It was really cool and a great way to cap off our dinner there (especially since we ate in the West Wing our first time).

This lame doing drive bys in the ballroom stuff is an artifact of the weird reopening period when characters couldn’t meet because of distancing protocols, but the fact that they’re still doing it years later after every other character situation is back to normal is frankly disgraceful. People still keep packing that place in though, so.
FWIW though prior to March 2020 he only met in his study during dinner service as lunch was a more fast casual ala carte menu vs the prix fixe that it is now

I read the trial period ended and he wasn’t meeting anymore. I had planned to go when they brought the meet and greet back but now I’m not going. Not worth it in my opinion without that

If I ran Be Our Guest I would have a meet and greet with all of the Beauty And The Beast characters from Belle The Beast and Gaston and they would come one by one to every table to meet guests and sign autographs during the meal and that's how Be Our Guest was supposed to be in the first place as a character dining restaurant. But this thing with The Beast just walking around the restaurant and waving is just unappealing. I mean people go to Be Our Guest to eat food and see characters but they should've at least have Gaston and Belle join the Beast to meet and greet with diners but why Be Our Guest has only The Beast in the restaurant just walking around waving to guests is shocking. I also cannot figure out why Be Our Guest is so popular with people and when people go they'll be disappointed at how they cannot meet The Beast while eating your meal. If Be Our Guest had a stage added for a Beauty And The Beast lunch/dinner show and have Belle and Gaston meet diners after the show it would be a smart idea for Be Our Guest to do. After all Disneyland did this with the Aladdin's Oasis restaurant in the 90's

@DodgerGirl that would be amazing. I will probably opt for trying to get a Cinderella's Royal Table reservation instead of Be Our Guest. The funny thing is that the one time I went and had a meet & greet with the Beast, they sent me pictures of another family with him. They never found our pictures. :rolleyes2

Why I also think people could no longer meet and greet with The Beast at Be Our Guest anymore is because if The Beast stopped at every table for photos with people guests would be trying to start fights about which family wants to meet The Beast first for their photo with him. But I'm happy you like my idea of a Beauty And The Beast dinner/lunch show at Be Our Guest Patty57 because if this really were to exist reservations for Be Our Guest would sell out in a heartbeat

Why I also think people could no longer meet and greet with The Beast at Be Our Guest anymore is because if The Beast stopped at every table for photos with people guests would be trying to start fights about which family wants to meet The Beast first for their photo with him. But I'm happy you like my idea of a Beauty And The Beast dinner/lunch show at Be Our Guest Patty57 because if this really were to exist reservations for Be Our Guest would sell out in a heartbeat
Characters stop at tables at almost every character meal in Disney. I have never seen a single fight. There’s a procedure and it works just fine.

When Beast was previously available for photos at Be Our Guest he stayed in the library and people lined up after their dinner to get a photo with him. It worked just fine for years.

This isn’t an operational issue. This is a budget issue. Disney is cheating out.

It’s real disappointing to hear that they did it for a month and then stopped it again. When we were there last December he didn’t even come to our side of the room.

Our photos with the beast (from back in 2017) were awful. It was dark in the room where he met people.

Our photos with the beast (from back in 2017) were awful. It was dark in the room where he met people.
Lots of their permanent meat and greet locations have terrible lighting. Maybe it’s a plot to sell Photopass but it’s really disappointing. I have a DSLR and a nice flash so I don’t have problems there but most people these days don’t.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest