Is MNSSHP always packed?

Everyyeardisney

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip for Oct, no specific dates yet, we are flexible. We want to go to MNSSHP and have never been. Is there a certain time of the month that it is not as crowded? We have read that MNSSHP is packed and want to go when it is least crowded. And information would be great. Thank you.
Nicole

Are the kids supposed to be in costume? Is candy given out? Is it just a really big disney Halloween Party?

Part of it depends on what you view as packed. we have gone the past 3 years and the crowds have not been bad. We have been on most rides in 10 minutes or less. We go the beginning to mid-October. Disney limits the number of people at these events, so you already start out in better shape than a typical day. From the boards, I understand that halloween night is very crowded.

Originally posted by bkline
Part of it depends on what you view as packed. we have gone the past 3 years and the crowds have not been bad. We have been on most rides in 10 minutes or less. We go the beginning to mid-October. Disney limits the number of people at these events, so you already start out in better shape than a typical day. From the boards, I understand that halloween night is very crowded.

Are all the rides open or just the big ones?

Hi - we went last year on a Thursday night after Columbus Day. It was our first trip by the way. Up here, there is no holiday for Columbus Day, and the park was very crowded that weekend & Monday.

Anyway, the MNSSHP was NOT crowded at all. It was abs. wonderful. Both our kids bought costumes at DD and we had a blast. the decorations were fantastic, and the trick or treat candy was very good - no cheesy treats!

We didn't wait for any rides at all - they limit tix for this event.

We are def. going again this year.

2x_dis_dad: All the rides are open. I believe Thunder Mountain Railroad was closed, but it was closed during the day also.

Fridays tend to be more crowded than weekdays.

The last couple of parties of the month and especially Halloween night are the most crowded.

The beginning of the month parties through mid-October won't be bad at all especially if you avoid Friday.

Almost all the rides are running.

Young and old can dress up and many do. There's trick or treating stations throughout the park.

There's a special Halloween Parade 2 times each night of the party.

Sounds great, what are the park hours and admission prices?

Can anybody help who has gone to MNSSHP before? Which day in your opinion would be the least crowded- Friday, Oct. 29th, Sat. Oct. 30th, or Sun. Oct. 31st???

MNSSHP runs from 7-midnight. Based upon the past 3 years, you can get in starting about 4. Prices are a little under 30 per adult if I remember correctly. You may want to do a search or I'm sure someone else remembers. I try to forget about price.

INTERCOT MNSSHP INFO

That website will have all you need to know about MNSSHP including last year's prices, dates, and what rides are open and what special things go on.

2003 Advance purchase prices:
Adult - $31.90 -- Children (3-9) - $26.58.
($3 shipping and handling fee)

They were a bit more if you bought the day of the party.

The dates for the party that have been floating around here are only a guess. They are not official. From past experience, the Oct 30 date is probably an error as Disney has never had a party on a Saturday night. Of course, they could change that policy this year, but I doubt it.

If I had to choose between the Friday before Halloween and Halloween night, it would be a tough one. They will both probably be crowded because Friday will draw the locals and it's a weekend night and Sunday will be crowded because it's Halloween night. I think I'd go for Halloween night.

Have fun!:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter