Is it worth eating at Art's Homecomin' at 930 pm.

I know mentioned but I’ll also ping Jaleo again. It’s very different from what a lot of folks have around home.

When I had a late reservation for Homecomin I got a text the day before with a link to manage my reservation. I was able to use that link to move it up to a more favorable time. My reservation still showed with the later time but I stopped by the reservation desk when we got to DS to confirm which one we had and they had us down for both and canceled the late one.

I find Homecomin to be easier to get reservations on Open Table...the Disney app can be very difficult. Walk up can have success sometimes, but I prefer to just get an Open Table res to be safe.

I think it's a great restaurant. Is it the best southern food in the South? Of course not. But it's easily the best southern-style food and chicken in Disney World, so that makes it an easy pick for me. It's solid comfort food, tasty, done in a good proper southern style even if you can find better at places back home. If you and your husband enjoy southern food, then I think it's still a great option, unless your requirement is that it be better than any southern-cooking place you've ever eaten. If the requirement is tasty fried chicken, good biscuits, nice traditional southern sides, and bottomless sweet tea, then it's one of the best choices in Disney.

I've had much better Mexican, Italian, Japanese, German, French food, steaks, burgers, etc than what I can find at Disney, yet I can still enjoy the best of those at Disney World - I'm not comparing them to the best I've ever eaten - I'm simply comparing to what are the best of each of those I can find at Disney World.

At Disney Springs, I like Boathouse, Enzo's Hideaway, and Summer House along with Homecomin. Morimoto and Raglan Road are good for occasional visits, D Luxe burger and Chicken Guy decent for quick food. Frontera can be good - I've had very good meals and so-so, so just need to pick certain things on the menu. Same for Wine Bar George - a few really good dishes there and great wines. Appetizers at Jock Lindsey's, and sometimes just the easy casual serve/American pub stuff like Rainforest and House of Blues when I don't feel like thinking hard.

I find Homecomin to be easier to get reservations on Open Table...the Disney app can be very difficult. Walk up can have success sometimes, but I prefer to just get an Open Table res to be safe.
Unfortunately Homecomin is no longer on Open Table. Boathouse is but Homecomin' is only available in the Disney app.

Interesting! That must have happened sometime recently this year as I had used it in December.

Just repeating the advice to try a walk up. We’ve done it twice - at brunch and dinner - and waited just a few minutes. It’s definitely worth a try. Just maybe have a backup plan in case they are crazy busy. But no need to have dinner at 9:30 unless you really want to.

Unfortunately Homecomin is no longer on Open Table. Boathouse is but Homecomin' is only available in the Disney app.
Actually, all the TS restaurants @ DS are on Open Table excepting Homecomin’.
Management probably made a business decision to keep more profits on hand. It can be very expensive to retain reservation platforms.

Management probably made a business decision to keep more profits on hand. It can be very expensive to retain reservation platforms.
Interesting, Boathouse and Homecomin' are the only two I've looked for on Open Table. It is odd that Homecomin' is the only one not on there.

I don't like Homecomin' at all (and your husband won't be fooled by it), but if you must, 9:30 is rather late for the gut-bombs they dish up there. Walk up when you want and you'll be seated, or given a minimal wait. They don't book their tables full with reservations.

We like Raglan Road. If you've never been, it's a good time and I recommend trying it at least once. Open Table will be an easier reservation than MDE.

City Works was also removed from Open Table recently. I always book through them rather than through Disney and noticed last month that they're no longer on Open Table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter