Is switching rooms in the same hotel part way through stay a hassle?

ginkybiloba

Mouseketeer
Just curious - we've never done it, but the 2-queen room at RPR is only available the first two nights of our stay at the APH rate. We would then need to switch to a King suite. Switching rooms would save us about $80/night for each of those two nights, so it's definitely an attractive option.

I assume we'd have to check out, leave our luggage with the bell captain and then check in later to the other room?

Thanks in advance!

To me, that would be worth the savings. Especially for the short trip where you won't have as much to pack & move, and you don't even have to switch hotels. You may be able to ask at check in about the possibility of staying in the same room the whole time, pending availability at that time of course.

We had to do it once, we had a stay booked at RPH but had to arrive a day earlier, they couldn't give us the same room type so we stayed in a room for 1 night then moved to the other the next day. It was a pain, I wouldn't do it again unless it was a significant saving. I hated having to take our luggage and check out and then back in - it was just too much of a hassle.

We’ve moved my rooms once or twice during our stays at RP when we’ve been upgraded while there, and it doesn’t take long to get your stuff together........

160 is probably worth it - the biggest hassle is if it is a very busy time.
You may have to leave you bags with the bellman for the day and your new room may not be ready until 4 - that can be a hassle
sounds like your be there for a few days - so a few hours wasted is not that big a deal - but I know I like to be checked in and done with it so I can relax in teh parks and not worry about getting back and set up

I really like the king suites though so Id probably spend the 160 to stay in that the whole time - it is a lot more room and a lot more comfortable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter