IS it worth 3x the money?

It's not double, but it's generally more than 1/2 the price of booking a regular cabin as a solo. Plus they are ALL interior and according to my TA when I asked her honestly about the size (because I know she's done preview tours of them) her words were "well, you can walk on one side of the bed...but they ARE very small".

My aunt frequently books the studios on NCL. She loves them. Perfect amount of room for her and she loves the private lounge with coffee, snacks, etc. Apparently it's a great meeting place for other singles. (I did see one of her studios and wouldn't have any issues staying in one. They have cool lighting too.)

It's not double, but it's generally more than 1/2 the price of booking a regular cabin as a solo. Plus they are ALL interior and according to my TA when I asked her honestly about the size (because I know she's done preview tours of them) her words were "well, you can walk on one side of the bed...but they ARE very small".
These studio cabins appeared starting with Epic - older ships do not have them. Prior to the launch of Epic, it was possible for a single traveler to score what was effectively a single-person rate on last minute (within 30 days) guarantee stateroom. I've done Baltics as a single on NCL in an equivalent of 9C for about 1/6 of the advertised two-person price on DCL. Not sure if NCL still has this type of last minute offers.

Another cool feature of the NCL solos cabins (at least on the Bliss - I'm not sure about the other ships), is that they have virtual windows similar to Disney's virtual portholes. They also have a coordinator who arranges meet ups, dinners and activities for the singles if you so desire.

I found a video of several different types of cabins on the Bliss. The studios start about 2:08.

They are definitely small, but they'd get the job done (assuming you're not claustrophobic). They are really popular and often sell out quickly.

I'm not claustrophobic, but I do like being able to see outside. Not fake piped in pictures. OUTSIDE.

But the biggest issue for me with NCL is it is my principal's favorite cruise line - and the only one she and her family use. It would be just my luck to end up on the same cruise as her - and that is anything BUT relaxing for me.

I am also not comfortable at all with their dining concept - being gluten-free, I am much more comfortable having the same servers every night because there is much less room for error. On my recent RCCL cruise to Greece, one night was "open seating" in the dining room at dinner (because we were anchored at Santorini until 10:30pm so many were eating ashore), and in spite of them getting my cabin number, my servers and my table number they had great difficulty in locating my pre-order. Ditto on fathom's Adonia (only 700 passengers, so you'd think it would be super simple) in terms of finding my order. It was never easy. So yeah...having no way of having the same team every night? No bueno IMHO.

I get that some people love it, but it is 100% NOT the cruise line for me.

My aunt frequently books the studios on NCL. She loves them. Perfect amount of room for her and she loves the private lounge with coffee, snacks, etc. Apparently it's a great meeting place for other singles. (I did see one of her studios and wouldn't have any issues staying in one. They have cool lighting too.)

So there's a lounge access? Cool! :)

Another cool feature of the NCL solos cabins (at least on the Bliss - I'm not sure about the other ships), is that they have virtual windows similar to Disney's virtual portholes. They also have a coordinator who arranges meet ups, dinners and activities for the singles if you so desire.

I found a video of several different types of cabins on the Bliss. The studios start about 2:08.

They are definitely small, but they'd get the job done (assuming you're not claustrophobic). They are really popular and often sell out quickly.

So cute!! Not gonna lie. If those were available for 2 (for a cheaper rate than a regular cabin) my DH and I would not hesitate! I keep telling my friend who is single and want to visit Europe that she should book one...

It would depend on exactly how much that 3x is. $1,500 vs 4,500...probably. $6,000 vs $18,000...not a chance.

Just wanted to throw out that for 2020 we booked an inside room on RCCL for under 90 a night per person with their wow sale which includes a 125 OBC (did not use the OBC money in the per night cost calc, that is extra on top). When we looked at DCL. Their only 2020 cruises out so far were on the Wonder out of Galveston were 244 a night per person. While the dates didn’t match up, the RCCL itinerary was way better for us with three islands we have never been too:).

We did book Royal, and in our research found Celebrity, NCL, and Princess to be cheaper than DCL. For us the vibe on Royal has been really nice, hoping that continues. Will have to look to 2021 now to see if we can get back to DCL:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter