Is SW raising Early Bird seating prices?

That would be fine with me as I almost never check a bag! It would probably slow down boarding though if more people have more carryons.
The problem it that so many people are bringing carry on's that sometime it's impossible to find space. It wouldn't shock me if everyone starts charging for carry on's like spirit and frontier. Like checked bag fees it just takes one "regular" airline to start charging before they all do.

The last time I flew SW, we boarded so efficiently, we pushed off from the gate 5 to 10 minutes early.
I've had that happen a number of times on Delta. I've also had it where everyone is on board and seated early and they still didn't push back, I'm assuming because, especially at larger airports, there's "slots" for departures and taking an earlier "slot" isn't always available. I believe they also look at the estimated arrival "slot". It's cheaper to keep people waiting at the gate, without the engines running, than to circle an airport to fit your expected "slot".
The problem it that so many people are bringing carry on's that sometime it's impossible to find space. It wouldn't shock me if everyone starts charging for carry on's like spirit and frontier. Like checked bag fees it just takes one "regular" airline to start charging before they all do.
IMO, EVERYONE should have a carry on. You should have (at minimum) enough stuff to last you and your party 24 hours, in addition to your medicines, electronics, and anything of value. Whether that fits in what goes under the seat or not is a different story.

Even though I get free (two?) checked bags on Delta, I still bring a carry on. I can fit everything for a week long trip, I don't have to wait for luggage to come out at baggage claim at my destination, and I don't have to worry about a checked bag not making a connection.

I buy EBCI so that I don't have to worry about remembering to check in while I am on vacation:beach:. My sister forgot one year and she ended up with C-30's for their family of 4:scared:. Fortunately, both of her children qualified them for family boarding so she got lucky.

This year, DH and I have a departing flight at 7am. I work the day before and cannot guarantee that I will be able to check in at exactly T-24 and DH is a "passenger princess" so he would be of no help:goodvibes. For our return, we have a 9am flight and we are going to be at MNSSHP the night before check in. I have no desire to drag myself out of bed or set an alarm to check in on our last morning of vacation.

I booked the trip on points so the $100 for the EBCI both ways is totally worth it for me:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter